Careercow Chuck Wendig / Charles Wendig / TerribleMinds - Terrible author, terrible person, ruined Internet Archive's online library

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
It looks like YellowFlash made a new video about Chuck Wendig begging for his job back.
I'd string him along for a couple months, call him every now and then to report that we have a position in a couple weeks, please wait for us to call back, don't go anywhere...
Just to see how long it would take for him to realize they aren't serious.

AnOminous

what is yet to come
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It looks like YellowFlash made a new video about Chuck Wendig begging for his job back.
Imagine being Cuck Wendigo, and realizing you utterly fucked up your life, and begging for your job back.

Lmao. You sad motherfucker.

Have you yet realized maybe you shouldn't have insulted your entire audience with retarded bullshit and told them they should eat a boot covered in shit?

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being Cuck Wendigo, and realizing you utterly fucked up your life, and begging for your job back.

Have you yet realized maybe you shouldn't have insulted your entire audience with retarded bullshit and told them they should eat a boot covered in shit?
Unsurprisingly, the coward went and deleted his butthurt tweet over the lack of merch revenue he's getting from his shitty donut steal character.
1626463325130.png

"DIZZZNEEEY! WHERE MUH ROYALTIES?!!!"

This ugly fuck can't seem to get it through his thick skull that he willing gave away any chance he had of royalties when he jumped on the retarded and hollow Disney hype wagon and signed contracts on a whim because he was too blinded by estrogen to notice what a shitty deal he was getting into. Yet he still thinks his situation is somehow similar to those of the old pre-Disney authors who are actually entitled to royalties. Nobody forced you to sign any contracts Chucky. You and your fellow Disney authors willingly gave up any chance of royalties because you just wanted to gloat that you wrote mediocre crap for Disney and Star Wars, as if that would somehow land you the big deals and make you the big bucks.

Imago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wendig has a new book coming out next week. It's a haunted house story about an abusive father and a terrible family secret. Chuck's friends love it. My friends say it starts out interesting then keeps adding subplots and cliches until it ends in a incoherent mess. This is the first excerpt they chose to market the book:

Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.​

Tinnitus

This was Oliver:

The boy, fifteen, knelt on the ground, his chin against his chest, the soft undersides of his forearms pressing into his ears even as his fingers dug into the thatch of messy hair at the back of his head. His ears rang sharply—not the tolling of a bell but a shrill whine, like that of a dental drill. To one side of him: yellow lockers. To the other: a water fountain. Above: a waterfall of bright fluorescence. Somewhere ahead were two gunshots, bang, bang. Each made his heart jump. Somewhere behind him were the murmur and rustle of students moving from classroom to classroom, seeking safety. Oliver imagined them dead. He imagined his teachers dead. Blood on linoleum. Brains on chalkboard. He imagined weeping parents on the news, and the suicides of survivors, and the thoughts and prayers of uncaring politicians—he could see the pain like a little ripple that became a wave, that met other waves and became tsunamis roaring back and forth over people until all were drowned underneath.

A hand grasped his shoulder and shook him. A word spoken as if through a fishbowl—his name. Someone was saying his name. “Olly. Oliver. Olly!” He gently rocked himself back on his ankles, sitting partly upright. It was Mr. Partlow, his BioSci teacher. “Hey. Hey, lockdown drill’s almost over, Oliver. You okay? Come on, kiddo, let’s get you—”

But then the teacher let go and took a half step back. Mr. Partlow stared down at the floor—no, not at the floor. At Oliver. Oliver took a look, too. His crotch was wet. Fingers of liquid were spreading down his pant legs. Ahead, he saw a few students gather and stare. Landon Gray, who sat behind him in homeroom, looked sad. Amanda McInerney—who was in all the plays, and chorus, and student council—made a gross face and giggled.

Mr. Partlow helped him stand up and took him away. Oliver wiped tears from his face, tears he didn’t even know he’d spilled.

Chuck's audience isn't the mass market, it's the book critics and his friends on twitter. He is connected where it counts. The SFWA are treating him as their replacement for the problematic Steven King.

LordofCringe7206

What's that Plank? They're hiding in the library?
kiwifarms.net

Apparently not since he still thinks he is above having any standards or principals to hold himself to. You would think all the shit he had to eat last year over the archive fiasco would have made him realize that he can't just sperg over everything he wants to and not face some consequences for what he does.
Wendig has a new book coming out next week. It's a haunted house story about an abusive father and a terrible family secret. Chuck's friends love it. My friends say it starts out interesting then keeps adding subplots and cliches until it ends in a incoherent mess.
His writing style literally hurts to read. His style is literally somebody narrating the thoughts of an autistic middle schooler. I can't figure out any better way of describing how he writes.

This one had me banging my head:
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 11.43.20 PM.png

Laughing_Like_He-Man

kiwifarms.net
Wendig has a new book coming out next week. It's a haunted house story about an abusive father and a terrible family secret. Chuck's friends love it. My friends say it starts out interesting then keeps adding subplots and cliches until it ends in a incoherent mess. This is the first excerpt they chose to market the book:

Sheesh, it's like he's describing a TV movie instead of writing a narrative. All his metaphors are TV tropes, like the "sound as if from a fishbowl"...

I guess this is the sort of thing you write when you go straight from college to corporate hack instead of living a life.

Vancouver Terry Bollea

>tfw finding your bfs smegma in the folds and eat
kiwifarms.net
Apparently not since he still thinks he is above having any standards or principals to hold himself to. You would think all the shit he had to eat last year over the archive fiasco would have made him realize that he can't just sperg over everything he wants to and not face some consequences for what he does.

His writing style literally hurts to read. His style is literally somebody narrating the thoughts of an autistic middle schooler. I can't figure out any better way of describing how he writes.

This one had me banging my head:
View attachment 2354351
There aren't enough Islamic stickers for that snippet

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
I branched out.

God help me, I branched out.

Oof.

Aside from Salvatore/Drizzit, and the first few Dragonlance novels, that's slim pickins.

Even the worst DnD tie in novels are leagues better than Wendig's best work.

Makes me happy the dummy is still sore he doesn't get a dimw from the Rat.

You're asshole who signed the contract Chuckie. Figured you were used to getting cucked by now.

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He did an AMA on Reddit / (https://archive.md/bTPue) today or maybe yesterday. Full of gems like this:

View attachment 2387127
FWIW, I would have expected him to be more popular. Apparently not.

I'm awaiting the day authors like Wendig get pissed enough at somebody like Brandon Sanderson to start trying to cancel him. That will be a popcorn fest.
So Wendig doesn't like editing and prefers very "light editing" which is to say just "tweak" and do as little as possible? Would explain a lot.

1627502340648.png

Explains a lot more.
1627502392258.png

Chuck didn't even have the balls to respond.
1627502491308.png

Still salty about Disney it seems and he still wants that big bag of money he still thinks he rightfully deserved...
1627502801062.png

What loose ends? If anything his books only helped to unravel the films and make them worse if nothing else while inserting his own shitty OCs to take credit away from the main characters, like a literal Hillary Clinton insert with a Jocasta complex.

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
He did an AMA on Reddit / (https://archive.md/bTPue) today or maybe yesterday. Full of gems like this:

View attachment 2387127
FWIW, I would have expected him to be more popular. Apparently not.

I'm awaiting the day authors like Wendig get pissed enough at somebody like Brandon Sanderson to start trying to cancel him. That will be a popcorn fest.

If anything would dewoke the spec fiction community in 5 minutes flat, it would be the wokies threatening the one new author at Tor whose books actually make money. He's a white male heterosexual Mormon who is the meal ticket for that entire publisher.

At a certain point, even the wokest buisiness has to put making money first.

Last edited:

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
If anything would dewoke the spec fiction community in 5 minutes flat, it would be the wokies threatening the one new author at Tor whose books actually make money.

Normally I'd agree with you, but look who we're talking about. Tor's German overlords might be all about the shekels, but by the time you get to the fiefdom that is Tor if Patrick Nielsen Hayden don't like you, you're toast. And his balls are firmly in a jar on the SJW mantel.

Then again the fact that Sanderson has a close working relationship with Mary Robinette Kowal of all people is something my brain can barely process. She's every SJW stereotype made manifest, except that she isn't fat. Maybe he's SJW in some weird way all the while remaining in good standing with the Mormon Church. Dunno how that's possible but it makes as much sense as anything else.

As an aside, I'm blocked on Twitter by both Nielsen Hayden and Robinette Kowal. Shocker, I know.

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
Normally I'd agree with you, but look who we're talking about. Tor's German overlords might be all about the shekels, but by the time you get to the fiefdom that is Tor if Patrick Nielsen Hayden don't like you, you're toast. And his balls are firmly in a jar on the SJW mantel.

Then again the fact that Sanderson has a close working relationship with Mary Robinette Kowal of all people is something my brain can barely process. She's every SJW stereotype made manifest, except that she isn't fat. Maybe he's SJW in some weird way all the while remaining in good standing with the Mormon Church. Dunno how that's possible but it makes as much sense as anything else.

As an aside, I'm blocked on Twitter by both Nielsen Hayden and Robinette Kowal. Shocker, I know.

They both follow me, and I have had to work with/take calls from both. You aren't missing much.

I admit its going to be fun watching Kowel throw what little career she has away attempting to salvage the unending clusterfuck that is Discon III/Worldcon 2021.

As far as Sanderson, the man is one of the few people kn spec fiction who effortlessly enjoys working relationships on both sides of the political divide... he will have Kowel on his YouTube for an interview, and the next week, be cracking jokes at Dragoncon with Larry Correia and the former sad puppies.

Sanderson is the rare person who has sold enough books to be untouchable, who everybody can't wait to kiss his ass and be his friend, have enough talent to deserve that, and enough humility to not let any of that go to his head.

Its an attitude more of spec fiction should imitate.