Prison Letters Chris writes letter answering fan's questions (dated Oct 25 2021)

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Sharkbait

I am the terror of the deep and I like candy.
kiwifarms.net
That's the jist of the idea take a look at this for some real examples - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_dark_age

Take the example of Chris, and then think of what would happen if there was another Carrington event, it wouldnt just be the relatively minor Christory lost it would be a lot of human knowledge that's lost and nobody really seems to understand just how fucked we would be if that happens to all human knowledge or atleast modern human technical knowledge we are pumping more and more information out in digital only forms and it only takes one event for it to be lost for ever.
Maybe we should ask Null to carve the entirety of Christory into stone tablets and store them in a nuke bunker.

Personally, I like to write stuff down but paper is every bit as perishable as HDDs. Also, my handwriting is really, really bad.

Chazzed Up

OJAMA
kiwifarms.net
barb has not cooked anything in the past two decades

ever since bob and chris refused to eat her spaghetti dinner she vowed never to cook again
I wonder if Barb's spaghetti was actually that bad, or they just didn't want to eat it because like many uneducated poor people, they just would prefer to each dopamine-enriched McDonald's crap over real food. I don't know about Bob but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Chris. I mean, it's kind of hard to fuck up spaghetti that spectacularly, at least when I am assuming she just boiled noodles and used canned sauce.

Sharkbait

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Barb's spaghetti was actually that bad, or they just didn't want to eat it because like many uneducated poor people, they just would prefer to each dopamine-enriched McDonald's crap over real food. I don't know about Bob but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Chris. I mean, it's kind of hard to fuck up spaghetti that spectacularly, at least when I am assuming she just boiled noodles and used canned sauce.
Fast food is enriched with fat and sugar. The human brain loves that stuff - sugar has a similar effect on the brain as cocaine if I recall correctly - so when you're used, or rather addicted to sugary stuff, a proper homecooked meal just lacks that dopamine rush.

Yksi_Toveri

kiwifarms.net
While a 21st Century Carrington Event would be bad... like, really bad, any storage media unplugged and sitting in a typical American basement would likely survive. Most storage devices are shielded against -36 dBi by there physical construct alone and hardened to -72 dBi simply by the nature of silica in their chipsets. A basement would take this to -98 dBi by earthen shielding alone and Wikipedia is only a few terabytes as a .txt so most of the important parts could be rescued on a thumb drive.

Granted, Chris would not be recorded, but the knowledge of a Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor would not be lost, if people looked in the correct basements of 4chan users.

Phalanges Mycologist

kiwifarms.net
Maybe we should ask Null to carve the entirety of Christory into stone tablets and store them in a nuke bunker.

Personally, I like to write stuff down but paper is every bit as perishable as HDDs. Also, my handwriting is really, really bad.

Oh god I've got a mental image of @Null coming down from the mountain now with stone tablets in his hands 10 commandments style with the cwcwiki carved on them.

But Your right paper is as perishable as a HDD but it's more portable, doesn't require power, doesnt rely on a complex system to get that information from A to B and you dont have to have a computer with the right hardware and software to read that data, I've kept the HDD over every computer I've owned since I was a kid and I copy the information I need in multiple places but let me ask you this you have a Drive with some old family photos on you want to get access to, was the drive encrypted? No OK cool, do you have a way to read the drive? It's IDE and your current computer doesnt have a IDE connection etc, if you had hard copys of those pictures you can just copy them etc.

I think one of the problems we have evolved is we generate a lot of data but every little of it is of real use, it has a use but not one we as humans really need or need to interact with or understand on a regular basis, if we could trim the fat so to speak we would find ways of making data archives much more manageable and robust.

Sharkbait

kiwifarms.net
I think one of the problems we have evolved is we generate a lot of data but every little of it is of real use, it has a use but not one we as humans really need or need to interact with or understand on a regular basis, if we could trim the fat so to speak we would find ways of making data archives much more manageable and robust.
True dat. I wonder what future archeologists will think about My Little Pony. Will they think there was some sort of horse cult like with the Mongolians? Will they think of Chris as our Genghis Khan?

Kirby

#freechris
kiwifarms.net
i think it was in the jackie emails that chris said that the spaghetti was rejected simply because they weren't hungry at the time. it had nothing to do with barbs cooking but she took deep offense to this and cited this as the reason she did not cook anymore.

the end result of this was her husband and son only eating fast food with one of them already dying of heart disease and the other one presumably at the time soon to follow

Phalanges Mycologist

kiwifarms.net
True dat. I wonder what future archeologists will think about My Little Pony. Will they think there was some sort of horse cult like with the Mongolians? Will they think of Chris as our Genghis Khan?

God that's a horrifying thought, in some far off future someone assuming we where all part of a cult that worshipped pink ponies.

Then again there was the ancient dildo problem, where one thing that was found time and again throughout human history was long dick shaped objects but early scholars didn't want to admit this so called them Totemic Symbols or Holding totems that you had to hold when talking to the tribe etc rather than the obvious explanation of having large dick shaped objects floating around.

A Traveler

/ 16 / 16 / 16 / 16 / 16 /
kiwifarms.net
Just like books of the ancient world that have been lost to time, but preserved as sourced quotes in other's books that had survived, people thousands of years from now might find ancient websites, hard drive files, or blockchain files of Chris-Chan shit and they will be discussing his and its significance to the people of the early 21st century. It won't be some grand comedic thing like he was a great religious or political figure or something, no it will be like an obscure oddity of history that only university students or hobbyists know about like the Borborites or the letters from the Kingdom of Ugarit during the Sea People's invasions.

They will talk about what he thought of the events of his day, what silly notions he believed in and what his story was. They will consider us fortunate to have the privilege of watching and reading about the Sing Star challenge in its entirety (As only the initial challenge video and Round 4 survived) and there will be papers written discussing who actually was the real Chris, was Kacey originally Solid Chris' girlfriend that Liquid stole instead? Did Chris really fight Clyde Cash? What are the connections between Vanessa Hudgens and Chris-Chan?

It sounds autistic but it's possible, read enough coveted letters from the ancient world and up through the ages and you get letters that sound like they come from 4chan.
Truth be told I do agree with this. We are all rather lucky to live during this time, and see this grand autist in action.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They had already eaten. Barb was just being a crazy, lazy cunt and used it as an excuse never to cook again.

TheMorawOne

Shit with dick, pee with ass
kiwifarms.net
Will they think of Chris as our Genghis Khan?
They will assume that Chris was just an average human, whose exstensive documentation survived out of billion others. They will assume most of us lived like CWC, behaved and thought like CWC. I can see the disgust on their faces, 2000 years in the future.

Ophelia

You wanna get nuts? C’mon, let’s get nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I must have missed that episode.
August 11, “That’s a Moray”, about three minutes in. They might talk about him again later in the episode.

barb has not cooked anything in the past two decades

ever since bob and chris refused to eat her spaghetti dinner she vowed never to cook again
Provided Chris is being entirely truthful.

But really, Chris is a grown man and can cook his own food.

Chazzed Up

OJAMA
kiwifarms.net
They had already eaten. Barb was just being a crazy, lazy cunt and used it as an excuse never to cook again.
Kind of a sketchy story, why would they have already eaten and Barb didn't know about it? Unless Bob and Chris went out to dinner together or something and Barb didn't know. Just seems weird, when I was growing up everyone in the house knew when dinner was being prepared or would notify in advance if they were going out to eat or wouldn't be home. I'm probably expecting the Chandlers to have been way too functional though.