Careercow Chuck Wendig / Charles Wendig / TerribleMinds -

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
This is especially evident when he's writing characters he didn't create, like in his Star Wars novels. One segment of his I read that was better written than most is when Han holds his baby in his arms for the first time and at first it's weird to him and he thinks of it as a sort of parasite, but then he worries about hurting the baby and then he finally feels protective of it. It feels more emotionally honest than most of Wendig's drivel, but it's also totally wrong for Han. It's not Han Solo, it's Chuck Wendig. This is what he thought when his first baby was born, so he threw it into a book as a character's thoughts when that character has a baby.
What the heck? That's not how Han Solo thinks. He's more straightforward than that. He's not stupid, but he's also not too deep or instrospective. He's a cynic with buried idealizm, which grow due to Leia and the Rebellion. It would grow even more with a baby.

He'd make a glib comment about wishing he was still a smuggler so he could raise extra money to pay for the kid, and then wonder when they'd be old enough to play toy guns together. He's too sure of himself to think he'd accidentally hurt the baby. He wouldn't wonder if it was a parasite, it would be become part of the world he fights for.

Useless Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Now That's What I Call Autism® Vol. 69, holy shit.
At least when Patton Oswalt made a 40-tweet joke about political correctness, it had a punchline and a payoff, but this is... painful. A bunch of manic, disjointed messages and screenshots and pop culture references & half-formed freudian slips. "Hurr hur, he posted a picture of Posey, he likes Mission Hill too, he's just like me!" Get fucked you babywriter. The need to mention doctors, degrees & academia as much as he is while talking about apples just shows how desperate for validation and recognition he is. The begging for book sales at the end is only half-joking and utterly shameless.

I'm sure he did it just to get articles written about him, which happened:
View attachment 932121

Unfortunately for him, they're low effort, half-articles that are more tweet than author sucking his under-carriage, so I don't think it will lead to any business. Having shit like this written about you and come up in a google search isn't a substitute for good reviews and sales figures.
First line of the Boing Boing article: "Chuck Wendig isn't just a fine novelist..."

Do SJWs actually think the terrible artists they support solely for political reasons are good or do they know they're supporting terrible writers entirely for propaganda reasons? I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone literate could ever describe Chuck Wendig as "a fine novelist."

Smiling Honeybadger

Still on the search for some super smart Title.
kiwifarms.net
How the mighty have fallen

From working on IPs like Star Wars and Turok, to sperging on Twitter to shill an apple orchard.
I look at it that way: The way he has become is his true self. A lot of especially oh so enlightened left leaning liberals seem insanely shallow to me. And very conflicted. Their cultural horizon is tightly located somewhere between everything Disney, with a bit of mainstream pop culture. They furiosly type away their anti-capitalist rhethoric on their iphones, sipping their soy-frappucchino-shit from Starbucks, while clad in a Star Wars-Shirt. And in America they are as American centric as their horrible Maga-Hat wearing uncle/aunt/parent/neighbour. No wonder they make distorted scream faces all the time. Their inner contradiction is ripping them apart.

SmileyTimeDayCare

This is pleasure!
kiwifarms.net
First line of the Boing Boing article: "Chuck Wendig isn't just a fine novelist..."

Do SJWs actually think the terrible artists they support solely for political reasons are good or do they know they're supporting terrible writers entirely for propaganda reasons? I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone literate could ever describe Chuck Wendig as "a fine novelist."
Pretty sure it is just a mutual hand job circle.

Quality doesn't matter. Just producing something is praise worthy to these stunted adults.

They are still grabbing everyone to come see what they made in the toilet.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
The only entertaining thing about his apple sperging is watching the like count trend down

You have to read books written for adults to be literate.

Reactions: Flexo and Mola Ram

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
This is a man who wrote for Star Wars. He sounds like a dad with no experience in writing trying some bullshit for his toddler, and his book was written exactly like this.
"A red, red rumbling."
"Appley contenders."

Just... fuck you, dude.
This is straight up Chuck's target demographic for his writing:

Literal baby talk conveying ideas that are too inappropriate or boring for children.

Last edited:

Useless Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure it is just a mutual hand job circle.

Quality doesn't matter. Just producing something is praise worthy to these stunted adults.

They are still grabbing everyone to come see what they made in the toilet.
I really just hate how 30 year old progressives have no idea how art is supposed to work. They support obvious shit like Wendig or The Last Jedi solely based on politics and some of the shit they say about art pisses me off too. I saw some idiotic article about how Joker is a terrible movie because it's about a damaged white man and "this isn't the right time" for that kind of movie. Of course, it takes heavy inspiration from Taxi Driver and the US was a much more violent place in the mid-70s than it is today - particularly New York City - so by the same logic Taxi Driver never should have been made. It came out the same year The Son of Sam started killing people, after all.

Their entire understanding of art is based on its political utility. They're like the Stalinists who denounced Dmitri Shostakovitch because Lady Macbeth of the Mtsensk District was deemed to be reactionary. Garbage gets praised to the skies based on surface level characteristics no one will care about in 20 years and decent or good work gets brutally attacked because it's not politically valuable enough.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That's pretty autistic but at least I read it, unlike a Googleshng or an Engelhardt. It isn't even some basic bitch apple-ing, but mostly about oddball variants you've never heard of. I've certainly seen worse tweetstorms.

I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone literate could ever describe Chuck Wendig as "a fine novelist."
Chuck Wendig makes Alan Dean Foster look like fucking Nabokov.

Last edited:

TitanWest

kiwifarms.net
So the question becomes thus: How does someone with this kind of track record of failure and this level of stupidity wind up constantly being given high-profile jobs?
Corporations as big as Disney don't focus on money as much as people think. They're willing to take a minor financial hit if it means pushing a cultural/political agenda. But Disney's sucked all the cultural capital it could out of Star Wars and Disney is starting to bleed too much money. So it's gradually ramping things down. They're moving on to fuck up other franchises like The Little Mermaid. Disney's called "The Devilmouse" for a reason.

Jaimas

Bold Words For Someone In "Ara Ara" Range
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I'll be honest. I didn't thoroughly read this, I skimmed through most of it and what I got is that Chuck Wendigo is a hack writer who's been nominated for awards like three times who has worked on Disney properties like Star Wars and Marvel... Which he was fired from. The man hates Trump beyond reason to the point where he'll go on rants calling Trump a tiny handed bitch.

And his writing is apparently awful. But God forbid you criticize him. Because then you don't know what writing is.

Am I missing anything?
He believes Tolkien is a terrible writer.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net

They know deep down inside he sucks. I wasn’t able to archive it, but one of the Facebook pages that was trying to advocate for Chuck’s rehiring “like James Gunn” was embarrassed when they posted a poll. They quickly pulled it down once they realized the average fan hated him because he sucked and not for his politics.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
What the heck? That's not how Han Solo thinks. He's more straightforward than that. He's not stupid, but he's also not too deep or instrospective. He's a cynic with buried idealizm, which grow due to Leia and the Rebellion. It would grow even more with a baby.

He'd make a glib comment about wishing he was still a smuggler so he could raise extra money to pay for the kid, and then wonder when they'd be old enough to play toy guns together. He's too sure of himself to think he'd accidentally hurt the baby. He wouldn't wonder if it was a parasite, it would be become part of the world he fights for.
Fuck it, I'm bored so I'm gonna write this in Chuck's shitty style.

The droid hands the baby to Han. He takes it.

"Big boy, aintcha," he says. "Looks like I'll have to take up smuggling again to feed you!"

He looks at Leia, expecting a smile. He doesn't get one.

We've got three rescue missions and one Imperial dismantling to do by the end of the cycle!" Leia shouts. "You're not jaunting off when we need you!"

Han looks down at his son, and a tender expression crosses his face Leia has never seen before. She finally smiles.

"We need?" Han says softly. "He needs..."

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino