Chris and the supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence

Epic UGH!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has Chris ever expressed a belief in the supernatural (as opposed to believing he's super whilst au naturel)? There's the time he as JenkinsJinkies claimed that he'd been attacked by the ghosts of Patti and himself in an attempt to scare trolls, but I've been wondering if there was anything else besides that.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I would say that this belongs in the "Random Thoughts and Questions" thread, but Chris does have a lot of strange beliefs in terms of magic, religion, and the like.

He claims to be Christian (even when he was exploring other religious practices, he maintained that Jesus would be a part of it), but he appears to have a somewhat Universalist perspective, at least based on things he has said. He also has clearly shamanistic beliefs (LEGO voodoo, curse-ye-ha-me-has, using his old hair clippings to make his hair grow back faster), which I think ties into his actual powerlessness in real life; it's a textbook case of magical thinking.

OtterParty

I shall crush your skull like a clam on my tummy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read something on the CWCki that freaked me out. Apparently when Chris was in college and was having discipline meetings with Mary Lee Walsh, he started to "talk with" Sonichu out of thin air, all in his imagination. Then all of a sudden, he was talking as Sonichu! That's frightening! Put yourself in MLW's shoes as you have a big smelly manchild in front of you suddenly pretending to be manifested by his imaginary friend. But why would Chris allow himself to be manifested by the being he had created? Has he been doing any sick, twisted rituals similar to the occult in the past to allow Sonichu to exist in this world?

This reminds me, there have been many instances of Chris being a super creep and have been taken into Demonic context... He once tried brainwashing, there's creepy Ivy videos, when he slaps himself in "Shut-Up Brain" and "Wake-Up Brain" and when he pretended to be Christopher talking to Christian. He also purpoted a story about the soul of Christopher Chandler existing in the yard. How does Chris know this? Does Sonichu tell him by seeing through the spirit realm? Surely, Chris playing with demonic entities is not doing him good through the years.

Surprisingly, all this leads into him becoming a "Tomgirl" or a better way to put it, and Androgen. A Wicked demon named Baphomet represents Androgyny. Androgyny is being girly & boyish, pretty much. Thus, the demons in CWC's life have fully manifested. This is why he can't find love. He chose the wrong path in life, by creating a Demon and playing with it. It's almost like he sold his soul to Satan but Satan did not want the soul of this sweaty fat manchild fuck and gave him a shitty life regardless.

Florence

Epic UGH!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read something on the CWCki that freaked me out. Apparently when Chris was in college and was having discipline meetings with Mary Lee Walsh, he started to "talk with" Sonichu out of thin air, all in his imagination. Then all of a sudden, he was talking as Sonichu! That's frightening! Put yourself in MLW's shoes as you have a big smelly manchild in front of you suddenly pretending to be manifested by his imaginary friend. But why would Chris allow himself to be manifested by the being he had created? Has he been doing any sick, twisted rituals similar to the occult in the past to allow Sonichu to exist in this world?
I always thought that was him being his Autistic Self.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do wonder how much of the supernatural stuff he honestly thinks is true, and how much he just believes because he wants to. Chris has made it pretty clear that for him "belief" is more about changing the channel on realities he doesn't like, than making reasoned judgements about what things are true.

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
It has been mentioned many times that Chris's mind is like that of a child. It is no different here.
Like many children, he maintains belief in things that seem strange to anyone who has grown past that stage of life. Things like his "curses" and other odd beliefs might be related to this lack of development. He sees or hears about things happening, but can't separate these events from his own sense of self, therefore he thinks that at some level, he has caused them.

There is a situation in early childhood where egocentrism and objective relativity have to balance each other out. A child only has one frame of reference, himself, and relates everything to his point of view. Things he does not understand he will try to deduce, but due to being uninformed, the child will create explanations based on his own experience, which can often revolve around "magical" thoughts, and the idea that things happen "just because," rather than because of a particular reason.
A young child has not yet developed the facilities to understand that points of view can be different based on the perceptions of others, and that sometimes the answer to a problem may lie with the knowledge of someone other than himself, even if he cannot yet comprehend a solution. Instead, in this early stage of development, the child relies on his own perceptions to the exclusion of others.
Reliance on uniformed, childhood perceptions of the world is related to the individual's tendency to think intuitively or, in other words, subconsciously. These perceptions tend to go away with experience and education.

Chris seems to have issues with this stage of his development, and it is evident in many of the childish concepts he has kept well into adulthood.

For example, it is common for children, especially first born or only children, to have "imaginary friends," which are often given supernatural qualities -- like the ability to possess toys, drawings, or empty spaces, and influence the world around them. The child often projects issues in his life on the friend. A child with a fear of the dark may project that insecurity onto the friend as a coping mechanism, or as a way to avoid something they don't like.
As a child becomes more social and educated, these delusions usually go away. But Chris never seems to have left this stage of development.

TLDR: Chris is a 33-year-old 6-year-old. And kids in that age range tend to believe a lot of crazy stuff, not for any spiritual reason, but because they don't know any better.

Edit: For great just..er... grammar!

Last edited:

BillRiley

Good GOD, my emotions!
kiwifarms.net
I think it's a mistake to try to divine some kind of organized belief system from the hodge-podge of pseudo-religious notions and muddled superstitions that occupy Chris-Tran's autistic noodle. Attempting to parse what he truly does believe, objects being able to store memories, for instance - from things he believes on a contingency basis, like Lego voodoo - is like trying to unravel the Gordian Knot while blindfolded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.