Chris from an autistic perspective

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBeam

kiwifarms.net
First off, I'm not A-Logging or trying to sympathize with Chris. So don't even fucking start.

To begin, I'm autistic. I don't exactly know if there is a scale for rating the severity of autism, aside from the high/low functioning dichotomy, but for convenience, let's just say that my autism is very "mild," and that I'm "almost normal." This wasn't a product of luck; I had parents who refused to acknowledge my autism. I was allowed to quit school at 13 due to my social and behavior issues (nothing really autistic in nature, I just fucking hated school), but I was home-schooled (and subsequently did well in college) and got my first job on my 16th birthday. My autism, at least externally (in terms of behavior), meant that I was shy, socially awkward, kept to myself mostly, and just wanted to be left the fuck alone. None of the autistic norms like video games (which I gave up at 16), anime, nor card games (nor attraction signs, shitty drawers, medallions, or sex toys). I started college at 17, and by age 20-21, due to forced socialization at college and at various retail jobs since I was 16, I had divested myself of most autistic traits. Now, I'm pretty much "normal."

I'm sorry to burden you all with my life story, but I said all this for a reason: to show that the CWC community is most likely completely right in isolating the cause of Chris' behavior and ways: environment, and lack of self-motivation to change. And, also, I can assure you that this is the case with "that autistic fuck" you have to deal with in your own life, whoever they may be.

The sad thing is that I also know for a fact that Chris could potentially do a complete 180 and have a semi-normal life, perhaps not entirely normal, but certainly above retard/manchild level; but he won't. I'm not defending Chris at all, but as an autistic person, I can tell you that it's easier to just give up. I didn't, because I wanted to function like everybody else. I had to spend my teenage years and three years of my adult life doing this, but I did it. But it's still easier, and sometimes less painful, to just give up.

As far as Chris is concerned, the only thing he wants that he can't/doesn't already have is a girlfriend. That's it. Otherwise, he's happy to play vidya, Legos, and marinate in his own filth. Even if he cleaned up his act, he likely couldn't achieve this ultimate goal. Even if he lost weight, used proper hygiene, got a job, and tried his best to behave normally (not like an autistic person), he still probably wouldn't get a girlfriend. I know this because I have a job, I'm not an obese manchild (and for what it's worth, I actually look decent), and my autism is not visible, and getting a girlfriend is 10x harder for me than it is for an average guy. That's just how it is. It really sucks, because I'm far too normal to engage in autistic pastimes, such as video games, trading cards, watching Adventure Time, and so on, but at the same time, I'm just autistic enough to not be normal.

Bottom line, "high fuctioning" autism/Aspergers can be largely overcome, but for Chris, and in fact, for most autistics, to do so is not desirable. Why? For one, an inherent part of autism is not wanting to leave one's comfort zone. In Chris's case, there's the additional factor of having zero aspirations in life besides getting a fuck-slave. He's already got free money- via the tugboat and Barb- to get whatever he wants, which is really not much (and this is the ONE THING I will commend Chris on: he doesn't have ridiculous expectations as far as material wealth and possessions go), and all his needs are met. It's entirely possible for Chris to turn around, but he won't.

And, as a side issue, I have no problem with Chris's lack of employment or living with his mom. His parents (mainly Barb) fucked his future, not him. My problem with Chris is what he does outside of his home: attraction signs harassment, disrupting church, vandalism, assault, et cetera. Many of you probably don't know that Chris is just doing normal autistic things, but taking them to another level of extremity. That's all. He's really just a super-autistic.

So, sorry for the long-windedness, but bottom line: Chris could change/he won't/Barb's fault/no incentive anyway.

DJAndyMD

kiwifarms.net
I applaud you for telling your point of view. What you said is true. I know so because I have a good friend with autism and he has a hard time getting a girlfriend but he doesn't do what Chris does to get one.

Plus, you are right that his parents are responsible for fucking up his future by not getting him on a straight path early in life.

Chris is the reason why I want to get my masters in autism studies (though I had planned to do so without knowing about Chris)so I can not only understand autistic people better, but to help them get the resources they need.

The Dude

Kill a Commie for Mommy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad you were able to overcome and adapt so you can more or less function normally. As someone who was also socially awkward and had a hard time with women, I wish you the best in your pursuit of romance and love. When I met Mrs. Dude everything just kind of clicked. That was nine years ago last month.

As far as everything else you said about Chris, I agree. Bob and Burp raised Chris to have no self respect, no work ethic, no sense of responsibility, to be as self-centered as anyone can be, and to have an enlarged sense of entitlement. They didn't just drop the ball, they pulled out a stiletto switchblade and stabbed the fucking thing, pissed on it's deflated remains, then nuked it from orbit (it's the only way to be sure). Chris fails because his parents failed. Sure they had good intentions...but the road to Hell yadda yadda yadda.

lynx

pleeeeease suscriiiibe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
where does running over people with your car fall under the autism spectrum?

The Nameless One

c-cup milking breasts with tits and all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lynx said:
where does running over people with your car fall under the autism spectrum?
I've heard that that classification is going to be added in the DSM-6.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
no, he can't change, nor does he want to.

Asperchu_Super_Fan

kiwifarms.net
Good for you for actually beating the atsimu and not just drawing a picture of yourself doing it!

461-AutismFight.jpg

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's the first draft of shecameforcwc

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
IceBeam said:
the ONE THING I will commend Chris on: he doesn't have ridiculous expectations as far as material wealth and possessions go
This is the one part of your post I may disagree with a bit. That one month's tugboat-worth of legos did not come from careful planning and a balanced checkbook, I can assure you. Chris's attitude toward money and spending is "let Barb worry about it" at best, and though he doesn't pursue material things that normal people might call lavish or high-end, his spending habits are (as we all know) quite divorced from his household's level of wealth.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
IceBeam said:
the ONE THING I will commend Chris on: he doesn't have ridiculous expectations as far as material wealth and possessions go

[youtube]HzyWEXmyqMA[/youtube]

[youtube]R4ATvhScVms[/youtube]

No, please, tell us another one, that one was so freaking :lol: !

bradsternum

Won't Call Anyone
kiwifarms.net
Asperchu_Super_Fan said:
Good for you for actually beating the atsimu and not just drawing a picture of yourself doing it!

461-AutismFight.jpg

Looks like his mom's vagina.

harvey dirdban

Nothing Positively Contributional
kiwifarms.net
Some people really do just outgrow the more disruptive symptoms of autism. It happened to me. When I was around 12 or 13, it just kinda spontaneously dawned on me that I could have friends if I stopped throwing giant tantrums over stupid little shit and obsessively talking about my weird interests all the time. I'm not completely asymptomatic and I still have sensory processing issues but I can pass for normal most of the time. I've read that this only happens with like 12% of the total autistic population, so I guess OP and I are the lucky ones and Chris, A-Log, ADF, etc. are not.

I do think having decent parents makes a huge difference though.

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is actually kinda my defense when I get asked why I'm so fascinated with Chris, he's not "just some autistic guy"
I know people on the same side if the spectrum as Chris, and, like OP they're just fine and "almost normal". And of course they're are plenty of fuck ups who aren't autistic.
Chris's problems are mostly not from autism. Autism is just a word Chris knows he can use for sympathy. He world need sone serious psych work before he could work or be a normal person in today's society, but he won't because he was raised to think he's a fucking snowflake who can't be wrong. He needs some tough love, like right now.

IceBeam

kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
IceBeam said:
This is the one part of your post I may disagree with a bit. That one month's tugboat-worth of legos did not come from careful planning and a balanced checkbook, I can assure you. Chris's attitude toward money and spending is "let Barb worry about it" at best, and though he doesn't pursue material things that normal people might call lavish or high-end, his spending habits are (as we all know) quite divorced from his household's level of wealth.

I never said he was financially responsible :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :tugboat:

What I meant is, while Chris IS a prolific waster of money, he's not like most people, certainly post people his age, in that he's not worried about cars, homes, boats, guns, golf clubs, shit like that. And certainly not clothes. He's spending money that he doesn't have (and that Barb probably doesn't have to spare), but it's all on vidya and Lego sets, not conspicuous consumerism.

Not that I'm trying to defend Chris. And you're totally right that his spending is disproportionate to what he (and probably Barb) has in wealth. Just clarifying what I meant.

tobacky_vapor

My phone typos to make me seem autistic.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IceBeam said:
Alec Benson Leary said:
IceBeam said:

I never said he was financially responsible :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :tugboat:

What I meant is, while Chris IS a prolific waster of money, he's not like most people, certainly post people his age, in that he's not worried about cars, homes, boats, guns, golf clubs, shit like that. And certainly not clothes. He's spending money that he doesn't have (and that Barb probably doesn't have to spare), but it's all on vidya and Lego sets, not conspicuous consumerism.

Not that I'm trying to defend Chris. And you're totally right that his spending is disproportionate to what he (and probably Barb) has in wealth. Just clarifying what I meant.

This is the only part where I have to disagree with you. If you remember one of his sweetheart requirements was a woman with average to high income salary, This is so he can sit on his ass and play video games all day. The reason why he's not into things like boats, cars, homes, And the more expensive things in life is because the only thing that's on his priority list (other than a sweetheart)is video games. For almost his whole life he's never cared about anything else.

Other than that you're starting topic is pretty much spot on with everything as how I view Chris.

Sakamoto

kiwifarms.net
I know Chris hurts the image of all autistic people, and although we talk shit about his autism, it's the fact that he uses it as an excuse to either try to and be "special" (handicap parking, thinking he deserved awards for being an "autistic who came out of his shell, etc) or to escape responsibility ("autism card" to get out of trouble lightly, thinks he should be allowed to vandalize things in Walmart because he's autistic and having a bad day, etc), not because we have any problems autistic people in general.

A lot of people who have autism just as bad or even worse than Chris manage to make something of their lives. They succeed where Chris fails for several reasons:
Being autistic does not mean they are stupid. Chris is really stupid.
Being autistic does not mean they are lazy. Chris is really lazy.
Autistic people can get help from their parents and schools to learn to overcome the problems autism causes. In Chris' case this was ignored/neglected.

Tubular Monkey

Very much Greatly extroverted
kiwifarms.net
Chris doesn't understand much about autism. I think he has just been told that he has a crippling disorder that he has no hope of ever doing anything about, so he should just fart around and expect to be taken care of. And he thinks that's autism. Truth be told, a low level of functioning autism probably has the capacity to help you excel in ways that neuro typicals cannot, if harnessed correctly.

Chris is just a baby raised by fuckwits.

Status
Not open for further replies.