Colbert Report Grieving Thread - Life Before Trump Derangement Syndrome

SSF2T Old User

True peace can only be found in the cold darkness
kiwifarms.net
>Colbert Report
>having anything good in it

Nein. He was never funny.
None of them. Colbert is talentless and unfunny. The pandemic has proven that.
"Delete This"
deletethis.jpg

Never understood why people like Colbert.

Even was high hanging out with my stoner friend who put it on and I still didn't get the appeal.
I believe it was a combination of "Strangers With Candy" and "The Daily Show". He might have been funnier back then, but I wouldn't know, anytime Lewis Black came on he was 100x better than whatever Colbert was doing.

Last edited:

The Shadow

How about a bumper sandwich, Boogerlips?
kiwifarms.net
"Delete This"
View attachment 1669063

I believe it was a combination of "Strangers With Candy" and "The Daily Show". He might have been funnier back then, but I wouldn't know, anytime Lewis Black came on he was 100x better than whatever Colbert was doing.
Honestly, he was shilled hard by mainstream old media back when people still trusted them as tastemakers.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well while even playing the retard he was able to stump Sarkeesian.
I've said this before on the Farms, but it was interesting - and noticeable - that even though he was playing an idiot blowhard, he still managed to out-argue a number of the lefties who went on the show. He was intentionally giving them softballs, and a number of them couldn't state their position better than a character written to look stupid.

I do think it was a good show. It had a lot of clever segments and even some very informative ones done in a funny way - the stuff on all forms of PACs was well done, and as mentioned before he handled an early cancellation by one angry Asian lady and the subsequent woke army very well.

TDS - Trump Derangement not The Daily Show - really has ruined most forms of political comedy, and I can't see how The Colbert Report could have continued. But while I don't like or watch what he's doing now, that doesn't mean he wasn't good in the past, and I thought after the few months it took to find its legs, the show was some reliably good satire that didn't sacrifice humour for political correctness.

I dunno. I liked it, and am retroactively glad I didn't see what it became in the Age of Trump. He was also one of my big canaries in the coal mine with that Suey Park stuff, because of how little it took, how eager the mob was to hate him, how they didn't care about the truth and how even though they were wrong, for years afterwards the SJWs couldn't let a mention of his name go by without bringing up the lies they'd spread about him as if they were established fact. I think it was the first time I really saw, with first-hand knowledge and all the facts in hand, the pattern we have seen played out thousands upon thousands of times since.

There were always jokes and rumours about people who watched the show because they agreed with him, not realising he was a character. Turns out, the people making those jokes think every white man is Secret Hitler and that all satire is just a way of saying what you really believe. Funny how that level of projection is a constant for zealots no matter their views.

break these cuffs

An icy fear creeps into your heart
kiwifarms.net
I've said this before on the Farms, but it was interesting - and noticeable - that even though he was playing an idiot blowhard, he still managed to out-argue a number of the lefties who went on the show. He was intentionally giving them softballs, and a number of them couldn't state their position better than a character written to look stupid.
One of my favorite interviews was a black woman peddling her book and some woke race critical bullshit. He made a quip about how civil rights leaders like MLK would appreciate that we're now judging people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character. I remember her being hilariously dumbfounded. This was 15-20 years ago and little did we know it was a glimpse into the future.