Cold dinners

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Every Sunday afternoon I cook a joint of ham and a chicken. It gives me cold cuts for the week and bones for stock. I can get a few good cold meat and salads, some soups and maybe a pie out of all that.

Orion Balls

Woogie Woo!
kiwifarms.net
It's too damn hot to cook. We do a lot of cold suppers in summer. My favorite is using the leftovers from my rotisserie chickens to make curried chicken salad.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Tip: make homemade mayo because it will actually taste good.
Personally I don't see Sour Cream working as a base. It's too tart. By all means marinade or dry rub your chicken mexican style and serve it with a sour cream based dressing. That'd be amazing, maybe a chili and lime marinade with smoked sweet paprika.

I do something similar where I stuff a whole chicken with lime wedges and red chillis and rub its skin with paprika, salt and marjoram, wrap it tightly in foil and slow bake it until cooked. I think thinly slice it and serve it with a peppery rocket salad and maybe a few jalapeno poppers, nachos and a side of sour cream dip.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
It depends on what you like, but I tend to keep charcuterie stuff in the fridge like salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, chorizo that kind of thing along with whatever cheese you like. If you're feeling frisky you can have some smoked oysters, olives, nuts. If I'm not feeling like cooking I'll just put that out and some "fixins" like Branston pickle, tapenade, hot mustard, horseradish with crusty bread or crackers. You can go nuts with pate or nduja. I try to make it like a tapas kind of night. I find that I don't really eat a lot of it because it's so rich so that's an added bonus.

You can't go wrong with a salad. You could get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and us it at your protein and you can even get super basic and buy one of those prepackaged salads that do all the work for you and just add the chicken.

Very Clever Nickname

i'll watch your sheep tonight
kiwifarms.net
Salads in the summer when it's just too hot to want to cook a meal. Or a supermarket meal deal sandwich if I'm on the go and need to eat something for dinner quickly.

SirenBrain

kiwifarms.net
Cold dinner is pretty standard for me. Usually vegetable stuff, cheese, and cured meats with lots of water.

Miss Misery

Supposed Sigma Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of chicken salad I'm probably gonna make my own with sour cream as the base instead of mayo because mayo kinda sucks.
Any tips on this idea?
I love sour cream and I'm mayo ambivalent. I make my potato salad with half mayo, half sour cream and it's awesome. You might need to fuss with the 50/50 ratio a bit to find what works best for you, but I've found that all sour cream/no mayo doesn't work well. You need the mayo as a binder. And speaking of binders, try adding a minced hard boiled egg (along with the minced onion, celery, whatever else you add for seasoning).

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love sour cream and I'm mayo ambivalent. I make my potato salad with half mayo, half sour cream and it's awesome. You might need to fuss with the 50/50 ratio a bit to find what works best for you, but I've found that all sour cream/no mayo doesn't work well. You need the mayo as a binder. And speaking of binders, try adding a minced hard boiled egg (along with the minced onion, celery, whatever else you add for seasoning).
makes sense, like how a cheese sauce that's all-velveeta sucks, but throwing in some can make a lot of other cheese sauces keep from separating