Interests ChrisChan Interview Part 4+5(3/28/16) -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Could you elaborate, I dont know anything about YUgioh.

He lacks strategy, knowledge or speed? why is he bad?
I'll do my best to explain it simply as possible. First I used to play this game way, way back in yonder days. I was pretty good at it since it's really just math and reading effects and shit...it wasn't too complicated when it first came out. The game on ps4, however, covers the entire series so far and uses new shit so complicated I'm not even going to pretend I want to learn how to do it; I built an old retro deck and went with that instead. Chris was using a pre-built deck by the looks of it; it uses some weird ass summoning system where you can pretty much just keep summoning and fusing monsters over and over. Chris was doing it just to do it. No strategy, no planning, just randomly doing shit because the game prompted him to do so. Out of the found rounds we played I trounced him the first two easily...I had to dial back and let him win once I heard the stress sighing. The third round was pretty much given to him but the fourth round he actually seemed to finally have it down on how to use his cards.

This is mentioned in the fourth call but I can share it here without Chris feeling 'betrayed' but I actually bought Chris the game because I set up a wager with him. We're going to play a 2 out of 3 match; if I win Chris is supposed to draw new sonichu pages and if he wins I get him a new PS4 game. He was bragging about how he still has his old cards including Dark Magician Girl. I assume before out big match he's going to build his own deck and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Could you elaborate, I dont know anything about YUgioh.

He lacks strategy, knowledge or speed? why is he bad?
He's bad because he just sat there and got annihilated. I don't even know how to play yu go oh
Only sat through the first game, but from what I can tell:
- Chis will summon the strongest monster he possibly can the second the opportunity shows up, regardless of whether or not it actually is the best option. Case in point: he immediately burns two normal monsters in a fusion to summon a Labrynth Tank, which has an attack of 2400 and just barely outdoes the Mechanicalchaser's 2350 (1850 base + 500 atk from the Black gem necklace thing). At face value this seems a reasonable move, except as evidenced immediately after, Chris has no monster cards other than the two he expends for ONE stronger monster card. He has no exit strategy should the L. Tank fail to destroy the only monster on the opposing side (which is exactly what happens - the trap card pretty much is Chris having to punch himself in the face - but is by no means the only possible way a trap card could negate the attack). Naturally, his opponent slaps another boost atk card, this time +700 so the Mechanicalchaser has 3050 atk (this is more than the base value of a Blue Eyes White Dragon effectively) and destroys the L. Tank while also inflicting more life point damage to Chris.
- Chris now has two cards - neither of which are monsters to even buy time as meat shields against the obscenely powerful single monster on the other side of the board - and no way to stop the opponent from attacking by other means. The better move would have been to use that card re-shuffle thing before doing the idiotic summon instead of after losing more cards from his hand like a dipshit - 5 cards reshuffled and redrawn would give him more options to defend or at least buy time instead of 2.

Okay, assuming Chris just had shit luck, I sat through another game...'s first two or three turns.
- At this point I notice Chris has 15 cards sitting outside of his deck - in other words, 30% of his entire deck is in fact dedicated to fusion summons and are unplayable without burning a fusion card and the component monsters. This is beyond idiotic, and I say this as somebody who hasn't played Yugioh in years!

Additionally, what cards in his deck I did see are all built around getting a fusion monster out as fast as possible - a trap card that returns a "killed" monster to the field (where it could potentially be used for a fusion), some effect monsters that can replace certain monsters for a fusion combination, and a spell card that essentially shuffled his hand and deck to try and draw out a fusion card and a usable combination of monster cards.

Some bad luck was involved - both games had the opponent start off with a rather powerful normal summon monster (4 star rank cards with atk ratings of 1850 and 1900 are rivaled by few and extremely difficult to counter as opening plays without a 2000 def. monster or a means of destroying the attacker I.E. Man-Eating Bug), but any capable player would have built in contingencies for such events. Recalling the Simms and (I forgot the other guy's name) interviews about Chris' GamePlace Yugioh career, this flawed "fusion" deck fits both with how they described Chris' decks having "themes" and how he relatively did poorly against children half his age simply because he couldn't structure decks as competently (which amounts to having basic cards like "Rageki" which insta-destroys all enemy monsters, monster reborn which is self-explainatory, or even Man-Eating Bug which can easily ursurp board control if a powerful monster is lured into attacking it while face-down).

I haven't played Yugioh since middle school - still have the cards because the card art is awesome but I don't buy or trade them anymore - but despite being like, a decade out of touch with where that crap is now, I can easily tell Chris doesn't understand the basics of covering your goddamn ass in a children's card game!

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played Yugioh since middle school - still have the cards because the card art is awesome but I don't buy or trade them anymore - but despite being like, a decade out of touch with where that crap is now, I can easily tell Chris doesn't understand the basics of covering your goddamn ass in a children's card game!
Damn.

Gazelle_Bro

LETS CLEAR THIS WITH NO CONTINUES
kiwifarms.net
Only sat through the first game, but from what I can tell:
- Chis will summon the strongest monster he possibly can the second the opportunity shows up, regardless of whether or not it actually is the best option. Case in point: he immediately burns two normal monsters in a fusion to summon a Labrynth Tank, which has an attack of 2400 and just barely outdoes the Mechanicalchaser's 2350 (1850 base + 500 atk from the Black gem necklace thing). At face value this seems a reasonable move, except as evidenced immediately after, Chris has no monster cards other than the two he expends for ONE stronger monster card. He has no exit strategy should the L. Tank fail to destroy the only monster on the opposing side (which is exactly what happens - the trap card pretty much is Chris having to punch himself in the face - but is by no means the only possible way a trap card could negate the attack). Naturally, his opponent slaps another boost atk card, this time +700 so the Mechanicalchaser has 3050 atk (this is more than the base value of a Blue Eyes White Dragon effectively) and destroys the L. Tank while also inflicting more life point damage to Chris.
- Chris now has two cards - neither of which are monsters to even buy time as meat shields against the obscenely powerful single monster on the other side of the board - and no way to stop the opponent from attacking by other means. The better move would have been to use that card re-shuffle thing before doing the idiotic summon instead of after losing more cards from his hand like a dipshit - 5 cards reshuffled and redrawn would give him more options to defend or at least buy time instead of 2.

Okay, assuming Chris just had shit luck, I sat through another game...'s first two or three turns.
- At this point I notice Chris has 15 cards sitting outside of his deck - in other words, 30% of his entire deck is in fact dedicated to fusion summons and are unplayable without burning a fusion card and the component monsters. This is beyond idiotic, and I say this as somebody who hasn't played Yugioh in years!

Additionally, what cards in his deck I did see are all built around getting a fusion monster out as fast as possible - a trap card that returns a "killed" monster to the field (where it could potentially be used for a fusion), some effect monsters that can replace certain monsters for a fusion combination, and a spell card that essentially shuffled his hand and deck to try and draw out a fusion card and a usable combination of monster cards.

Some bad luck was involved - both games had the opponent start off with a rather powerful normal summon monster (4 star rank cards with atk ratings of 1850 and 1900 are rivaled by few and extremely difficult to counter as opening plays without a 2000 def. monster or a means of destroying the attacker I.E. Man-Eating Bug), but any capable player would have built in contingencies for such events. Recalling the Simms and (I forgot the other guy's name) interviews about Chris' GamePlace Yugioh career, this flawed "fusion" deck fits both with how they described Chris' decks having "themes" and how he relatively did poorly against children half his age simply because he couldn't structure decks as competently (which amounts to having basic cards like "Rageki" which insta-destroys all enemy monsters, monster reborn which is self-explainatory, or even Man-Eating Bug which can easily ursurp board control if a powerful monster is lured into attacking it while face-down).

As a twat who plays Yugioh a lot, I can say Chris is shit. In his actual deck, which I assume he built, Chris easily gets trampled on because he doesn't know how to play the game. The only way Chris was able to win the last two rounds was because he was using Constellars, a premade deck that's based around swarming the field with XYZ monsters. Our protagonist, the streamer, at least built his own deck as opposed to Chris who immediately switches out for a premade deck that even a monkey could win with.

Asandy31

Even Stingers Can Be Feminine
kiwifarms.net
So not only is Chris horrible at reality, he's also bad at the video games that he's obsessed with? Jeez
Me neither (but then, I was already an adult when these things came out). Just never was into cards/RPG's at all.
I was probably an adult too, I had no idea what RPG meant up until a few years ago, I thought it had something to do with cars.

Reactions: Marvin

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
So not only is Chris horrible at reality, he's also bad at the video games that he's obsessed with? Jeez

I was probably an adult too, I had no idea what RPG meant up until a few years ago, I thought it had something to do with cars.
All I could think of is D&D since my older brother was into that in the early 80's, or hearing of a comic shop that also had those types of games I wasn't interested in past the comics. Those types of games do require a lot of thought, planning and execution to make them work. Why I never got into stuff like Warhammer 40K or Magic the Gathering.

Reactions: CisCat

jc17

kiwifarms.net
duel chris.png
All his claims to fame and he'll never know people only let him think that out of pity.

Gotta say, though. It's pretty sad one has to make a bet with Chris where his punishment is
Doing the work he was paid 1,000 dollars up front to do
I can just see him thinking, "Hmmm... If I win, I get a free videa game AND I have an excuse not to work on the comic, too! What a sucker!"

So, will you throw him a bone and just "barely" win, or are you going to rip this slacker a new one?

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
Doing the work he was paid 1,000 dollars up front to do
While I'm a supporter of not touching the poo when it comes to Chris, if MasterDisaster is still stringing Chris along, I'd really like to hear Chris pressed about how exactly he's going to fulfill his previous business deal in case he's going to engage in new business deals with the character MasterDisaster is playing.

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, will you throw him a bone and just "barely" win, or are you going to rip this slacker a new one?
I'm going to show Chris the heart of the cards.

As for Chris fulfilling his end of the bargain I highly doubt he'll do so. Chris was actually offering to counter my offer by buying me a game if I won but I turned it down; I'm not trying to hussle Chris at all, I just want him to produce more content hence trying to coerce him into doing his own Let's Play channel.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Additionally, what cards in his deck I did see are all built around getting a fusion monster out as fast as possible
I've never touched yugioh, but I used to play magic. This sounds like the "strategy" my friends and I had when we were 8: gold cards (multicolored) were super cool just because! Never mind that that gold creature is useless and I lose every match, I just gotta get it out because look how cool it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino