Cleopatra should be played by a black actor – but not just because it might be more accurate - Woke Journalist advocates for Cleopatra to be played by a black woman just for diversity

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
Can we just choose actors by their talant, not by their appearence? I think race and nation of actor matters if it's some king of documentary movie. I dont mind if black women will play Cleo, i don't want to see bad actor who was chosen by their lack of privilege and other political shit.

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How exactly is this any different from giving kids Harry Potter books and telling them it's an accurate reflection of history? History is a recollection and examination of the past based on fact. We already have a word for made up versions of history, it's called mythology.
No mythology was an explanation of how things came to be during a time when science was not even in it's nascent stage.

The word I think you're looking for is 'fiction'.

Jan_Hus

Czechnuts roasting on an open fire
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would love a historical docu-drama about the Solominids of Ethiopia or Mansa Musa, or hell even one about the Christianization of Kongo.

There's a rich history full of fascinating people that isn't ever explored on television.

I will never understand why "woke" types want to change existing historical figures in media, rather than campaign for historical shows about the larger than life figures in their own race

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I would love a historical docu-drama about the Solominids of Ethiopia or Mansa Musa, or hell even one about the Christianization of Kongo.

There's a rich history full of fascinating people that isn't ever explored on television.

I will never understand why "woke" types want to change existing historical figures in media, rather than campaign for historical shows about the larger than life figures in their own race

It’s more about demoralizing whites than uplifting pee oh cees

carcass

faster than light and harder
kiwifarms.net
Can we just choose actors by their talant, not by their appearence? I think race and nation of actor matters if it's some king of documentary movie. I dont mind if black women will play Cleo, i don't want to see bad actor who was chosen by their lack of privilege and other political shit.
That won't happen until filling woke identity quotas to appease "muh representation" people stops making money.

I've also noticed that they get very upset when something bad happens to a minority character. In fictional media. Because god forbid a black or gay character has a personality and internal/external conflicts other than "i'm black/gay." At which point, it doesn't sound like they want diversity or representation. Sounds like they want a token.

RightToBearBlarms

The Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit of People
kiwifarms.net
A couple of years ago one of the national networks in Finland said they'd be producing a biopic about one of the country's greatest heroes, Field Marshal Mannerheim from WWII

So how do they go about this? Hire a bunch of Kenyans to do a Kenyan interpretation of the man and let them make the whole thing. Maximum wokeness achieved.

I'm sure there are interesting stories to tell about things that black Africans have done so why not produce those?

Last edited:

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
That's exactly what the answer should come from. If you cast a black person because "Progressiveness", then at least make sure to say right out the gate that your product is historically inaccurate.
Accuracy is important when it makes us look good, but when it's not about us it's racist.

Lioness

SONICHU QUOTE
kiwifarms.net
Just to be clear; yes, I’m advocating a double standard. I’m saying that white people shouldn’t be given non-white parts, but that people of colour should be able to dramatically portray white-skinned figures.

Lol fuck off. Keep all figures of every colour equally historically accurate. How is this real.