Coffee - gween tea

Crocketron

Your friendly eldricth horror
kiwifarms.net
Black as pitch, either hot and cold coffees. though I end up over drinking more coffee than I should.

Mesh Gear Fox

Making plutonium from common household items
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Iced coffee is my thing. Even when it's the middle of winter, I love it.

DietMtnDew

kiwifarms.net
I lived by Dunkin Donuts before I moved to Minnesota. Now there are barely any around and I have to make it at home or be a bougie bitch and spend 5 bucks at caribou where their idea of iced coffee is hot coffee watered down with ice. Makes me big mad.

• Feels
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to make a quick guide for brewing coffee like a nerd, the point of this will hopefully be quick to the point as I imagine you will google more details on your own. Any questions I'm happy to answer.

Do I need a Burr Grinder?
Yes, yes you do. By having a Burr Grinder you can buy Whole Bean Coffee in bulk which is more economical. Whole Bean stays fresher than Pre-Ground Coffee and the good quality coffees tend to be sold Whole Bean.

Do I need a fancy Tea Kettle with adjustable temperatures?
It's nice to have for tea but for coffee no not really. Just bring the water to a boil and then pour the hot water once it stops bubbling, once the bubbling has stopped the water will immmediately be around the optimal 205 Fahrenheit.

What Brewing Device should I use?
Two most popular methods are French Press and Chemex. They're both great because of their simplistic design and that they're easy to clean. I used to prefer my French Press but now have gravitated towards Chemex which to me gives a cleaner coffee. Be aware that the Chemex is significantly more expensive in the long run as you pay roughly 12 cents a paper filter. Paying 12 cents extra is worth it to me though as I no longer have to clean coffee grinds from the sink.

How much should I be paying at the end?
My Burr Grinder is 5 years old and cost me $200 new, my Chemex was $50, French Press $40. So you're in the ballpark of spending $300 for equipment and after that all you have to pay for is Coffee Beans and Filters. If you're a daily coffee drinker that's a small investment and you'll without a doubt save money in the long run.

qu_rahn

kiwifarms.net
lol @ $200 grinder

I got my Krups grinder from the thrift store for 2 dollars. They're $15 new.

I've had it for 3 years, works great

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Cardenio

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol @ $200 grinder

I got my Krups grinder from the thrift store for 2 dollars. They're $15 new.

I've had it for 3 years, works great
Yeah, oversight on my part Burr grinder is only neccessary on Non-Filtered Coffee Brewing techniques. So you're sticking to old school drip or the Chemex then you can use blade.

Blade vs Burr: Burr Grinder gives a uniform grind and is the only way to make sure your coffee is fine enough for Espresso and Turkish Coffee. I would not use Blade for French Press else you'll likely end up with some nasty muddy coffee.

Overcast

King of :'(
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been drinking my coffee almost exclusively black now. Less stuff I have to do to get my fix I suppose.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordon Cole

GrotesqueBushes

MEAT ROBOT
kiwifarms.net
Free. I'll drink whatever my current employer provides, usually half and half with milk to kill the flavour of ass and regret you get from workplace coffee. At home I drink tea.

TheghostofAlfred

Cry in the face of the great laughing gate
kiwifarms.net
Free. I'll drink whatever my current employer provides, usually half and half with tard cum to kill the flavour of ass and regret you get from workplace coffee. At home I drink tea.
Discounted I make mine at home with whatever kpods I get on discount. Call me basic but pumpkin spice is my favorite.

GrotesqueBushes

MEAT ROBOT
kiwifarms.net
Discounted I make mine at home with whatever kpods I get on discount. Call me basic but pumpkin spice is my favorite.
Dunno about Keurig, my office orders Nescafe pods. Each and every flavor is a bouquet of battery acid, shame, bitterness and seldom cleaned industrial plumbing. Vanilla and Caramel plus a ton of milk makes it palatable.

TheghostofAlfred

kiwifarms.net
Dunno about Keurig, my office orders Nescafe pods. Each and every flavor is a bouquet of battery acid, shame, bitterness and seldom cleaned industrial plumbing. Vanilla and Caramel plus a ton of tard cum makes it palatable.
Had a nespresso machine at home tasted like ass. Keurig is better.

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I learned to blend different kinf of coffees at home for different tastes and go for Italian brands always.

I should be working

Someone in the office keeps stealing my pens.
kiwifarms.net
Voortrekker Coffee:
Step 1: Crush Coffee Beans with back of wooden spoon.
Step 2: Toss Coffee Beans into iron kettle with cold water.
Step 3: Bring to boil.
Step 4: Poor into mug.
Step 5: Drink.

Dad used to make it like this when we went camping, beans were cheaper than instant back then.
I've Enjoyed drinking it like this ever since.

Reactions: Gesalich
It needs to be said.

I like my coffee like I like my women.

Dark, bitter, and cold on the inside.

I reality though I prefer good fresh ground coffee made in a press, though considering where I live instant is the norm unless it's a weekend I usually won't go through the ritual and opt for that instead.

I usually prefer milk with sugar, but recently I've been enjoying just having a nice black cup of dark roast.

General Disarray

Mmm ... spooky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Way back when Gevalia used to give you samples with free shit like mugs and coffee carafes, they had a selection called Celebes (also called Sulawesi). I'm coming into a little money soon and I think I am going to splurge on a pound. I use half-and-half and a little sugar in mine, which I know isn't the best tack to take with a specialty coffee, but it's still damn good. Expensive as hell though, like over $20 per pound.
Oh well I am treating myself anyway.

TheghostofAlfred

kiwifarms.net
Black roast freshly brewed a splash of heavy cream some sugar and a dash of cinnamon if im bored. Otherwise pumpkin spice creamer no cinnamon.

Tags
None