Inactive Chloe Sagal / John Paul Neumann - Self-Immolated to Protest The US Mental Health System. Currently Being Exploited by her "Allies".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Why? Is she supposed to just never mention her again? I'm sure it was an absolutely central event in her mind's landscape, and how can you just move past something like that?
Just the little details, to me; her 2018 tweets about Sagal(when they were already separated) post-immolation were toned as though "I don't want to be in the spotlight for this, please get facts right and move on, don't make Chloe a circus," and seemed genuine then. I have a hard time identifying with the need to social media-mention someone who's been dead 2+ years out of the blue, several times. But I'm also not a Portland tranny begging for work/bills on twitter, so it may just be out of my headspace to imagine.

There's nothing unusual in that twitter thread the screenshot comes from, and nothing interesting from recent tweets from Rani so I don't have any beef with him/her. I'm just confused by the "always online" element of these people's lives.

Jaimas

I'M GONNA SPAAAAAAAAAACE
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just the little details, to me; her 2018 tweets about Sagal(when they were already separated) post-immolation were toned as though "I don't want to be in the spotlight for this, please get facts right and move on, don't make Chloe a circus," and seemed genuine then. I have a hard time identifying with the need to social media-mention someone who's been dead 2+ years out of the blue, several times. But I'm also not a Portland tranny begging for work/bills on twitter, so it may just be out of my headspace to imagine.

There's nothing unusual in that twitter thread the screenshot comes from, and nothing interesting from recent tweets from Rani so I don't have any beef with him/her. I'm just confused by the "always online" element of these people's lives.
I think one of the most telling things to do during this time to gauge intent is to see what certain people did in the aftermath of Chloe's suicide. With many of the usual suspects, you saw the typical panhandling and meaningless "REST IN POWER" BS, as well as attempts to blame the Farms for her death and put the blame on, effectively, anyone but themselves and the culture they created that turned Sagal into a pariah.

There was none of that with any of the people who genuinely cared about her - just the gob-smacking tragedy of it all. None of the people I've known who genuinely cared about Chloe were anything other than devastated by the loss, and furious at the people who drove her to do that. In the end, Chloe pushed everyone who cared about her away, and that's the biggest tragedy of the whole thing - that despite everything, she was genuinely loved by people, and there are people who were richer for having known her, in spite of all her problems.

While Rani has more than her share of problems - certainly enough to sustain a thread on her own - Rani loved Chloe, and has thus far, to the best of my knowledge, has not once tried to exploit the fact that she was so close to her for e-attention or monetary gain. It's always been "this still hurts, and the scars are still fresh, and I don't know how to deal with this." And I think many of us can sympathize with that, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.