Civil War in Ethiopia - And it's not over food!

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
I thought Ethiopia was never colonized. It remained a monarchy until the communists showed up during the cold war.
Ethiopia is at the very least Christian, so if there's a refugee crisis v2 there should at least be less terrorism.
It was briefly sorta colonized by the italians for a few years in WW2 and a coupleyears before. it never took.

As for why Ethiopia won't become another Somalia, it's simple Ethiopians are not Somalis. They are mostly farmers as opposed to semi-nomadic livestock traders and pirates. Somalis have been total shit since forever, and every single anthropologist who wrote about them up til Woke times said the same thing. Somalis are haughty, overproud, violent, and mercurial. They are Tusken Raiders.
Ethiopians are also largely Xtian and Jewish, so the poison of Islam is diluted there. the REALLY BAD scenario would be if bands of somali fighters/raiders poured over the border to sack and loot during the chaos. Their presence there, as with anywhere they go, would be catastrophic

Complete Reprobate

kiwifarms.net
It was briefly sorta colonized by the italians for a few years in WW2 and a coupleyears before. it never took.

As for why Ethiopia won't become another Somalia, it's simple Ethiopians are not Somalis. They are mostly farmers as opposed to semi-nomadic livestock traders and pirates. Somalis have been total shit since forever, and every single anthropologist who wrote about them up til Woke times said the same thing. Somalis are haughty, overproud, violent, and mercurial. They are Tusken Raiders.
Ethiopians are also largely Xtian and Jewish, so the poison of Islam is diluted there. the REALLY BAD scenario would be if bands of somali fighters/raiders poured over the border to sack and loot during the chaos. Their presence there, as with anywhere they go, would be catastrophic
Do you have any good reads on the Horn of Africa? I would like to expand my knowledge of the subject.

Rich Evans Apologist

And thanks for all the braps
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ethiopian premier garnered international acclaim, if I remember, for himself being a veteran of the earlier spate of Ethiopia's civil war and enacting various provisions and accords to forestall its continuation. He is also one of the driving forces behind this current flare-up, in an apparent repudiation of his earlier disposition.

Feels like a whole lot of people who get ass-pats by the "international community" go on to spit in the eye of everyone involved. There's him, there's the Myanmar premier, there's the Rwandan premier, there's the Turkish and Russian premiers, there's the Nobel Peace Prize winning instigator of civil war in Libya and donor to Jabhat Al-Nursa -- maybe the "international community" should just shut up for a bit. century

Unyielding Stupidity

i will become back my money
kiwifarms.net

Well, aside from the entire Eastern region of Ethiopia that's almost entirely Somali.

Status-6.

kiwifarms.net
I don't know anything about Ethopia and tell me when i am wrong but reading the OP i conclude that if China wants that dam hydroelectric precedent to happen it probably will. So maybe no civil war?
I dont think jews want christian Ethiopian refugees in Europe. If a civil war starts to happen they probably want them to go to a muslim shithole to get slaughtered or converted or both.
So if a civil war disrupts china"s plans it wont happen but if it helps it will.

am i right or am i right?

Last edited:

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
I don't know anything about Ethopia and tell me when i am wrong but reading the OP i conclude that if China wants that dam hydroelectric precedent to happen it probably will. So maybe no civil war?
I dont think jews want christian Ethiopian refugees in Europe. If a civil war starts to happen they probably want them to go to a muslim shithole to get slaughterd or converted or both.
So if a civil war disrupts china"s plans it wont happen but if it helps it will.

am i right or am i right?
The civil war is over ethnic rivalries that predate modern history by hundreds of years.
Wars and ethnic conflict have existed since the dawn of man, not everything happens because global powers will it to.

Complete Reprobate

kiwifarms.net
The civil war is over ethnic rivalries that predate modern history by hundreds of years.
Wars and ethnic conflict have existed since the dawn of man, not everything happens because global powers will it to.
True, but it would be shortsighted to think that both the West and the East aren't interfering in subtle ways. All wars turn into proxy wars.