Clownfish TV / Thomas & Kambrea Pratt / Kneon & Geeky Sparkles - The Self-Proclaimed Nemeses of Kevin Smith, Profiting off of Nerd Outrage, Part of the Fandom Menace, Gaslit by a Cartoon

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Are they Lolcows?

• Total voters

Virus418

kiwifarms.net
They are Kevin Smith's nemesis according to them
They really despise this man, don't they? What I find most hilarious is how they are so angry at Smith's sarcasm (which wasn't any more venomous than what Geeky and Kneon say on a daily basis) and state numerous times that he shouldn't have said anything (you know, the same thing Geeky and Kneon get upset at when people tell them to stop obsessing over Disney) to their BS rumor. These two can't let anything go, and you can be sure they will make sure we are constantly reminded about Smith's sparky call-out in every future He-Man video even though he was likely telling the truth and dispelling misinformation.

macguyver16

kiwifarms.net
I thought that Kevin Smith was just a guy that liked making movies and saw filmmaking as a way to hang out with his buddies (at least the Clerks shit),

I mean, doesn't that get thrown around a lot with "cult classics" and films that get a theatrical release with a budgt of under seven figures? Or anything from a director not connected to the Hollywood machine?

I would say more with stuff that is held as initially "groundbreaking or innovative"

Cult classic is more like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, a movie that has a loving and devoted fanbase, but isn't really on the same level as a famous picture like Taxi Driver or something. A film like Citizen Kane could be considered overrated, as much as I personally love that flick.

People act like Clerks changed the way characters in a film interacted, or championed the "indie" aesthetic, when in reality countless films from that time had that same feel, and did something more interesting with it.

People act like Clerks changed the way characters in a film interacted, or championed the "indie" aesthetic, when in reality countless films from that time had that same feel, and did something more interesting with it.
You mean two characters just watching the day go by and talking about random shit as they go places, sometimes just where the wind takes them? That's probably one of the oldest plot setups in fiction.

macguyver16

kiwifarms.net
You mean two characters just watching the day go by and talking about random shit as they go places, sometimes just where the wind takes them? That's probably one of the oldest plot setups in fiction.
Exactly. Not to mention the filming style, constant references to other pieces of pop culture, aesthetic, etc was being done in the same way by other films of that era, but much better.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
But how was it any different from the originals. He-Man and She-ra were clearly subversive insertion of LGBT acceptance into childrens programing. Just look at the characters. The biggest difference between the original shows was they were mostly done by gay men. Who understood Camp, and over the top theatrical tropes. Ans knew to play for laughs. Modern She-Ra was done by lesbian or genderfluid feminists who have no sense of humor or subtlety.
That's exactly the point. the originals were already diverse and had a gay following, but they didn't try to preach you on domestic abuse and trauma like it's fucking Evangelion, and then make Adora fall in love with her abuser who tried to destroy the universe because she wouldn't date her. Remember Seahawk, Adora's love interest from the original? He's now an obnoxious simp put into an abusive relationship with another girl who keeps hitting him. This is not a kids show and shouldn't not be praised for its "stunning and brave representation", this is a wish fulfillment fanstasy of a mentally ill woman who needs fucking therapy, so I don't mind Clownfishers dunking on it.
They way they keep going on about Smith though...
2021-07-21 07.12.28 twitter.com b389ed9ac5e8.png

2021-07-21 07.13.14 twitter.com 1b9f50ec9ed0.png

2021-07-21 07.26.45 uproxx.com b8352fce151a.png

yeah, nobody asked you to tweet rumours in the first place, Geeky.
Especially since he never mentions them in the article. He was specifically talking about the rumour, not attacking them directly. Although MOTU part 1 is already confirmed to be focused on Teela but the rest has been debunked by people who watched the show already.

Old Man Mario

The ladies used to call me Jumpman
kiwifarms.net
He-Man comes out Friday. I plan on watching it and then fact checking the bullshit.
Be sure to keep an eye on their tweets and videos. They will probably try to back track or claim things are still Woke even when they are not.

Back to the ol reliables.
Yeah, there is a good chance that He-Man won't be what they claim and they'll be screwed. I expect the first video they put out would be claiming no one is watching it.

Seeing as it is a toy commercial and the brand new MOTU Revelation figures are flying off of the shelves, I think they won't be able to say anyone lost money over it.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
If you think she's bad, Mecha recently had a tantrum on a live stream about Brie Larson
no no, I love Geeky and I quite enjoy her tantrums.
Funny thing is, she has a hateboner for Reylo when the main character in her comic looks a lot like Rey and even the romance is kinda similar

Old Man Mario

The ladies used to call me Jumpman
kiwifarms.net
Some of the current autism following any post about MOTU that Kevin "Spider-Man & Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do" Smith makes.
Screenshot_20210722-003548(1).pngScreenshot_20210722-003621(1).png
If you're a fan of any He-Man story from the last almost 40 years, you'd know Teela is a main character. She's been portrayed as a strong woman. She's Captain of the Guard. She's the daughter of the Sorceress. If anyone has to get back He-Man's power, it would probably be her. I'd doubt she's the main story. I'm sure the show has several events going on at once.

Also, this is based on one review? Come on.