Cleopatra should be played by a black actor – but not just because it might be more accurate - Woke Journalist advocates for Cleopatra to be played by a black woman just for diversity

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I would love a historical docu-drama about the Solominids of Ethiopia or Mansa Musa, or hell even one about the Christianization of Kongo.

There's a rich history full of fascinating people that isn't ever explored on television.

I will never understand why "woke" types want to change existing historical figures in media, rather than campaign for historical shows about the larger than life figures in their own race
Because for all the talking they do about their African ancestors the reality is that they don't actually care. They know damn well that the most famous stuff happened in Egypt since the ancient Egyptians left giant monuments and massive tombs all over the place and their ancestor's didn't.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're really that determined, why not do a film on some actual black figure in history? I mean, Cleopatra has been done so many freaking times -- why reinvent the wheel?

The costumes.

But honestly, there's no Burton and Taylor, so fuck it. That film is a glorious, beautiful, rambling Technicolor mess, and it's perfect. Bollocks to realism, I want spectacle.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big problem is African written history didn't start until the late middle ages and that was them getting cucks by arabs. After that a few random kingdoms and wat not. Not a very deep well of written history to draw epics from. I suppose they could try the oral mythologies, but again this runs into the problem that western, middle eastern, and Asian mythos were all written down and provides another deep well to draw on.

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
Funny how the one in favor of diversity are huge racists, i mean if you are not dark enough they will identity and ibet they rewrite it to have Cleopatra as a good person according to theiir mold

LEAVE HISTORY THE HELL ALONE ASSHOLES!

This is literally cultural appropriation. Stealing the history of another race for profit and propaganda.

It's basically what they did with Assassins Creed Odyssey though. There's that video about "Diversity and Inclusion" training the team got that told them straight out "muh inclusion" came before historical fact.
This shit is why i'm more and more in favor of radical solutionsvto problems out there because too many outhere aretoo far gone for softer approaches

It will still be somewhat porous even if the wall is built. Trump has already said that it won't be a continuous structure. I'm curious about just how much of it needs to be built by 2020 for him to legitimately claim that he has fulfilled his promise to build the wall.
Of course it will. There will always be illegal immigration. The question is how much.

The higher you build a wall the taller the next ladder will be.

View attachment 649080
That's called a chokepoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cleopatra was Greek though.

Take a look at the bust carved when she visited Rome. We know exactly who she was, and it wasn't black.

YYYGDOT.jpg
That's clearly a dude, and I demand he be played by one in the movie. For diversity's sake.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big problem is African written history didn't start until the late middle ages and that was them getting cucks by arabs. After that a few random kingdoms and wat not. Not a very deep well of written history to draw epics from. I suppose they could try the oral mythologies, but again this runs into the problem that western, middle eastern, and Asian mythos were all written down and provides another deep well to draw on.
In the 1980s, the South Africans made a pretty good historical drama TV miniseries about the bloody reign of Shaka Zulu. Initially I didn't think I would be that interested in the dynastic feuding and court intrigue of a bunch of literal Bantu spearchuckers, but I ended up watching the whole thing from start to finish. But the Shaka Zulu story is pretty well documented as far as indigenous African epics go, thanks to the frequent visits of European traders and missionaries to Zululand back then.

At the other end of the continent, in Muslim West Africa, they probably have a strong literary tradition if all those UNESCO-protected Malian holy texts are any indication of a literary culture. In a pinch, they could probably do a good historical epic on the travels of Ibn Battuta, Islamic Africa's equivalent of Europe's Marco Polo.

heathercho

*lunges at steering wheel*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're really that determined, why not do a film on some actual black figure in history? I mean, Cleopatra has been done so many freaking times -- why reinvent the wheel?

Woke Black people don't want their own history though, no matter how much they squeak and squeal about it.
They want someone else's history. Then someone else's. They want to have a black Mozart, a Black Queen Elizabeth, Black Egyptians AND Black Asians.

Actually, Africans have a great story in Yasuke. He was from Mozambique, found himself in Japan in the 1500's and was an actual samurai - mostly because was so gigantic. By all accounts he wasn't particularly great nor was he a true samurai in the official sense, but he WAS in Japan in the 1500's and even though an Italian took him there... I mean he went there and did stuff. That's a lot for Africans of that time. Kuro-San doesn't get enough praise from the #Woke crowd. Probably coz he got off his ass and did something instead of just expecting people to do things for him.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
If you cared at all about historical accuracy you'd be more upset that they keep portraying Cleopatra as an intelligent and capable ruler instead of a stupid inbred bitch.
She did much better than most of her relatives. She just took over Egypt at a time when it was pretty much hopeless.

Mammamia in Naziland

kiwifarms.net
we continue to favour light-skinned BAME actors, even when they’re supposed to be portraying dark-skinned people on-screen.

Anything less than dark brown won't be tolerated, it seems. So even an Egyptian actress won't be enough... just like a guy of Egyptian descent wasn't enough for playing a fictional pharaoh:

Rami Malek.jpg

(N.B. "hoodvibes" indeed!)
... and an Algerian woman couldn't possibly be an Egyptian princess:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/...man-cast-as-the-mummy-theres-just-one-problem

New Picture.jpg

New Picture (1).jpg

Absolutego

Thunderdome Despot
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most of her relatives were even stupider inbred bitches.

The Ptolemies were basically the Mediterranean's punching bag. The Romans largely considered them degenerate. Cato hated them enough that when a Ptolemaic king (IIRC Cleopatra's dad but it might've been one of her brothers) came asking for a favor, he held the audience on the shitter.

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She did much better than most of her relatives. She just took over Egypt at a time when it was pretty much hopeless.

She was ugly as sin, though. And no way will they be historically accurate about that, because nobody wants to spend two hours looking at some uggo.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
She was ugly as sin, though. And no way will they be historically accurate about that, because nobody wants to spend two hours looking at some uggo.
She was probably a 6/10 with makeup but apparently had an incredibly sexy manner that overcame her plain looks. The right actress could pull that off but I doubt they'll find one.

The Ptolemies were basically the Mediterranean's punching bag. The Romans largely considered them degenerate. Cato hated them enough that when a Ptolemaic king (IIRC Cleopatra's dad but it might've been one of her brothers) came asking for a favor, he held the audience on the shitter.
Based and Redpilled Cato the Younger remains best Roman.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Im pretty sure the Punching back was to the east, The Seleucid empire was just pathetic. 250 years of turning stuff to shit ending in a giant clusterfuck of getting your own men stampeded by your war elephants.

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
Tell you what. When liberiawood makes movies they can cast all the parts with liberians, and we can expect the cast to somewhat roughly represent the diversity of liberia.

In hollywood, surprise surprise, most of the cast reflects the diversity of the US. Which means, a lot of white people.