Chris Chan Documentary 2 (Sequel) -

Do you want the story to be told in sagas in the sequel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

spylobster

Ey b0s can I have da boyfriend free girl?
kiwifarms.net
Hey dere, I hope most of you know me all ready but if you don't I am the original creator of the Christian Weston Chandler documentary. It has gotten quite a lot of attention (at least for my standards) and attention means one of two things either that it is a good thing and people want more or they are all laughing at me. I will assume it is a mix of both with the meter pointing towards good. So if people like it they want to see another one. And let me tell you I WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE. It was such an amazing experience to make the first one and show it to you all. But I don't hold onto the past I already want to make a new one even though I released it a few weeks ago.

I wanted to make this thread because this doesn't have much to do with the original chris-chan documentary. I have stated before that I am willing to make a sequel.... at least I hope that I am able. And what I had in mind was basically A big RE-do. Before I made the movie I barely had any influence from the community. It was about 90% done by the time I made the original thread talking about it. So of course a lot of what everyone suggested did not make it into the final cut. Which is why I am here. Just to throw around some ideas I plan on starting it spring break maybe?, writing and the real outline of everything. And then work it on it slightly all the way to summer which is when the editing and actual putting together of the movie will happen. BUT this is all speculation and wishy washy. I have learned so much in the past few months and I want to only grow.

I am not here to ask for Jew gold or any funding I honestly only need a good mic which is something I could be able to afford. And that being said I am asking for help not money from you guys. What would the perfect Chris documentary look like?. I am aware of most of the factual errors from the original so those can go without being said so what do you want to see in it?.

I will collaborate with anyone willing to help, I want this to be my own project not something made by a committee. So I wont be willing to let people have control of any changes. Hmm the way that came out it sounds selfish. I wont push away constructive criticism or help. I just want to protect its purity that's all. I care a lot about the old one and will care about the new one.

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT SO IT CAN BE MADE A REALITY ;)

I will check on this thread and reply to all ideas. And I hope the thread lasts quite some time so I can look back on it often as a guideline to keep the new documentary true and honest.

That all being said tell me your ideas and if you want to contact me to talk about it you can find me most of the time on steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/spylobster/

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

spylobster

kiwifarms.net
Got any more footage of that therapist guy?
Yes plan on releasing the unreleased stuff.

Also, interviews with most chrisorical figures
I know it would be a unpopular opinion but I don't think It would be a good idea. I mean I stated in earlier threads that If I interviewed someone like julie it would be like me justifying what they did. Like as if they were on our team and chris is by himself. I wanted it to be me,chris,and the trolls all separate groups.

Unless I was actually able to interview Chris. Its like a group of African soldiers in the Congo. One side is called A and the other B, they both kill children and rape villages. If I were to interview B and have them talk about the dirty A's then it would be me siding with them. To have true balance would be to interview Chris and trolls. Neutrality.

A 4 hour epic detailing every single saga and his life from when he was born up till now.
I was planning maybe feature length movie time. I think that would be enough to really do a halfway summary while still getting in the nitty gritty details.

Last edited by a moderator:

spylobster

kiwifarms.net
I'm happy to do background music, if needed. I can't imagine why it would be, but I'm just throwing it out there.
I don't know what you are capable of if you are willing to work together and make a theme for chris that would be good. The rest can be music from other places but the general main song can be something the community makes, or you?

like I said in the last thread, I want more Bob and Barb and talk about enabling. I actually agree with a few posts up, 4 hour epic...there is so much material!! Or a 4 part series, Ken Burns style. Of course, if you don't feel you have the time for that I understand, but it would be great!
Yes, I definitely agree that should be in the sequel.

asperhes

kiwifarms.net
Well first make sure you're clear about why you want to do this. It can't just be "about" Chris. Is this project linked to your professional aspirations or just a side-project?
I would suggest not making it any longer than the standard documentary, because it'll force you to make choices and edit appropriately.
Keep showing your finished product to people who have never heard of Chris, because they're the best judges of its narrative clarity. Get their opinions.
If you're really serious about this project, you should at least make an effort to contact Chris and tell him what you're doing. In the real world, it's not fair to make a documentary about someone and not ask their opinion. He'll ignore you, but you should document your attempts. Do what a journalist should do.
If you nab an interview with Chris, Barb, Mary Lee Walsh, or Snyder, I'll seriously give you some money.

Sigyn

kiwifarms.net
I don't know what you are capable of if you are willing to work together and make a theme for chris that would be good. The rest can be music from other places but the general main song can be something the community makes, or you?
I'd love to, if thats what you need. I'm a vocalist and play guitar. Female, if that makes any difference. Here's what I sound like, you can decide if its something that would work with the whole CWC thing. I'd love if other members wrote the lyrics, though. I tend to suck at that.
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsigyn-2%2Fno-suprises-radiohead-cover

spylobster

kiwifarms.net
I'd be happy to help with the script.
Yeah I think it would be a good idea to make the script public. At least to some people.

I'd love to, if thats what you need. I'm a vocalist and play guitar. Female, if that makes any difference. Here's what I sound like, you can decide if its something that would work with the whole CWC thing. I'd love if other members wrote the lyrics, though. I tend to suck at that.
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsigyn-2%2Fno-suprises-radiohead-cover
Holy fucking shit.

Contact me.

spylobster

kiwifarms.net
Well first make sure you're clear about why you want to do this. It can't just be "about" Chris. Is this project linked to your professional aspirations or just a side-project?
I would suggest not making it any longer than the standard documentary, because it'll force you to make choices and edit appropriately.
Keep showing your finished product to people who have never heard of Chris, because they're the best judges of its narrative clarity. Get their opinions.
If you're really serious about this project, you should at least make an effort to contact Chris and tell him what you're doing. In the real world, it's not fair to make a documentary about someone and not ask their opinion. He'll ignore you, but you should document your attempts. Do what a journalist should do.
If you nab an interview with Chris, Barb, Mary Lee Walsh, or Snyder, I'll seriously give you some money.
You know I never thought about that. Chris is such a documented thing its hard to remember that he is honestly still a person, with feelings and all I think I would have a duty to at least try and contact Chris to the best of my ability.

Should I make a writing test?
There isn't auditions or anything, but if you want I will look at it.

Da Big Staw

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, i would not say this if i did not think you were capable of doing better. But I was sorta disappointed after actually watching the doc since all the people saying nice things made me think it was going to be really good/interesting.

I do feel it was nice for a HS doc, and if you put some work into it you could eventually have a decent doc, although without some new content/

I would 100% revamp the way you go through sagas, in the last doc it's rather dull just quickly going over saga after saga, many times omitting critical stuff, or focusing on only a couple aspects. IMO don't just go from one saga to the next if you do it again... intermix them and throughout. Show us the really interesting/hilarious parts and those that relate to the story of Chris.

It's not a big deal but i would not claim to tell us "just the objective facts" I often found myself thinking, gee this is really only showing this aspect of chris/saga in one light, or feeling I was being led to feel a certain way about events.

Alex Krycek

russian bot
kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to bet you could at least get an interview with Lucas or Mimms since they did one with the PVCC at one point. No idea where Snyder is these days, but I'm reasonably sure he'd also contribute. Anyone else would probably be difficult or just not a good idea.

kkeps123

kiwifarms.net
I overall really enjoyed the time and effort put into the original doc, but there's still a lot that can be expanded on in the sequel. I'm okay with the idea of listing the sagas in chronological order, but the important issue here is to provide the context. It's important for viewers unaware of Chris's exploits to understand the motivations behind all the trolls, beyond just making Chris do stupid shit. Like Kacey, for instance, who was trying her all to "break" Chris emotionally.

I'd also dedicate a specific section to the holy trinity of white knights, A-Logs, and I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME. Discuss which of his fanbase fits which of the criteria and their history of interacting with him. After all, this is isn't just about a delusional manchild lolcow. It's also about his strange, often obsessive following.

And if you're going to post clips from the animated series, definitely make sure to beforehand explain all the details. In your last doc, you never explained the concept of China or the fap cup or anything like that, so viewers may have been a bit confused by all that. Best of luck with your next endeavor!

Reactions: Holdek

spylobster

kiwifarms.net
I overall really enjoyed the time and effort put into the original doc, but there's still a lot that can be expanded on in the sequel. I'm okay with the idea of listing the sagas in chronological order, but the important issue here is to provide the context. It's important for viewers unaware of Chris's exploits to understand the motivations behind all the trolls, beyond just making Chris do stupid shit. Like Kacey, for instance, who was trying her all to "break" Chris emotionally.

I'd also dedicate a specific section to the holy trinity of white knights, A-Logs, and I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME. Discuss which of his fanbase fits which of the criteria and their history of interacting with him. After all, this is isn't just about a delusional manchild lolcow. It's also about his strange, often obsessive following.

And if you're going to post clips from the animated series, definitely make sure to beforehand explain all the details. In your last doc, you never explained the concept of China or the fap cup or anything like that, so viewers may have been a bit confused by all that. Best of luck with your next endeavor!
I put the animated series at the end because I thought most of the people would be able to identify the references after being learnded on christory. But there were some parts that were not taught yet so I was a little sad about not all references mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino