City Pop and other J-Music thread - the city pop and j-music dump thread

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
My next album upload is Tears and Reasons by Yumi Matsutoya (1992). While this album is released in 1992, the music inside is still quintessentially Citypop. And Yumi Matsutoya is quite a solid contributor for the Citypop music.

Small story time: The karaok bar near me used to have Japanese patrons since a lot of business here are built by Japanese. But now, they went away and Korean went in. I tried to get at least the files or hard drive for the Japanese songs in the karaok that are minus one since they are switching it out with Korean minus one songs. Unfortunately, they dont want to give or sell it to me. The end.

• Feels
Reactions: ATaxingWoman

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
Only listened to a couple but I love all of this. I have a slice of 1999 pop from Sharam Q's Tsunku if y'all into dat.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
My newest upload is a little more different than usual. The name is 聞いて楽しむ日本の名作 (Kiite tanoshimu Nihon no meisaku) Vol. 16. In my recent search for more old city pop songs, this particular Japan old stuff store has some Rakugo CDs, and this one CD i picked up and uploaded. The cd contains literary classics from Japan narrated by various famous Japanese celebrities.

If you guys want more of this stuff, I'll gladly try to buy and upload those Rakugo cds

Reactions: ProfDongs

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
My upload for today is La La La (1995) by Maki Ohguro

While it is still a solid album, I think this is her weakest as far as 80-90s music is concerned.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Ok, this one is a doozy. I forgot to upload something for a few weeks now because I completely forgot that I closed my youtube tab on my browser. So I almost completely forgot uploading J-music until I saw the CD I bought at Japan surplus.

Anyway, my next upload will be disappointing to some. I saw this CD, where the cover shows that it is a collection of old enka and elegies. So I immediately bought it. Unfortunately, I didnt check the contents, and lo and behold, the CD was a collectio of childrens songs.
So, here it is

• Winner
Reactions: Crichax

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Ok, for my next upload, this one is a little acquired taste
Its Enka Gokoro by Aki Yatsushihiro. Some of the songs are really good. Some are great to relax to while drinking some sake (I particularly love sakura sake)

Unfortunately, some songs are blockworldwide, I don't know why, but it seems songs copyrighted by Victor media tends to be blocked worldwide....

Anyway, enjoy. Next album I am going to upload is a 5 disc Yumi Matsutoya tribute album

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, the Yumi Matsutoya album has some hiccups, I'll try to fix it. For now, have some Citypop Sony Music Edition

Joey Caruso

The Coathanger In Your Man's Vagina
kiwifarms.net
Gotta have some T-Square/The Square, really been digging this one lately:
(Fun fact: It's said that track 4 of this album, "Sister Marian", contains a moment that directly inspired the Super Mario Bros. theme)

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
My next upload is 月のきれいな夜に聴きたい歌 , which roughly translate to songs to listen while looking at the moon.
Unfortunately, now that I looked at my youtube studio, some of the songs I uploaded are actually blocked in some countries, some are blocked all around the world. Anyway, enjoy

Toilet Man

Once Upon a Time in... a Dumpster
kiwifarms.net
Any fans of Yogee New Waves? New group and one of the few still keeping the spirit of city pop alive, with their fun/funky/infectious Shibuya-kei tunes.

Can't wait to hear the new album in its full glory.

gachacunt

dudes with lizard heads, chicks with fat tats!
kiwifarms.net

Minako Honda ( god rest her soul ) is an amazing singer, and I really love her album Lips.

Reactions: Toilet Man

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net

Minako Honda ( god rest her soul ) is an amazing singer, and I really love her album Lips.
oh, you will be in for a treat, I will be uploading Minako Honda's golden best album in a few days (the album was quite pricey even for a surplus shop) provided that youtube copyright wont block it from playing.
KKBX7qD.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: gachacunt
Tags
None