Careercow Chuck Wendig / Charles Wendig / TerribleMinds -

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
Ever notice how it’s the biggest fucking hacks that claim that criticism is only useful when filed by a close associate whose undergone at least one background check and drug screening and submitted their criticism in the form of a 13 layered compliment cake?

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
They'd be more aggravating if they weren't so predictable.
Chucky has a huge block list and probably uses shared lists too yet all the mean, harassing people and posts he doesn’t want to read still come through. Then he bitches and moans about them publicly vs just ignoring them and continue writing shit books for mediocre paychecks. It’s because he as Jessica Price’s mental disease and feels compelled to respond like a child.

If you think everyone around you is an asshole, maybe it’s not them. Maybe it’s you, Chucky.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
Looks like someone wants to challenge Chuck Wendig for the title of worst SW author.

Courtesy of Claudia Gray (one of Holdo's creators), from her new book "Master and Apprentice", where Jedis are revealed to allow casual sex with students but not romance. This has fucking pedo scandal for the jedi written all over it.

I initially thought this was written by Chuck.

Last edited:

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
The whole present tense thing is, for reasons unknown to me, wildly popular in Young Adult fiction, to the point that a lot of younger readers are turned off by more traditional past tense narratives.
My uneducated guess is that it sprang up from the success of The Hunger Games, which is written in present tense and (I thought) actually made it work most of the time, considering the type of story it's telling. I'm sure there's other books that helped inspire it, but that's the one I know about.

For people like Wendig, they think the sense of urgency and immediacy it provides will mask their dullness, though. And they are incorrect.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My uneducated guess is that it sprang up from the success of The Hunger Games, which is written in present tense and (I thought) actually made it work most of the time, considering the type of story it's telling. I'm sure there's other books that helped inspire it, but that's the one I know about.

For people like Wendig, they think the sense of urgency and immediacy it provides will mask their dullness, though. And they are incorrect.
The problem is that constant energy in the story pace doesn't work to keep you hooked unless what the energy is applied to is interesting to read.

I've seen samples of his work, he blows a lot of energy on setting up scenes but little on executing them, which is not interesting and is the literary equivalent of watching a giant bomb's fuse go off and getting a faint puff of smoke instead of a massive explosion afterwards.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
The problem is that constant energy in the story pace doesn't work to keep you hooked unless what the energy is applied to is interesting to read.

I've seen samples of his work, he blows a lot of energy on setting up scenes but little on executing them, which is not interesting and is the literary equivalent of watching a giant bomb's fuse go off and getting a faint puff of smoke instead of a massive explosion afterwards.
...this explains so much about how he got picked for Disney Wars.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
Looks like someone wants to challenge Chuck Wendig for the title of worst SW author.

Courtesy of Claudia Gray (one of Holdo's creators), from her new book "Master and Apprentice", where Jedis are revealed to allow casual sex with students but not romance. This has fucking pedo scandal for the jedi written all over it.

Someone used the term 'getting laid' in a Star Wars book?

Imagine if at the end of Ol' Yeller, they didn't shoot the dog. They just let him run around being a dangerous, gibbering Cujo and hurting the people who once loved him. After a while, he slowly succumbs to the sickness, dying in agony on the porch of his former family, drawn back by a niggling memory of love that the dog was no longer capable of feeling. As Ol' Yeller drowns in his own diseased foam, his family huddles away in the darkest corner of their house, too horrified at the monster their dog had become to recall the friend he once was.

Draw your own comparisons with the Star Wars franchise.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net

So let me see if I understand this:
Golden Bikinis and Hot Girls: No Way
Jedi having their own Catamites: A-Ok!

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
I guess Qui-Gon really DID explore Obi-Wan's outer rim.
Highly offtopic rant incoming:
I highly doubt this Rule 63 Cuck Wending knows this, but the Japanese Samurai (Which is what the Jedi was based on) did have their own variation of Catamites. However even if Rule 63 Cuck Wendig knew this, she still got it wrong because
A) The reason for Samurai Catamites was to have a closer bond between the Master and Apprentice (So it was not just getting laid for the hell of it)
B) It was done away with towards the modern era
C) Most Samurai wouldn't go around talking about it or making it sound like casual sex.

I have a feeling Rule 63 Cuck Wendig wrote this to try to get the crowd who writes War and Peace length stories about Dean Winchester getting John Watson pregnant. If Jedi aren't allowed to fall in love, there is no need for them to have Catamites.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Highly offtopic rant incoming:
I highly doubt this Rule 63 Cuck Wending knows this, but the Japanese Samurai (Which is what the Jedi was based on) did have their own variation of Catamites. However even if Rule 63 Cuck Wendig knew this, she still got it wrong because
A) The reason for Samurai Catamites was to have a closer bond between the Master and Apprentice (So it was not just getting laid for the hell of it)
B) It was done away with towards the modern era
C) Most Samurai wouldn't go around talking about it or making it sound like casual sex.

I have a feeling Rule 63 Cuck Wendig wrote this to try to get the crowd who writes War and Peace length stories about Dean Winchester getting John Watson pregnant. If Jedi aren't allowed to fall in love, there is no need for them to have Catamites.
Recall Chuck Wending was making his bones as a writer for White Wolf in the early oughts, when the prequel trilogy was going full force. Recall also that the interwebs were beginning to kick into high gear. Recall images like this one were all over the place back then.

Chuck's garbage is just the fruition of many years of horrifying crap, finally infecting the franchise itself rather than the fringes of fan nuttery.

LaughingJoke

kiwifarms.net

Chappelle show once did a sketch on that https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ecx6q

Also "getting laid?" god does that sound completely un-star wars.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net

While I can't say where it started exactly, from what I understand a lot of workshops and writing circles advise writing in present tense because it supposedly gets the reader more "in the moment" if the text is phrased as though the events are happening at the exact moment the viewer is reading it as supposed as to some vague unspecified past that's been documented, and thus is a more engaging or "dynmaic" read.

Personally I think it's a load of hogwash and it doesn't matter all that much what tense is written in so long as it's written well. Although it's a little funny when talking about it in the context of Star Wars considering the opening line has always been "a long time ago" i.e. in the past tense.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Recall Chuck Wending was making his bones as a writer for White Wolf in the early oughts, when the prequel trilogy was going full force. Recall also that the interwebs were beginning to kick into high gear. Recall images like this one were all over the place back then.

Chuck's garbage is just the fruition of many years of horrifying crap, finally infecting the franchise itself rather than the fringes of fan nuttery.
Should i be sad i have seen so much worse this doesn't even make me react anymore?

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net

Didn't see the rambling posted but Chuck's been losing his mind over the Sonic movie because they're tweaking the design. He really dislikes the idea of creators changing their work because of the fans and then insults people who do that as feeding into fan entitlement which makes writing worse for other people.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net

Didn't see the rambling posted but Chuck's been losing his mind over the Sonic movie because they're tweaking the design. He really dislikes the idea of creators changing their work because of the fans and then insults people who do that as feeding into fan entitlement which makes writing worse for other people.
Is that what this is about? It felt more like a Game of Thrones meltdown.

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Fans not only have a voice and a vote, they have a fucking veto and it's called their money.

You'd think this shit-eating cuck would have figured this out and that maybe there's a reason he no longer gets to gnaw on the corpse of Star Wars like a nasty little maggot of a man.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino