Chris and his finances: An in-depth review of his debt -

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been lurking and watching the sagas of Chris since 2010, but during the last month or so I got bored and decided to do some data gathering from the forums, public records, online, and from various other sources pulled with valid permissible purpose to create a rough idea of just how deep Chris is in debt. I hope to keep the data I present as free from bias as I can. It will be up to you all to interpret what any of it means.

The following is what I have found.

Disclaimer: All numbers are rounded or approximate. Information was gleaned from multiple sources, some of unverifiable veracity. While I have done my best to make sure all information here is TRUE and HONEST, the intent is to get a general picture of Chris’s financial habits based on his credit card spending, not to be a comprehensive list of his finances.
If I have missed any data you feel is relevant, or if you have updated data to add to this list, feel free to mention it.

The data:

Credit Cards

Capitol One – Limit ~$3000 - Current status: Maxed out - Min payment: ~$80

Target – Limit: ~$2000 - Current status: Maxed out - Min payment: ~$60

Walmart - Limit: ~$1300 - Current Status: Maxed out - Min Payment: ~$40

Toys R Us - Limit: ~$1100 - Current Status: Maxed out - Min Payment: ~$40

Bank of America - Limit: ~$200 - Current Status: ? - Min Payment: ? (To my knowledge, this card is not closed, but is not being used.)

The cards listed as maxed out have reached the limit, and very often have gone over that limit by almost $100. These statuses are at least a month old as of this writing.

Closed Cards

Best Buy – Limit: 2500 - Current Status: Closed - Min Payment: ?

2nd Capital One – Closed

First Premier Bank – Closed before 2010. Shared with parents.

Sam’s Club – Seems to have been shared with his parents. Now closed as of 2013.

Paypal – Chris had at least 2 of these accounts. Both of them were closed before 2010.

TLDR version:

Chis has at least $7300 of unpaid credit card debt to his name that I can confirm. He likely has much more. He must be spending at least $220 a month in order to keep up with the minimum payments alone. As far as I know, the 4 cards with the most debt do not have any co-signers. Most of the closed cards did. As of this moment I do not know how much he has in his bank/paypal accounts, as this data is difficult to acquire legally.

One thing to take into consideration is that he always manages to make the minimum payments every month, which explains why he has credit to begin with. Very few of his accounts are being reported with any late payments or other derogatory information.

On an odder note, at least one of his creditors has him listed as Christia Westonchandler.

Bridechu

kiwifarms.net
The fact that a grown man with no children has a Toys R Us card says enough about Chris and money.
I'm actually kinda shocked it's so common for retailers to have their own credit cards, though maybe I'm just naive (parents always taught me three was the absolute max. number of credit cards and to pay them off every month. Stupid, right?). I knew Walmart and Target had them, but who would ever want a Toys R Us credit card in their wallet besides people who were already running huge lines of debt?

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually kinda shocked it's so common for retailers to have their own credit cards, though maybe I'm just naive (parents always taught me three was the absolute max. number of credit cards and to pay them off every month. Stupid, right?). I knew Walmart and Target had them, but who would ever want a Toys R Us credit card in their wallet besides people who were already running huge lines of debt?
Charging people interest for buying your own products is like hitting two birds with one stone.

sparklemilhouse

America Online for Dummies™
kiwifarms.net
People who have lots of kids or lots of little kid relatives, I guess. That would be my only guess!

---

Thanks for doing the research, i <3 research, especially Chris research.

Donald Duck

LEGO IS EXPENSIVE!!!
kiwifarms.net
CatParty (or however you pronounce it now) once said that Chris spends money like an unsupervised child (or something like that).
He's exaclty like those children who maxed out their parents' credit cards playing that game "Tap Fish" I think it was called. Except that the children can be forgiven for their ignorance, while Chris is just a fucking idiot who should never have been allowed to handle money.

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
Heeeeyyyy... I used to work in collections for one of his closed accounts, and with the timeline you laid out, I might've spoken with him or Barb over the phone... and now I'm somewhat terrified.
Strangely, I don't think any of his credit card accounts have ended up in collections. All his closed accounts were listed as paid and closed.

Reactions: silentprincess

Pikonic

Now catchable in Pokémon GO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Assuming his cards have average interest rates (15.6% at the time of writing) and he doesn't put another dime into his credit, paying the minimum of $220 will get him out of the $7300 will take about 3 years and 8 months (44 months) If Chris's credit score is shit the interest rate could be in the 20s.
Chris can not have his disability checked involuntarily garnished to pay for this debt (or so http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page1-18.html claims) and nobody will assume this debt when he passes on. He's basically free to spend how he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino