Chris Pratt asks followers to pray for Kevin Smith - Euphoria ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AJ 447

kiwifarms.net
The actor Chris Pratt has a bit of a history of generating stupid controversies, and today he really delivered. Kevin Smith tweeted earlier today that he had a massive heart attack (thread here), and Pratt responded with this tweet:
upload_2018-2-26_13-19-8.png

Pretty innocuous, right?

WRONG.

Fedoras immediately began being tipped in Pratt's replies.
upload_2018-2-26_13-21-2.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-24-24.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-24-51.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-25-52.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-26-34.png

Even the Richard Dawkins Foundation got in on the action (and then deleted their tweet like a bunch of pussies).

James Gunn, the director of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, ended up responding to all the salt to defend Pratt.
upload_2018-2-26_13-35-48.png

Pratt, for his part, responded to all this by basically giving a subtle fuck off and putting out another tweet along the sames lines.
upload_2018-2-26_13-38-16.png

Which of course led to even more saltiness!
upload_2018-2-26_13-39-11.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-39-52.png

upload_2018-2-26_13-40-41.png

You wanna know what I'm praying for? This stupid fucking nontroversy to continue. :story:

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This feels like leftover outrage over the "hopes and prayers" remarks that politicians flooded twitter with after the recent school shooting. People were getting upset because the politicians could actually influence things but were only tweeting well wishes. None of that outrage fits this situation though so it's dumb.

I think the only way to fix this is to have Chris Pratt perform open heart surgery on Kevin Smith.

Chiang Kai-shek

His Excellency Generalissimo
kiwifarms.net
What is it with euphorics and shouting down anyone who says "God bless?" These people like to claim that christians only pray and never do anything, while they themselves do and accomplish nothing.

More salt:
This MissMolecule character proves that not only neckbeards feel euphoric
http://archive.fo/Rlpbc
(I know she's in the OP but she just can't shut up about religion)

Someone subtly calls Kevin Smith fat

m0rnutz

Not a furry
kiwifarms.net
Dear euphorics, I have a concept for you:

Perhaps the religious don't all believe prayer resolves problems, but that prayer potentially opens doorways to circumstances in which problems may be solved.

Who the fuck am I kidding, half of these people are nerds that went to church and then started watching Rick and Morty unironically.

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net
What is it with euphorics and shouting down anyone who says "God bless?" These people like to claim that christians only pray and never do anything, while they themselves do and accomplish nothing.

I know of a lot of Christian charities, I know a lot of Jewish charities, heck, I've even heard of Muslim and Buddhist charities.

I don't know of any atheist charities, do you?

scared sheep

fluffy sheep
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But... what if... God blessed us with people to become doctors...? What if... religion and medicine weren't... exclusionary?

Also a lot of hospitals were started by churches. :powerlevel:In fact, one of the biggest hospital chains in my area was founded by catholic nuns.:powerlevel: And the father of genetics was a monk.

It's a silly point to make, tbh, because most Christians don't discredit the importance of doctors. Heck, the Muslims and Jews I've met don't either. Nor do the Pagans I know. And if someone wants to show they care, why not?

AtrocityVoyeur

Menschliches, Allzumenschliches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But... what if... God blessed us with people to become doctors...? What if... religion and medicine weren't... exclusionary?

Couldn't agree more. The vast majority of these neckbeards and legbeards fetishize science and medicine but have no connection to what occurs in a hospital. They have no idea there are a significant amount of nurses and doctors who reconcile their religions with medical practice. But this matters not to the "smart guys" and gals who have to signal their intelligence given any opportunity.

UnclePhil

Concern dismissals all around.
kiwifarms.net
If Chris Pratt wants to pray, let him pray. He is not a heart surgeon, nor can he visit Kevin Smith's bedside with magic healing powers. Prayers and well-wishes are all he has to give, and he seems to be genuinely concerned here, not throwing out empty sympathizing for asspats.

And yeah, these are the same fedoras who have oozed out of the mass shooting salt mines. "HA HA ROFLMAO @ UR 'GAWD'" blastbacks have become the new trend amongst edgelords, making Twitter even more of a shithole than it already was. The good news is the fedora bloodhounds come off as such repellent, arrogant know-it-alls that no one outside this self-fellating United First Church of Atheism will see the appeal in joining. The numbers will stay as small as they should be until these kids grow out of their teen years. They will then lament over the Internet forever preserving their exceptionalism.

Chris Pratt has always been an open Christian, why all of a sudden is it a problem now?

Because SJWs/fedoras are on The Right Side Of History in The Current Year. Anyone who in any way expresses faith or spirituality is carrying out a personal attack because they are the Enemy. Twatter made it easy to post any pellet of a thought without processing it first. But when the edgelords grow up it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt a lot.

Last edited:

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Couldn't agree more. The vast majority of these neckbeards and legbeards fetishize science and medicine but have no connection to what occurs in a hospital. They have no idea there are a significant amount of nurses and doctors who reconcile their religions with medical practice. But this matters not to the "smart guys" and gals who have to signal their intelligence given any opportunity.
Well, except Jehovah’s Witnesses. They can fuck off. At least that’s the impression I’ve gotten when someone really needs a transfusion.

Last edited:

UnclePhil

Concern dismissals all around.
kiwifarms.net
These people are so confident in their superior intellect that Kevin is safely in the hands of science and therefore doesn't need your fucking prayers. They forget about complications and malpractice being things that can happen during hospital stays. Dana Carvey, for example, is in poor health these days because his doctors operated on the wrong coronary artery.

I'm not going to argue how effective or ineffective prayer may be, except for the possibility that, assuming a supernatural presence is real, it could have a hand in preventing fatal accidents or negligence under the knife.

This MissMolecule character proves that not only neckbeards feel euphoric
http://archive.fo/Rlpbc
(I know she's in the OP but she just can't shut up about religion)

Out of curiosity I took a peek at MissMolecular's Twitter. No surprise that her entire account is a tribute to the smell of her own farts.

Status
Not open for further replies.