• "They gave me a dose for schizophrenia, but I'm not schizo."

Containment Chris in the MediaMentions of Chris in different medias

Discussion in 'Christian Weston Chandler' started by ChurchOfGodBear, Feb 28, 2014.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Chris. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. Chris is gross. Discussing his incontinence in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Don't roleplay in your posts. Don't write pretend dialog between people, such as Chris and his mother. Avoid writing monologues, they're also dumb.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Facebook post about Sonichu" is better than "new update".
  • Chris doesn't read your posts. Stop trying to directly, or indirectly, chastise Chris through your posts. He does not care about what you have to say, and these rants are boring.
  • Don't post random articles. Unless the subject matter is directly related to Chris and his history, please do not post articles with a loose affiliation.
  1. Why would he make a video today?

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I expected him to make more to keep shilling the shirt. Maybe he's decided that nothing could possibly go wrong now that he's reached his buy now price and doesn't need to promote it any more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  3. If you're betting on Kotaku actually doing any 'investigating' I think you're overly pessimistic or optimistic, depending on your viewpoint. They didn't 'investigate' far enough when they were writing their fluff piece to even know CWC wants to be a womyn now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  4. He's really only interesting to people like us.

That reporter lady that wanted to do an exposé on Chris was actually more interested in the people who follow Chris, like Marvin, when he was at the GameStop trials. She could find all the info she could ever need for an article on our CWCki but thought trolls were more interesting.

I guess because his life is a dark comedy turned tragedy. People like fluff pieces instead. The video of a squirrel that water skis will get more hits than about the greasy autistic man.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Because these bleeding hearts never pay anything but lipservice

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 3
    xenomorph

xenomorph I need to wake up Leanna to make me dinner.

kiwifarms.net
  6. Chris has got some mainstream mockery on Opie and Anthony. I'm pretty sure that the true story could get some mainstream interest if it was done well, focusing on Chris's most absurd moments and ignoring the boring content Chris releases most of the time.

"Autism Speaks (And It Isn't Pretty)" would be the title I'd choose.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Pointless Pedant

Pointless Pedant Fuck this guy for using a Kyo avatar.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. That was just the act, right? From what I've read about Kacey (and seen), she's pretty much an A-log. That's why she keeps coming back with new identities to troll (She was also Jackie, I believe), because she has nothing else to do.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Autistic-No-Yari

Autistic-No-Yari The Spear of Legend

kiwifarms.net
  8. Yeah but they're kind of a niche show in general. Their fans are creeps in the same way that people who follow cwc are, not that there is anything wrong with that. Their fans have been exposing weirdo's and creeps since around 2002 when they got that little bit of mainstream fame on American radio.

Coleman Francis

Coleman Francis I'm... gonna... keep... doing my thang.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Jackie was like two different people, neither of them Kacey. I hear lots of rumors about her but I take all of it with a good sized grain of salt.

On topic, I doubt this new media attention will go that far. None of the outlets covering Chris are well-known outside faggots on the internet. Not even Brianna Wu could force herself into relevancy through click bait and she put in way more effort than Chris.

• Agree Agree x 9
    Replicant Sasquatch

Replicant Sasquatch Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?

kiwifarms.net
  10. She sounded the same to me, but you'd know better than me. And yes, that's good advice.

Autistic-No-Yari

Autistic-No-Yari The Spear of Legend

kiwifarms.net
  11. A niche show that featured appearances from George Carlin, Louis CK, Penn Jilette, and Ricky Gervais, among others. They were a lot more mainstream than Kotaku or Heat Street, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Still a niche show, but yes, much, much, much, much, much more popular than either of those two publications. They were actually more famous than Louis CK when he would appear on their show. They kind of made Louis who he is today by letting him appear on their platform to plug his shows and showcase his sense of humor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #352 Coleman Francis, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Coleman Francis

Coleman Francis I'm... gonna... keep... doing my thang.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Do...do you have another definition of luck?

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. It is really really hard to write a Kick the Autistic piece on Chris for mainstream consumption that doesn't immediately make you look like a total shitter. A purely fact-based story would, at best, come off as somewhat creepy in the level of detail necessary to paint an accurate picture of CWC that won't get written off simply as "weird people fucking with weird people for laughs".

It is infinitely easy to write a piece that's "big mean internet bullies picking on an autistic guy who dindu nuffin but like sonic and pokemon". The key to understanding the media is that emotionally, stories appeal more than reality. Stories let us make sense of reality. Reality is cold, harsh, cruel and often inexplicable. Stories are so comfy, parents read them to kids.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    enterthematrix

enterthematrix I got nothing.

kiwifarms.net
  15. I wouldn't say so. People aren't usually that sympathetic to gross, creepy manchildren who behave obnoxiously to everyone around them, even if they are autistic or otherwise exceptional. Trolls like the guy who went through the Chandlers' trash come over as pretty pathetic as well, but I don't think an honest portrayal of Chris would seem like a tale of persecution.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. A balanced, mainstream, portrayal of Chris isn't going to make him look all that bad, though. He's not defrauding the government. He's not spending "mah tax dollars" on meth, crack, or even alcohol. He's not constantly hitting charities up to pay his bills. He's childish and irresponsible, but so are a lot of people who aren't speds.

Most mainstream readers will have encountered people with fewer mitigating factors who are far "worse" than Chris. The hoarding, his "trans" status and his internet notoriety are the only things likely to stand out to a lot of readers because his story just isn't that unusual without those.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  17. To be fair, a video piece on Chris would just have to include "Niggos", the blackface, "stay straight", and the Jew Snyder incident, sprinkled with his run ins with the law, and infamous Game Stop macing incident.

Not to mention his parents denying him help, fleeing the county, hoarding, and being the black sheep of all the families involved.

It would be really, really easy to make Chris look very bad.

• Agree Agree x 9
    #357 Tennis-Ball-Tony, Apr 21, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  18. I'd say the Michael Snyder and Gamestop mace incidents make him look pretty bad, as does shecameforcwc.jpg.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. These just make the family look like white trash in a world which is full of white trash. Barb and Bob actively denying Chris help is more likely to elicit an "if only he'd gotten early intervention..." response than anything else. The hoard is also primarily Barb's and there'd be sympathy for Chris being forced to dwell in it for decades.

Any honest, balanced, piece is going to end up with Chris looking like a sub-normal person who never had a chance given the family into which he was born. You could write a hit piece on him which makes him look extremely bad, but not without intentionally skewing the facts in that direction.

Sure, but we're talking about a balanced, mainstream piece and not a clickbait hit piece which just focuses on the shitty things Chris has done without giving a broader context.

Someone will write their thesis on Chris one day and it will make for interesting reading.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #359 repentance, Apr 21, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  20. The fact remains that Chris sucks with money and no one should ever give him any. I mean, it wouldn't be biased if you just pointed out the different aspects of the Financhu Crisis. Asking for donations while claiming to be in need and then them turning around and blowing that money on not-bills wouldn't reflect well on Chris.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Payment processor has dropped. We will be moving to a different payment collection system next month. Stay tuned.
Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.