CoD Declared best Video Game Series Of All Time -

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the new book, now in its eighth year, Guinness World Records reached out to fans and readers of their gaming edition and asked them to vote on their favourite games.

Craig Glenday, Editor in-Chief at Guinness World Records told The Independent: ‘More than 5,000 fans of the book from 140 countries across the world took to an online poll to vote for their favourite games, and the top 50 record-breaking games were featured in the book’.
I don't blame Guinness here. They polled their readers asking what their favourite games were and Call of Duty came out at #1. I think it's a little erroneous on their part to call it "best", but it being voted at #1 just indicates the quality of Guinness's readership.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Assassin's Creed #8? I'm amazed it's on the top 50. Most games in the series are garbage (okay, average). That said, I had no idea GWR was still going.

Reactions: Fevur

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
Call of Duty beats Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario Bros. to be named best ever video game series by Guinness World Records
I didn't know "best" was a thing Guinness kept track of.
maybe now they can have best car, best US president

Splendid

Ignore mods. Report and negrate their posts.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And to think that I can remember the point in time when GWR was literally found in the reference section of libraries...

• Feels
Reactions: DuskEngine

Mechanism Eight

Give us eyes.
kiwifarms.net
It's just some shitty site's opinion, it doesn't matter in the end. Call Of Duty will always wear that shitstain reputation it already has, no matter how many people actually like it.

• Agree
Reactions: Splendid

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Last time I read one of their books, they played it safe and stuck to actual records like the Tallest Dude or Most Pies Eaten. When you start talking about something that is "best" without immediately following it up with "-selling", it kind of ruins the image that your system is unbiased and fair. "Most Popular" might have been a better choice of words.

Most of these games aren't even good; Minecraft is not a series and CoD isn't really that revolutionary.
It's pretty much the same as Halo: Neither presented anything revolutionary or unprecedented, but it was the combination of all the original elements gleaned from other games into an accessible product that made them so popular. CoD's "perks" and the vast majority of its alternative game modes were pre-dated by CounterStrike mods years before Modern Warfare came about, and even then it was just RPG aspects under a different genre.

Last edited:

Broseph Stalin

Smoke a Fed for St. Herkster
kiwifarms.net
New Black Ops 3 trailer out, and uh...yeah, just watch it.

Not sure if trailer for the new Deus Ex game, or CoD is doing copypasta yet again...

Jaimas

The Spoon Slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...series-by-guinness-world-records-9843521.html

Most of these games aren't even good; Minecraft is not a series and CoD isn't really that revolutionary.
You know, I love how Guiness has become increasingly irrelevant as time has gone on.

ACCORDING TO A SAMPLE OF 5000 PEOPLE COD IS THE BEST GAME EVER, THAT MAKES IT OFFICIAL.

If I get enough people to say I have the world's largest cock, does Guiness now have to give my claim credence?

Because if so, I may need to begin a ballot-stuffing initiative.

Tags
None