Cinemassacre/Angry Video Game Nerd - one of youtube's most popular gaming channels

Which videos do you like the most from Cinemassacre?

• Angry Video Game Nerd

Votes: 225 64.8%
  • You Know Whats Bullshit

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • James and Mike Mondays

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Board James

Votes: 42 12.1%
  • Monster Madness

Votes: 44 12.7%
  • James' movie reviews

Votes: 17 4.9%

• Total voters

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
I find it fascinating that it was long enough ago that we can consider something like the peak days of AVGN nostalgic, even though the theme of it was nostalgia.

Nostalgia for nostalgia.
Nostalgia always sells.

Well, that and due to the advancement of modern tech and how we consume/distribute information online; things age much faster. Think back to the early 2000's internet humour and reflect on just how rigged and defined it was. Today's memes have a month at best shelf life before being phased out or deep fried beyond any recognition.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised the Jackie Chan game would have gore, doesn't really seem like Chan's style.
There was a site that covered it. The first game was made in cooperation with Chan for one of his movies. So the publisher made a deal to use his image and all that in exchange for partially funding one of his movies. The first game had the fatalities but people complained they couldn't play as Jackie. So they pump out a 2nd game where you can play all of the Jackie boss characters but they didn't photograph any fatalities and Chan probably put the kibosh on that too.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
In the case of AVGN it's not that much Nostalgia (except choice episodes), most games were played by a minority. Maybe a meta nostalgia on how old games were bullshit.
As it says in the intro "he's gonna take you back to the past, to play the shitty games that suck ass", the whole thing was so clearly tied in with nostalgia for retro gaming even if he was playing crap.

deeman

Seinor Geinus.
kiwifarms.net
That was the great thing, these were always so well researched. I guess Mike was responsible for that?
Because when you put on JMM, it's always James who spouts the ignorant garbage like debunked rumors, newbie misconceptions, obsolete fan theories and other "common knowledge"
"Whats the difference between farming and grinding?"
And the favorite that always comes up when Mike brings a modded game.
"What was the difference between a hack and a mod again?"

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the case of AVGN it's not that much Nostalgia (except choice episodes), most games were played by a minority. Maybe a meta nostalgia on how old games were bullshit.
I played some of the games featured on the show when I was a kid. It wasn't just nostalgic, James was like the first guy online to say "Yeah, you know this part? That's straight up bullshit." It was really refreshing at the time, since the whole mantra on the internet over bullshit games was just "huhuhu git gud", and the only videos about those games were generally either people playing perfectly or speedruns. The AVGN was the first guy I ever saw to really humanize the experience. And that was a genius move, and honestly - as sappy as this sounds - made me feel better about not being some kind of crazy autist perfectionist at every game, since there really wasn't much else at the time. Turns out, most people aren't on par with a bunch of smug retarded faggots who'd snap at you because you can't beat Journey to Silius blindfolded, and relate better to the nerd than anyone else. It's no wonder he got so popular.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
I think the only AVGN video I disagreed with (to some extent) was Fester's Quest, but that's mainly because I legitimately enjoyed that game as a kid, and was able to enjoy it again as an adult. Yes, the game is tough as balls and impossible to beat, but I truly liked it.

Every other game/accessory James is right about for the most part, especially shitty lesser-known consoles like 3DO, Amiga 32, Atari Jaguar, etc.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It sounds mean, but James struggling with a drawer is somehow both funnier and easier than sympathize with than most of his reviews the last year.
I'm glad the Bullshit Man is finally back

Sorta

Well not literally the Bullshit Man even though that's a YKWBS video because of the dreaded YouTube algorithm that likes to eradicate fun

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It sounds mean, but James struggling with a drawer is somehow both funnier and easier than sympathize with than most of his reviews the last year.
I've had to deal with shitty drawers too that couldn't even hold the weight of some sweaters. Super frustrating. Eventually just threw out the old one and bought a new one. Fuck that shit.

Guts Gets Some

kiwifarms.net
He made the whole shelf thing way more complicated than it needed to be.

Also, why continue to put lipstick on a pig? He's very well off now thanks to the AVGN, just buy a better one already.

• Feels
Reactions: Pissmaster

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I wouldn't have bothered with repairing some piece of shit $40 cabinet from Ikea. I personally would have removed it by breaking it apart and just throwing it out, and then replacing it with something more rigid.

Reactions: feral cat #6385
Tags
None