Clearview AI hacked -

CNN - archive.li

Clearview AI has billions of our photos. Its entire client list was just stolen

The company said it has patched the unspecified flaw that allowed the breach to happen.

In a statement, Clearview AI's attorney Tor Ekeland said that while security is the company's top priority, "unfortunately, data breaches are a part of life."

He added that the company continues to strengthen its security procedures and that the flaw has been patched.

In a notification sent to customers obtained by Daily Beast , Clearview AI said that an intruder "gained unauthorized access" to its customer list, which includespolice forces, law enforcement agencies and banks.

The company claims to have scraped more than 3 billion photos from the internet, including photos from popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean it was gonna happen, it was just a question of when. You'd be naive to think otherwise.
Problem is, governments and authorities seem to be extremely naive and gullible in certain cases, while showing high intelligence and cunning in others. And their naivety usually kicks in when taxpayer money, security, or both are concerned.

:thinking:

GoofyMcGoof

kiwifarms.net
Really though, am I supposed to feel more worried that some hacker has it as opposed to a weeabo that literally traced my entire modern lineage and history of development.
That CNN interview is just hilarious, dude asks 1 single hardball question (about if he upploaded his dads picture without dads concent) and while the CEO of Clearview struggles with it he adds "but *chuckle* that would be on me, wouldn't it?"...

The state of journalism on CNN Is below the drainage level.

Thumb Butler

or else it gets the drill again
kiwifarms.net
Really though, am I supposed to feel more worried that some hacker has it as opposed to a weeabo that literally traced my entire modern lineage and history of development.
That CNN interview is just hilarious, dude asks 1 single hardball question (about if he upploaded his dads picture without dads concent) and while the CEO of Clearview struggles with it he adds "but *chuckle* that would be on me, wouldn't it?"...

The state of journalism on CNN Is below the drainage level.
The Orange Man obviously made him upload the picture. Problem solved.

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a system that was set up and funded by a former Giuliani operative, Richard Schwartz, to target political dissidents (search 'Smartcheckr' for more information).

It was already available to most people that you wouldn't want to have your information.. nothing has really changed.

Tags
None