Coffee - gween tea

CaptainMappy

Welcome to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7
kiwifarms.net
Coffee drinkers, how do you all take your coffee? Any particular way that you make it? Brands of coffee? Favorite mugs?

TL;DR: let's sperg about coffee.

CaptainMappy

Welcome to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7
kiwifarms.net
I like really strong dark blends, like French roasts or espresso blends. Then I add in Agave, a bit of creamer and BAM!!! Add a smoke and you have the breakfast of champions.
Fuck, that sounds real good right now. I love me a good solid French roast brewed with a French press, and a touch of cinnamon vanilla creamer.

If I'm on the road, then there's this little kiosk near my house that has some gooooood coffee.

Maiden-TieJuan

Your roving Californialand reporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck, that sounds real good right now. I love me a good solid French roast brewed with a French press, and a touch of cinnamon vanilla creamer.

If I'm on the road, then there's this little kiosk near my house that has some gooooood coffee.
French press makes the BEST COFFEE ever! Just so,ething about taking your time with it makes the end result (coffee heaven nirvana) so much better then drip or keurig. I am actually drinking me a cuppa right now.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What's the opinion on cold brewed coffee?

Just offhand it strikes me as utter plebbery, and everyone I've seen who does it is a complete douchebag.

Is there actually any merit to doing this?

• Winner
Reactions: fingerindyke

Maiden-TieJuan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the opinion on cold brewed coffee?

Just offhand it strikes me as utter plebbery, and everyone I've seen who does it is a complete douchebag.

Is there actually any merit to doing this?
Ehhhhh. It makes a slightly less bitter brew with more flavor. But you kind of have to be a connesseuer of it to taste a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Steve Mayers

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
kiwifarms.net
I only drink my coffee black. I don't like cream in my coffee much, and I hate the taste of sugar in coffee.

But coffee should be somewhat bitter. That's the point of it. It sounds like coffee for people who hate coffee.
From what I've read it's supposed to be easier on the stomach for people with acid reflux problems. Though I have acid reflux issues and I still drink my coffee the normal way.

• Agree
Reactions: CaptainMappy

Maiden-TieJuan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But coffee should be somewhat bitter. That's the point of it. It sounds like coffee for people who hate coffee.
Like @Steve Mayers said below, it makes it easier for people with stomach issues to tolerate. There is also a richer flavor, and less oils. But for me the oils and bitterness are all part of the coffee "experience", and the only reason they really do the whole Cold Brewed is to make it seem more exclusive and makes us think more time spent making it = better coffee.... Which it doesn't.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Like @Steve Mayers said below, it makes it easier for people with stomach issues to tolerate. There is also a richer flavor, and less oils.
Well, fuck people with stomach issues. Nobody cares about them. They're basically faggots, really.

So cold-brewed coffee is basically coffee for faggots.

Nobody normal should care about this shit.

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
There is also a richer flavor, and less oils. But for me the oils and bitterness are all part of the coffee "experience", and the only reason they really do the whole Cold Brewed is to make it seem more exclusive and makes us think more time spent making it = better coffee.... Which it doesn't.
Ehh. Technically it does take more time, but 99% of that time is just letting it sit in the fridge after you've added the grounds to the water. If you have a cold brew pitcher with a filtered basket you don't even need to strain the coffee. It's actually a lot easier than using a machine or a percolator.

Personally I always drink my coffee cold anyway so I've been making cold brew. I don't mind the bitterness of regular coffee but the cold brew is definitely smoother and depending on how much grounds you use, it can be really strong.

Tags
None