Careercow Chuck Wendig / Charles Wendig / TerribleMinds - Terrible author, terrible person, ruined Internet Archive's online library

Admiral Mantoid

The Senate Society
True & Honest Fan
Chuck's thoughts on the election.
1604462560018.png

And he says this...
1604462607354.png

Yet he can't stop tweeting... Is he ever off Twitter anymore?

RomanesEuntDomus

Nächstes mal ohne Italien
True & Honest Fan
Chuck's thoughts on the election.
View attachment 1705837

And he says this...
View attachment 1705841
Yet he can't stop tweeting... Is he ever off Twitter anymore?
Well he is a writer, so might as well spend his entire day typing.
It's just... dude makes me think of the "million monkey with a million typewriters" thing. Out of sheer chance, one of the monkeys would hit the exact combination of keys and accidentally end up quoting Shakespeare. I think the chances of that monkey-shakespeare thing happening are unfathomably larger than Chunky Chuck actually writing anything remotely smart, witty or clever and worded in a way that doesn't make you wanna gouge out your eyes and go "Event Horizon".

Flexo

The greatest robot lover of all time
True & Honest Fan
Well he is a writer, so might as well spend his entire day typing.
It's just... dude makes me think of the "million monkey with a million typewriters" thing. Out of sheer chance, one of the monkeys would hit the exact combination of keys and accidentally end up quoting Shakespeare. I think the chances of that monkey-shakespeare thing happening are unfathomably larger than Chunky Chuck actually writing anything remotely smart, witty or clever and worded in a way that doesn't make you wanna gouge out your eyes and go "Event Horizon".
I could believe a million monkeys typed out wendig's stuff.

Heck I'd believe it was two dozen monkeys with alcohol.

I mean its really bad, but not "Wendigprose" bad. It reads like a trashy Fabio-cover romance novel and not like an Adderall-addled preteen textwalling about herky-jerky space ships.

AnitaSarsleezian

Tetris is misogynist
Kinda related to Wendig -
If anyone here is into sci fi writers and star wars, then you definitely know Alan Dean Foster. Guy's been around forever and written tons of sci fi novelizations and books.
Apparently since Disney bought Lucasfilm and 20th century fox, they just decided to keep publishing his books and stop paying him royalties. They ignore his lawyers, his reps, even the Sci fi writers of America guild. They told him he needs to sign an NDA before they'll even talk to him. The situation is so bad that the SciFi Writers of America has taken to publicly shaming Disney to get some kind of response.

Here's the page:

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that if they're treating Alan Dean Foster like this, I'd be shocked to find out that they even paid Wendig for his shitty books. And no matter what characters of his end up in what series, he ain't getting paid jack shit for it.

Kinda related to Wendig -
If anyone here is into sci fi writers and star wars, then you definitely know Alan Dean Foster. Guy's been around forever and written tons of sci fi novelizations and books.
Apparently since Disney bought Lucasfilm and 20th century fox, they just decided to keep publishing his books and stop paying him royalties. They ignore his lawyers, his reps, even the Sci fi writers of America guild. They told him he needs to sign an NDA before they'll even talk to him. The situation is so bad that the SciFi Writers of America has taken to publicly shaming Disney to get some kind of response.

Here's the page:

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that if they're treating Alan Dean Foster like this, I'd be shocked to find out that they even paid Wendig for his shitty books. And no matter what characters of his end up in what series, he ain't getting paid jack shit for it.
Shouldn't there be any courts that attack that sort of thing? I mean, this is such a blatant disrespect for the rule of law, Disney needs to get smacked down for it.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
Disney would never kneel for anyone or anything that makes them look bad. Look at Song of the South in that they put it in the vault forever. Bob Iger is a hack. While the author is definitely correct and Disney should pay, they won't. They're so big what with the monopolies and being best buds with Pooh Xinping that right now they are invincible.

Karl der Grosse

Currently being sued by a cousin-fucker.
True & Honest Fan

Don't worry about that, I'm sure if Chuck's ever hurting for money he can just shit out another half-dozen or so books about how to write. That's where the market is, all of those aspiring authors out there that desperately want Chuck Wendig to teach them how to write like him.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
Don't worry about that, I'm sure if Chuck's ever hurting for money he can just shit out another half-dozen or so books about how to write. That's where the market is, all of those aspiring authors out there that desperately want Chuck Wendig to teach them how to write like him.
His books are a bit like a Diablo2 Set-Item. You gotta collect all his books, suck up to him real good and then he might introduce you to the kinds of people that will pay you a few bucks to write stuff.
You don't have to read any of his works and you don't have to be able to string together two consecutive sentences without making any bibliophile vomit, you just need to pledge allegiance and show off your loyalty to the cause.

"Now, some cumudg curmugd meanies and trolls will tell you that writing is a business and you should get paid for it. These people are wrong wrong terribad wrong, writing is about sharing the scienc-y wonders of your imagination not with just the organ lump in your head, but with the whooole world. And how are you going to do that if no one reads your books? Writing for Disney for exposure is really Disney doing you and the world a favor. (Please take me back, Disney.)"

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
"Now, some cumudg curmugd meanies and trolls will tell you that writing is a business and you should get paid for it. These people are wrong wrong terribad wrong, writing is about sharing the scienc-y wonders of your imagination not with just the organ lump in your head, but with the whooole world. And how are you going to do that if no one reads your books? Writing for Disney for exposure is really Disney doing you and the world a favor. (Please take me back, Disney.)"
Something something magic skeleton powered by lightning something teeth betray you something work for free.

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
"Don't forget - It is important - to separate your phrases. Periods. Parentheses. Colons.

Short sentences, separate from all the others - For emphasis.

The shorter, the better.

Like this.

Your text must look disconnected. Too long and it hurts the eyes. And won't catch your goldfish attention span - No one likes that, you know."

Admiral Mantoid

The Senate Society
True & Honest Fan
Star Wars deserves every writer like this. I can't think of a more boring science fiction franchise. Those spergs are the spawn of those big star wars parents. Enjoy the shaak shit.
One would think that, except most of these authors (including Wendig) and those at Disney-Lucasfilm have all said they were never that into Star Wars in the first place, most of them even admit that their primary fanbase is Doctor Who or Joss Whedon shit. They just see SW as another platform to earn more woke points or a quick boost in infamy by trying to turn themselves into a victim through press coverage. I mean two authors were mostly motivated to write Star Wars books just so they could introduce menstruation as a major element and the most challenging personal trial in the mythos.
So far he seems to just keep that shit on his site. Also speaking of Chuck making money, wasn't someone going to make a show based on one of his shitty books? Did it get canned because of Corona or is it on hiatus?