Careercow Chuck Wendig / Charles Wendig / TerribleMinds - Terrible author, terrible person, ruined Internet Archive's online library

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The rise of YA has a lot to do with it. Go over to the YABookgate thread for a sampling. It's really not "Young Adult;" it's written by and for 20-40something dangerhairs and wine moms. It pushes Sturgeon's Law from 90% to something more like Ivory Soap. And it's fucking all some of these people read or do, because it's undemanding and pushes fashionable social causes.

I don't know if Chuck's stuff is considered YA, but it operates on the same literary and intellectual level, because the man is incapable of writing like a mature adult.
Apparently its not a Young Adult series, but it definitely reads like one, if not worse. Only reason crap like this and Disney's other SW novels get slapped with the Adult label rather than YA is because the "Adult" ones have BBQ queergenders, mentions of too much blood or say fuck and shit a lot. That's literally the only thing keeping them from being marked YA.
1603317788164.png

This one ain't from Wendig's shit, but its almost as tacky and only got a pass because TheMarySue got a boner for it.

These ones are from Wendig though.
1603318295942.png
1603319742716.png

Only reason this shit gets any good ratings is because of idiots like this only interested in fighting woke crusades over a fucking media franchise.
1603318086758.png

Such helpful sheep fighting the "good cause" while completely unaware that their precious woke token characters exist only to deflect criticism, much like Daisy Ridley and Boyega served as good "sexism and racism" shields. It also doesn't help that almost every big youtuber shilled the fuck out of it by not addressing how shit the book actually was but by trying to force the cringeworthy Mr. Bones character as the next big meme.
I bet Chuck's books are so bad, you can't even use the pages to wipe your ass without receiving severe paper cuts.
It's not even by accident, they know that by choosing the most coarse sandpaper like quality, they manage to take away even that from the reader.
So you haven't read the literary crime that is Wendig's scribbles? If you ever wish to share in the suffering, please let me know. My door is always open.
Secret Merchant Pepe.png

1603318687714.png

Last edited:

werewolf rape erotica

SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY ASS!
kiwifarms.net
I have some embarassingly shitty books that are literary masterpieces by comparison. Chuck's success says a lot about consoomer society today. Fast, cheap crap of dubious quality is more marketable than high quality products in just about every industry. I can't pinpoint when shit hit the fan for the writing industry but I know had to do with the internet. Any writer fags know?
Harlequin romance novels have been around for decades, so it isn't new.

• Feels
Reactions: Flexo and Mola Ram

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Writing in present tense is the Hot Thing in YA, Allah only knows why. It makes my teeth itch.
Its been used quite often lately for some unholy reason. Only book so far that I actually considered almost worse than Chuck's was this travesty.
1603320565856.png

And that's saying something. FYI it was supposed to be a tie-in for Solo until it fucking bombed. The book even features a black Gungan cop teaching Han Solo a thing or two about racism.
1603320681146.png

The book was also insanely rushed and is filled to the brim with errors and grammar issues. The author even self-inserted himself in the audio version.
Unsurprisingly that critic turned turbo shill HelloGreedo praised this book which should be the ultimate testament of what a hypocritical hack he is who used to dislike anything outside the films but did a 180 when Disney became cool and he didn't want to look like an idiot after sucking their cock so much.
Hell this was the same guy who defended TLJ, yet people still treat him as the leading SW expert for what I can only assume is the same reason Doug Walker still has fans.

Still its amazing that something even worse than Wendig's shit could be conceived.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Writing in present tense is the Hot Thing in YA, Allah only knows why. It makes my teeth itch.
It's absolute retard shit, and only an utter fucking moron would write this way. Outside of a very few niche examples, this is garbage trash gimmick writing. Anyone who does it should have their thumbs cut off.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The book was also insanely rushed and is filled to the brim with errors and grammar issues.

I assume one of those errors is a "thick" datapad. It's a science fiction version of an e-reader, you could be reading all 142 volumes of Ab Urbe Conditia and it'd be just as thick or thin as if you were reading "Casey at the Bat."

Either way, that is gutter trash writing. Barely at the level of fan fiction. Yeesh.

It's absolute retard shit, and only an utter fucking moron would write this way. Outside of a very few niche examples, this is garbage trash gimmick writing. Anyone who does it should have their thumbs cut off.

This is why you're one of my favorites.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I assume one of those errors is a "thick" datapad. It's a science fiction version of an e-reader, you could be reading all 142 volumes of Ab Urbe Conditia and it'd be just as thick or thin as if you were reading "Casey at the Bat."

Either way, that is gutter trash writing. Barely at the level of fan fiction. Yeesh.

This is why you're one of my favorites.
The book was genuinely headache inducing. I'm just truly flabbergasted that there could be someone just as bad as Wendig, if not worse. Only difference is that while he's obnoxious on Twitter, he isn't retarded enough to act and scream like a lunatic in front of hundreds followers to the point of getting fired like Wendig.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The book was genuinely headache inducing. I'm just truly flabbergasted that there could be someone just as bad as Wendig, if not worse. Only difference is that while he's obnoxious on Twitter, he isn't retarded enough to act and scream like a lunatic in front of hundreds followers to the point of getting fired like Wendig.

I'm convinced Wendig thinks he's a genius and has absolutely no awareness of just what shit he writes. Part of that is probably because so many dimwits stroke his ego online (if I never see that "magic meat skeleton" quote again it'll be too soon), but most of it is probably just his own swollen self-regard. Any writer who had a realistic grasp of his abilities would never have risked a plum gig like writing Star Wars fiction by acting like a psychopath on Twitter.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced Wendig thinks he's a genius and has absolutely no awareness of just what shit he writes. Part of that is probably because so many dimwits stroke his ego online (if I never see that "magic meat skeleton" quote again it'll be too soon), but most of it is probably just his own swollen self-regard. Any writer who had a realistic grasp of his abilities would never have risked a plum gig like writing Star Wars fiction by acting like a psychopath on Twitter.
Imagine having a job where you literally could take a giant steaming shit, put it between covers, and it would be published every time, and you'd get massively overpaid for this trash. And losing it over pure stupidity.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who was only one of the greatest American writers of his generation.

Neal Stephenson used it in Snow Crash, which is one place I suspect SF/fantasy writers of a certain age caught the bug.
Like most of the people using it have read Snow Crash, or in many cases even know who Stephenson is.

I'm personally convinced most of them got it from The Hunger Games. And even that reference is getting a little old in the tooth for them now.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Apparently its not a Young Adult series, but it definitely reads like one, if not worse. Only reason crap like this and Disney's other SW novels get slapped with the Adult label rather than YA is because the "Adult" ones have BBQ queergenders, mentions of too much blood or say fuck and shit a lot. That's literally the only thing keeping them from being marked YA.
View attachment 1678120
This one ain't from Wendig's shit, but its almost as tacky and only got a pass because TheMarySue got a boner for it.

These ones are from Wendig though.
View attachment 1678132View attachment 1678173

Only reason this shit gets any good ratings is because of idiots like this only interested in fighting woke crusades over a fucking media franchise.
View attachment 1678128
Such helpful sheep fighting the "good cause" while completely unaware that their precious woke token characters exist only to deflect criticism, much like Daisy Ridley and Boyega served as good "sexism and racism" shields. It also doesn't help that almost every big youtuber shilled the fuck out of it by not addressing how shit the book actually was but by trying to force the cringeworthy Mr. Bones character as the next big meme.

So you haven't read the literary crime that is Wendig's scribbles? If you ever wish to share in the suffering, please let me know. My door is always open.
View attachment 1678154

That sounds about right: this is for mature readers, cause everyone's gay and they cuss all the time.