Public Sighting Chris has arrived at Bronycon 2019 Megathread -

Will Bronycon result in an epic melt down or embarrassing anti-social outburst?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gottahavemysips

kiwifarms.net
What in particular did he say about Sonichu? Anything noteworthy?

And was it in response to people asking about it, or did he just start rambling about Sonichu by himself?
He was prompted to speak about Sonichu at the table, and was showing us the binder he brought around. I believe he talked about some of the lore, but I really am not as familiar with it as I used to be. @Jaiman might be a better source on it, since he was there as well and probably could go into more detail.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
I can't imagine eating with Chris. I'm reminded of that video of him eating the pizza where he acts like a literal toddler, bug eyed, chewing with his mouth open, food falling out and making slurping sounds. Has he learned better eating habits, or is he still a pig?

Gottahavemysips

kiwifarms.net
I can't imagine eating with Chris. I'm reminded of that video of him eating the pizza where he acts like a literal toddler, bug eyed, chewing with his mouth open, food falling out and making slurping sounds. Has he learned better eating habits, or is he still a pig?
I was trying to eat a messy burger myself so I wasn't really looking at everyone else's eating habits myself, just trying to eat my own food. I know you guys like to document every single little piece of the dude, but I was kinda just along for the ride.

One thing that did slightly concern me a bit was that on the ride back to the con center was Chris was hatching eggs on Pokemon Go on both phones on the center console while at stoplights. I knew a guy who used to do that and IMO it can lead to distracted driving. Hopefully that is not something that happens normally with Chris.

Pancake

Rainbows are nature's rainbows
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looking for cyanide pills hidden in the hoard

Also
View attachment 875489
The way he brings his stuff is impractical. It's like he's going on a summer camp for kids.
That orange horse plush he has is a "custom" from the vendor hall that cost at least $200. Two other plush I've seen pictures of him with were $30 each so he spent at least $260 on plush toys.

Sonic Rainboom

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh... interesting
They were in the west half of the convention center. I actually wandered in there the first day looking for bronycon. They had no signs up, and had a couple of security guards shooing people away and pointing them to the other side of the building. I didn't even realize there was an event was going on there, it just looked like the hall was closed.

• Informative
Reactions: awoo

Bardle-B Jones

The Great and Powerful Nazi Jester
kiwifarms.net
Chris has done that twice already, it can't happen a third time (without him being trolled, anyway... for the third time)
I assume you are referring to Sonic and Pokemon?

If so, Chris willingly shifted his focus from those fandoms, which are both still going strong.

MLP gen 4 is actually ending. This may make a huge difference, as while fan works may still be made, there is no more actual show for Chris’ beloved senpais to “analyze” (aka summarize an episode then list likes and dislikes) and they’ll scatter about looking for a new bedrock to build on. Chris’ “community” in the brony fandom will disappear on him, and he’ll need to find something to fill the hole that this will create within him.

I admit, I think the brony community is pretty neat in that a huge number of artists, cartoonists, actors, writers, and musicians can gather together over a show and create this sort of sense of community with other fans. Especially when there are so many other shows competing for views. It’s like modern day trekkies.

When the curtain finally falls on pony, Chris is going to be floating out of dock, grabbing whatever floating flimsy fan work debris to build a rickety raft to replace whatever little sense of community and belonging bronydom ever gave him.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If so, Chris willingly shifted his focus from those fandoms, which are both still going strong.
I was referring to the second half of that post where Chris joins the forum named after a homo bird again

Sonic Rainboom

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They were actually quite firm that this would be the last BronyCon. The officially stated reason was that they were worried about declining attendance. I don't really believe this because the number of people that showed up was more than they were able to comfortably accommodate.

One former Bronycon staff member said (not in front of the cameras, and not officially) that there had been some interpersonal drama between the event organizers. To me, this seems to be a far more likely explanation. However, they were very professional in how they handled it. The staff got a lot of questions on this, and all of them stayed on script. They said this is the last BronyCon, and that's it.
...and it seems there was indeed drama.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/my-little-brony-ii-the-cloppening.6186/post-5147313

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net

MLP gen 4 is actually ending. This may make a huge difference, as while fan works may still be made, there is no more actual show for Chris’ beloved senpais to “analyze” (aka summarize an episode then list likes and dislikes) and they’ll scatter about looking for a new bedrock to build on. Chris’ “community” in the brony fandom will disappear on him, and he’ll need to find something to fill the hole that this will create within him.

I admit, I think the brony community is pretty neat in that a huge number of artists, cartoonists, actors, writers, and musicians can gather together over a show and create this sort of sense of community with other fans. Especially when there are so many other shows competing for views. It’s like modern day trekkies.

When the curtain finally falls on pony, Chris is going to be floating out of dock, grabbing whatever floating flimsy fan work debris to build a rickety raft to replace whatever little sense of community and belonging bronydom ever gave him.
That is until the g5 show comes along, while the brony community is far from shrinking, less active sure but mostly cause it's members barring the Chris' of it have real live outside watching a girl's show. And fim was and still is a raitings hit the only reason it's ending is because the people behind it know it isn't good for the same show to go on and on forever, with everything getting rebooted these days just give them a year or two after the final episode and Hasbro will have a new line at toyfair or comic Con then along will come toon brew or other cartoon news outlet leaking the new show.

Bardle-B Jones

The Great and Powerful Nazi Jester
kiwifarms.net
That is until the g5 show comes along, while the brony community is far from shrinking, less active sure but mostly cause it's members barring the Chris' of it have real live outside watching a girl's show. And fim was and still is a raitings hit the only reason it's ending is because the people behind it know it isn't good for the same show to go on and on forever, with everything getting rebooted these days just give them a year or two after the final episode and Hasbro will have a new line at toyfair or comic Con then along will come toon brew or other cartoon news outlet leaking the new show.
G5 may have a following that is grandfathered in by G4, but I doubt it’ll have the huge success its predecessor had. That’d be like catching lightning in a bottle twice, especially with how much the world of animated series has grown since 2009.

Chris will be first to snatch up the new stuff, regardless of what screeching he does when FIM ends despite princess sunbutt saying otherwise. Unless some other show/community catches his attention in the intermittent lull.

Whatever may come though, I’m crossing my fingers and praying to godbear for a delusion-laced tard rant when the show ends in spite of his claims otherwise.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino