Cold dinners -

Space Lobster Bat

Only Weakness: Boiling Water
kiwifarms.net
Depends. Chicken Ceaser or a Cobb salad would only really be good cold. Any larger salad really.

Most sandwiches I tend to prefer cold as well.

Reactions: XYZpdq

rigors

kiwifarms.net
Only if I'm having a chicken salad or something.

Easy to batch cook a bunch of meals on a Sunday or whenever you have a day off. Takes 1-2 hours and you can have homemade meals to heat up all week.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes when lazy. Get packs of ham/salami/smoked salmon, butter, dips, and chilli sauces. Lots of bread/toast. Might fried or poach an egg, but that's it for hot food. Something about having eggs and cold cuts on toast for dinner with chilli sauce/harissa that is nice.

Reactions: オウム 2

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
Tuna salad is a cold one-dish dinner! Eating it right now

Noodles (shell noodles are my favorite although I am currently eating it with spaghetti noodles)
Peas
Canned Tuna
Cream of Mushroom soup (or you can alternate for a bit of whipping cream that you season, or mayo, if you’re in a pinch without the soup)

Boil and cook the noodles in a pot on the stove, if using frozen peas add them halfway through, then drain and remove from heat; drain the tuna juice and give it to your cat, shred the tuna into the pot with the noodles and add the cream of mushroom and fresh peas if using those. You can eat it now and put the rest in the fridge for later, it’s meant to be eaten cold. This is the base for the general taste - you may add other vegetables if desired.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of chicken salad I'm probably gonna make my own with sour cream as the base instead of mayo because mayo kinda sucks.
Any tips on this idea?

Jaded Optimist

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll make ceviche occasionally in the summer if I have a good day on the water (prawns, rockfish, etc). It's nice with a salad or cold soba salad for dinner when it's hot out.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

JYBlowsIt

>8|
kiwifarms.net
Garbanzo beans with garlic, olive oil, and sliced cucumber. Feta optional. I've been having that for dinner a lot recently.

BEANS, MOTHERFUCKER.

Oh I completely forgot: Lemon zest is also optional but holy hell does it take this to the next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Quoookie

kiwifarms.net
Had some honey ham, spicy hungarian salami, mozzarella and swiss cheeses...put them on crackers. Just cut up the meat and cheese a lil. Simple and quick dinner. Heat wave is gonna last awhile and plus getting drunk so LESS IS MORE for the belly.

Papa Adolfo's Take'n'Bake

It's screamin' good.
kiwifarms.net
My warm weqther meals are usually all variations of:
A chef salad
Chicken (pan cooked in flax seed oil.)
Fresh Mozzarella
Spring mix
Salad tomatoes (raw tomatoes are good. Fight me irl.)
Sauteed and chilled white onion and radish
Sliced bell pepper

With chilled rosé in a frosted wine glass.

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to get nagged all the time about my indifference to eating cold leftovers. I had to eat "cold" MRE's all the time, food turned into something to sate hunger and give energy. Not something I would sit down and enjoy.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
My mom used to HATE cooking in the summer. So while when it was school season or winter we had home cooked hot meals. Every summer unless we went out to eat it was Tuna fish or pb and J foe dinner or salad or anything that didn't require Turing the stove/oven on

She was still a good cook though

Tags
None