Coffee - gween tea

• Ongoing DDoS attack.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I made a terrible mistake- had time to kill around town last week and got me a coffee in a cheap vietnamese restaurant-
Im now looking for the equipment and beans to make that stuff at home.

Gaussiana

Central Impotent America
kiwifarms.net
Nowadays I limit my consumption of coffee to a cup a day. I've always loved coffee and had a major caffeine problem for a while. My usual tools are a small French press and a manual coffee grinder. Usually unground coffee from the store does it, although every once in a while I treat myself to better quality coffee from a specialty store. Maybe it's some placebo effect bullshit but freshly ground coffee tastes better than the stuff that is sold ground, even if it's the same brand, same roast and the same bean. I just enjoy the experience of grinding those beans.

I routinely enjoy Chemex coffee too. I stick to the single cup French press most days though. Obviously no sweeteners or cream

Acrid Alchemist

Drinker of mysterious brews
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had found some good deals on off brand large cans of coffee. It isn't great when made normally but I heard making cold brew could improve it so I tried that.

It turned out great. Just dump some of the coffee into an old kool-aid jug I had, fill with water after dinner, put it in the fridge and the next morning I just strain it into a pitcher and done. It was large improvement over my cheapo coffee maker. Plus since its been so hot I have a nice chilled beverage ready. The downside is if I make 2 liters of coffee I'll drink 2 liters of coffee instead of my usual 2 or 3 cups.

I usually drink my coffee black but one day I had some chocolate almond milk so I added it to my cold brew. Man it was really good. I will definitely do that combination again next time I pick up some more chocolate almond milk.

So I'm seriously considering looking into Mormonism as a new approach to Christianity and I would be lying if I didn't admit I was surprised they have prohibitions not just on Alcohol- but on "hot drinks" like tea and hot chocolate. However- apparently herbal infusions are OK, as well as some forms of Soda. I am a extreme caffeine addict (I need to be to do work in the Chinese time zone) and I used to binge energy drinks and southern-style brewed Ice Tea- but apparently I've found a more healthy alternative: Chaga Mushrooms. These things apparently work the same as Tea just like how Monk fruit is a better sweetener than even cane sugar. Anybody got any recipes on how I can brew these things for morning and lunch-time cocktails?

MerriedxReldnahc

Hammer Whore-er
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last shift at work I reached an important barista milestone in making my first pumpkin spice latte. I did not enjoy it at all, assumed I must have done something terribly wrong. Today I tried again with just spiced pumpkin puree, milk, and a little honey and it was much better. I still would have used way less spice in the puree but I wasn't the one who mixed it. The espresso shot from the previous attempt made everything weird.

In my short time as a barista I've gone from not liking coffee to enjoying it quite a bit, though I still can't drink it straight. I need some creaminess from milk and that's it, I'm not adding any sugar or flavorings unless I make a mocha. But I need to know how to make basic bitch drinks like pumpkin spice frappe whatever. My friend's go to drink is a blended white chocolate mexican mocha which is good, but I can't drink that much sugar.

We have a selection of locally made ice cream and I have a regular who gets affogato- a shot of espresso on a scoop of ice cream. It sounds awesome but I haven't tried it yet.

LigmaTwatz

Substitute teacher of the friggin’ year.
kiwifarms.net
I usually take mine iced; and black. But when I’m feeling crazy, I’ll use coconut milk, with unsweetened sizzurp.

MerriedxReldnahc

Hammer Whore-er
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Achivement unlocked, drank and enjoyed straight black coffee! We've had a french press at work but I've never had anyone order it and just haven't experimented with it. Today is very quiet so I decided to try it.
I've been told our coffee is awesome, it's from a local company that's been around for a long time and I've liked every bean mix/blend I've tried from them.
20211017_142413.jpg
(Also as an update on my terrible pumpkin spice latte, I told my manager that I either did it terribly wrong or it's just a really overrated drink and his response was "maybe, but also yes".
I've made several since and they were far better.)

fhqwhgads

stave it off, one two three
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to think I hated coffee -- drank it anyway for the sweet, sweet caffeine -- but turns out I was just having shitty coffee all along. Nice beans, an electric grinder, and an aeropress later, and now I look forward to my morning coffee every day.

I also tried it with oat milk once on a whim, and now I don't drink it with anything else. The brand I use is quite creamy. Really complements the taste.

asr

kiwifarms.net
I usually prefer naturally processed Ethiopian coffee beans (shit naturally tastes so sweet to my bitter palate) so I take it black. Preferred method of brewing is either V60 or frenchpress depending on level of laziness, time crunch, and volume needed.

iloveallah

kiwifarms.net
Folgers Original, 1/2 cup of grounds per 7 cups of water, automatic drip brewer, with ice, sometimes with dunkin donuts creamer but usually just black

somethingmcsomething

kiwifarms.net
I usually prefer naturally processed Ethiopian coffee beans (shit naturally tastes so sweet to my bitter palate) so I take it black. Preferred method of brewing is either V60 or frenchpress depending on level of laziness, time crunch, and volume needed.

Dry process Africans are the best, for sure. Almost always chemex for me lately, but that could change any time.

purple mattress

kiwifarms.net
starting trying more "fancy" coffees, if you dislike coffee that tastes like coffee i recommend buying this stuff. i kinda prefer the bitter stuff, helps me wake up more.

shopping.jpg

Elaine Miller

Pathological liar. BPD thot. Aroused by attention.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol are you telling me that drinking caffeinated coffee doesn’t immediately result in a 5 hour panic attack, the shivers, followed by consecutive trips to the bathroom?

How are any of you even coping with drinking caffeine? I want that skill and I’m jealous.

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
kiwifarms.net
Lol are you telling me that drinking caffeinated coffee doesn’t immediately result in a 5 hour panic attack, the shivers, followed by consecutive trips to the bathroom?
eh, i drank 500mg of caffeine by accident and began feeling like that

but that was energy drinks, which i now know to drink responsibly