Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - Debate about Ethan and other shit here

elkinbub

kiwifarms.net
The callers were all autistic speds as per usual, so no. Some accusations were thrown around by a couple of callers but there was no conclusive proof of anything so nothing game-changing happened. It was still fun though.
I didn't listen to much of it. It was the usual stuff. Like many narcissists, EVS has more charisma than his critics, so bystanders unfamiliar with the situation (Ethan Ralph) will take his side.

Imagine Hillary Clinton on NPR fielding brief accusations from amped-up Alex Jones listeners. Who do you think would come off as the more mature party?

EVS said he "introduced Doug Tennapel to crowdfunding". This is another complete lie. Doug has had many Kickstarters going back to 2012. Did Ethan Ralph fact check this? No. Did any of the callers have enough time or composure to look up this information? Not that I heard. All you have to do is type "doug tennapel kickstarter" and multiple projects from 2012, 2013, etc come right up. But the nature of the interview didn't allow for this. So instead EVS gets to assert that he "introduced Doug to crowdfunding" and this is allowed to stand as truth.

He pretended to be stunned, hurt and surprised when Doug didn't thank him at SDCC. He spent all of June trying to get Doug branded a homophobe, and later he continued to ask leading questions like "Is Earthworm Jim pro-gay?", trying to bait Doug into saying something "hateful" that would get him deplatformed. When Doug didn't take the bait, EVS went one step further and acted offended that he didn't get a thank-you. A few months earlier, Doug dedicated Bigfoot Bill to him, but that wasn't good enough, apparently. Was any of this brought up? Not that I heard. EVS was just allowed to dance around the facts as usual, act like a victim, etc.

Weird how a virtual army of CG creators and fans have left the movement due to EVS's constant drama and control-freak tendencies, but it's NEVER EVS's fault at all. Wow, weird huh, in every single case these people just randomly "got weird" on EVS, left, don't want anything to do with him, don't want anything to do with CG, and none of it is ever EVER EVAR EVS's fault. Not in the slightest!

Weird how "getting EVS on to talk about comicsgate" results in "EVS talking about himself." It's about him, not about "saving comics".

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
I didn't listen to much of it. It was the usual stuff. Like many narcissists, EVS has more charisma than his critics, so bystanders unfamiliar with the situation (Ethan Ralph) will take his side.

Imagine Hillary Clinton on NPR fielding brief accusations from amped-up Alex Jones listeners. Who do you think would come off as the more mature party?

EVS said he "introduced Doug Tennapel to crowdfunding". This is another complete lie. Doug has had many Kickstarters going back to 2012. Did Ethan Ralph fact check this? No. Did any of the callers have enough time or composure to look up this information? Not that I heard. All you have to do is type "doug tennapel kickstarter" and multiple projects from 2012, 2013, etc come right up. But the nature of the interview didn't allow for this. So instead EVS gets to assert that he "introduced Doug to crowdfunding" and this is allowed to stand as truth.

He pretended to be stunned, hurt and surprised when Doug didn't thank him at SDCC. He spent all of June trying to get Doug branded a homophobe, and later he continued to ask leading questions like "Is Earthworm Jim pro-gay?", trying to bait Doug into saying something "hateful" that would get him deplatformed. When Doug didn't take the bait, EVS went one step further and acted offended that he didn't get a thank-you. A few months earlier, Doug dedicated Bigfoot Bill to him, but that wasn't good enough, apparently. Was any of this brought up? Not that I heard. EVS was just allowed to dance around the facts as usual, act like a victim, etc.

Weird how a virtual army of CG creators and fans have left the movement due to EVS's constant drama and control-freak tendencies, but it's NEVER EVS's fault at all. Wow, weird huh, in every single case these people just randomly "got weird" on EVS, left, don't want anything to do with him, don't want anything to do with CG, and none of it is ever EVER EVAR EVS's fault. Not in the slightest!

Weird how "getting EVS on to talk about comicsgate" results in "EVS talking about himself." It's about him, not about "saving comics".
I wouldn't say Ralph was necessarily on his side but in general Ralph isn't going to hardball anyone he brings onto the show unless he feels directly threatened or insulted because he sees this format where a guest is brought on to talk about some controversy they're involved in as a forum for debate/drama between the guest and callers with Ralph's opening interview being a jumping off point for calls rather than the meat of the show. He sees himself as a Jerry Springer type "moderator" for drama as opposed to a hard-hitting interviewer.

I don't doubt that there are legitimate concerns about EVS, and EVS didn't address everything in a satisfactory way, but as a whole last night's callers did a terrible job of stating their case even if they managed to make a couple of scattered points. To me that doesn't vindicate or condemn EVS, it just means that the ones who came on the show wanting to call him out last night weren't prepared to do it in a convincing way on their own because they mistakenly assumed Ralph would do the grilling for them.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say Ralph was necessarily on his side but in general Ralph isn't going to hardball anyone he brings onto the show unless he feels directly threatened or insulted because he sees this format where a guest is brought on to talk about some controversy they're involved in as a forum for debate/drama between the guest and callers with Ralph's opening interview being a jumping off point for calls rather than the meat of the show. He sees himself as a Jerry Springer type "moderator" for drama as opposed to a hard-hitting interviewer.

I don't doubt that there are legitimate concerns about EVS, and EVS didn't address everything in a satisfactory way, but as a whole last night's callers did a terrible job of stating their case even if they managed to make a couple of scattered points. To me that doesn't vindicate or condemn EVS, it just means that the ones who came on the show wanting to call him out last night weren't prepared to do it in a convincing way on their own because they mistakenly assumed Ralph would do the grilling for them.
Didn't one of those idiots keep trying to push the claim that EVS only did 17 pages of Cyberfrog even though he's already shown the book? The people who have beef with the frogman aren't sending their best. And the hell is wrong with Ralph's new co-host, he kept pushing edgy jokes but he's about as clever as a teenager. It was more annoying if anything.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
Didn't one of those idiots keep trying to push the claim that EVS only did 17 pages of Cyberfrog even though he's already shown the book? The people who have beef with the frogman aren't sending their best. And the hell is wrong with Ralph's new co-host, he kept pushing edgy jokes but he's about as clever as a teenager. It was more annoying if anything.
In general the main issues of the detractors were being too emotional and not being ready to present evidence rather than just making statements. Most of the chat thought comicsgate was exceptional as a concept and they still laughed at the callers more than at EVS because the callers were just that lackluster.

As for randbot, him being a drunken aussie spastic is his whole schtick. I think it's funny in that the gag becomes less about the things he says and more about Ralph worrying that the next thing Rand says might get him kicked off dlive, but it's an acquired taste I guess. He's not a full-time cohost but appears at least a couple of times a week.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
In general the main issues of the detractors were being too emotional and not being ready to present evidence rather than just making statements. Most of the chat thought comicsgate was exceptional as a concept and they still laughed at the callers more than at EVS because the callers were just that lackluster.

As for randbot, him being a drunken aussie spastic is his whole schtick. I think it's funny in that the gag becomes less about the things he says and more about Ralph worrying that the next thing Rand says might get him kicked off dlive, but it's an acquired taste I guess. He's not a full-time cohost but appears at least a couple of times a week.
I guess that could be a funny gimmick, but listening to someone trying to force edgy jokes for the sake of edge isn't my bag. Felt distracting

L

LL 196

kiwifarms.net
Finally had a chance to watch the killstream. It's easier to conduct gay-ops and engage in backchannel whisper dealings than bring allegations up front. Even Ralph and the co-host pointed out that the critics brought absolutely nothing to the table. And then there was the caller who had someone in the background coaching them on what to say.

I guess the autism causes his critics to focus on irrelevant pointless minutia and then spin that minutia into transparent lies. If they wanted to criticize Warcampaign then just point out that Warcampaign betrayed EVS three times;
  1. Ro Lied about wanting JDA's head,
  2. Praetorian and other were invoking EVS name to justify behavior,
  3. they kept quiet about invoking EVS' name
and saved him from betrayal 0 times.

Instead it's stupid shit like "you only have 17 pages done" or whatever the fuck Rumble Terrier was whining about. Not that it matters because EVS isn't giving orders to warcampaign. If every allegation about WC was true all EVS could say is "I don't condone that", which he's done multiple times.

TombaHat

kiwifarms.net
I guess the autism causes his critics to focus on irrelevant pointless minutia and then spin that minutia into transparent lies. If they wanted to criticize Warcampaign then just point out that Warcampaign betrayed EVS three times;
  1. Ro Lied about wanting JDA's head,
  2. Praetorian and other were invoking EVS name to justify behavior,
  3. they kept quiet about invoking EVS' name
and saved him from betrayal 0 times.
Well shit I wish I had known that part. I suppose I did bring up the second point kind of though I wish I could have worded it better, but I guess hes got warcampaign on notice and I saw one of them, the edwin guy, demanding a refund from Ethan. Personal issues of him focusing more on drama instead of art videos aside (he made a lot of money on brie Larson videos so it sucks but I get it) I only came on to try and help him understand why WC if left unchecked was bad for him in the long term. I think hes naive when it comes to some aspects of the internet but I was kind of shocked at how out for blood the other callers were.

Except rumble, I knew what was going to happen to rumble the moment he came in.

Anyways @FROG the post at the end of the last page sums up the point I was trying to get across.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: LateNightComics

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Well shit I wish I had known that part. I suppose I did bring up the second point kind of though I wish I could have worded it better, but I guess hes got warcampaign on notice and I saw one of them, the edwin guy, demanding a refund from Ethan. Personal issues of him focusing more on drama instead of art videos aside (he made a lot of money on brie Larson videos so it sucks but I get it) I only came on to try and help him understand why WC if left unchecked was bad for him in the long term. I think hes naive when it comes to some aspects of the internet but I was kind of shocked at how out for blood the other callers were.

Except rumble, I knew what was going to happen to rumble the moment he came in.

Anyways @FROG the post at the end of the last page sums up the point I was trying to get across.
They're "out for blood" mostly because weird creeps have convinced them that I'm an evil gay ops mastermind stomping on fans using War Campaign to make dick memes and call people "turkey necks." Plus, they're extremely stupid internet clowns who want believe fun lies rather than boring truths.

I really enjoy making the Star Wars pop culture videos, and yes, they make me pretty good money. They pay all the household bills and don't take too much time out of my day. I know some people would rather have art videos, and I do those occasionally.

I needed a breather after BLOODHONEY. Just did a couple of VAMPI variants and random stuff. But I'm back at work now, doing the CYBERFROG sequel and REIGNBOW THE BRUTE at my desk. I'll probably be back to doing nightly livestreams promoting my IGGs and fewer short form videos while I create these projects.

Space_Ghost

kiwifarms.net
They're "out for blood" mostly because weird creeps have convinced them that I'm an evil gay ops mastermind stomping on fans using War Campaign to make dick memes and call people "turkey necks." Plus, they're extremely stupid internet clowns who want believe fun lies rather than boring truths.

I really enjoy making the Star Wars pop culture videos, and yes, they make me pretty good money. They pay all the household bills and don't take too much time out of my day. I know some people would rather have art videos, and I do those occasionally.

I needed a breather after BLOODHONEY. Just did a couple of VAMPI variants and random stuff. But I'm back at work now, doing the CYBERFROG sequel and REIGNBOW THE BRUTE at my desk. I'll probably be back to doing nightly livestreams promoting my IGGs and fewer short form videos while I create these projects.
I would have pressed on the Doug Tennapel shit more since you obviously lied about the whole timeline of it.
1. The anti-Christian shit came in June with the Miller pride month comment you sperged about.
2. You apologized to Miller for it.
3. The SDCC non shoutout happened and you sperged about it.
4. Called Tennapel Anti Gay after accusing him of using you for your audience even though BFBill is dedicated to you.
5. Called Tennapel transphobic in a response to Edwin Boyette.
6. He blocked you. You sperged.
Then on the killstream you made it all about the June incident and not that you're a petty asshole who was upset about SDCC.

I have to admit that Rumble Terrier shit was funny asf. I think he went in there not giving a fuck at all. Even made you dodge a point. He asked you about the false accusations that wc hit Brad Ashworth and JDA with and you red herringed it by bringing up the Amazing Adam weirdo. Nice dodge Ethan.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
I have to admit that Rumble Terrier shit was funny asf. I think he went in there not giving a fuck at all. Even made you dodge a point. He asked you about the false accusations that wc hit Brad Ashworth and JDA with and you red herringed it by bringing up the Amazing Adam weirdo. Nice dodge Ethan.
Rumble Terrier came off as an obsessed faggot.

Period.

edwin_boyette

kiwifarms.net

Period.

Period.
I didn’t listen to this but we often forget people who don’t stream or perform get stage fright.

I’ve been trying to avoid embarrrasing anyone but I’m debating just displaying all the evidence I have including the recordings I’ve been given,

CG is becoming like a cult in then people who have left are detached from it, are still being systematically harrassed, small creators are being intimidated, and fans are being treated more poorly than they ever were by mainstream comics - from a business perspective this is a losing proposition because adult consumers will not pay a premium to be treated poorly for long.

Many of the problems you are contesting with are a direct result of extended harassment of fans.

Bad behaviour doesn’t justify bad behaviour.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Way worse than the first one. Is Cyberfrog not allowed to be on the same plane as Vampirella?
Maybe? Or he might just want Vampirella to be the focus since it is her book.

I didn’t listen to this but we often forget people who don’t stream or perform get stage fright.

I’ve been trying to avoid embarrrasing anyone but I’m debating just displaying all the evidence I have including the recordings I’ve been given,

CG is becoming like a cult in then people who have left are detached from it, are still being systematically harrassed, small creators are being intimidated, and fans are being treated more poorly than they ever were by mainstream comics - from a business perspective this is a losing proposition because adult consumers will not pay a premium to be treated poorly for long.

Many of the problems you are contesting with are a direct result of extended harassment of fans.

If it will expose bad actors, clear the air with that info

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net

Edwin, you've got to display all the evidence. I don't know why you wouldn't. Embarrass whoever has turned you into this.

As for stage fright, look, one of these guys has been stalking me since he lost a very strange debate with me on Rekieta's show an entire year ago. He's got his own YouTube channel in which he gathers the people who have turned you into a haunted mess and tells them I kidnapped my wife and I'm gay, etc etc. This dude called in and told me I was "going to the gas chamber, Ethan."

BTW, that dude's brother called in later! I didn't realize they were a brother act, but you can hear one coaching the other in the background. After he and his brother told me I was going to be gassed, dude wanted to know why I block people on twitter. You can't make this shit up.

These guys aren't intimidated fans. Most of them had received the narrative that I was trying to call Doug TenNapel homophobic to get him to say homophobic things and get himself fired, and wanted to yell at me about that. The rest had various other conspiracy theories about me that sounded good in their hugboxes, but fucking stupid spoken aloud to an audience.

You should probably listen to the show. They didn't have "stage fright." They're autistic and they're being assholes.

All of this being said, this is the internet. And these are customers. If they want to clown, cherry and war campaign on one another, other pros, or me, that's the internet, Edwin. I guess we need to wear helmets. Or stay off the internet.

Please find it in you to display ALL of the evidence you have, and do it promptly. You're contributing to this by alluding darkly to factual material that would make all of this clear to everyone, while sitting on it. Imaginations run wild.

You do the same, sir. Run wild and show people the evidence.

Last edited:

LateNightComics

I died in the comic book.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
I told you this was happening over a year ago and you're just now figuring it out? CG is gay ops run by Ethan. Bottom line.
He's just a salty butthurt sperg now that his bullshit is exposed down to TUG's fap folder with dick pics of Ethans enemies.
Ethan, you won't go to the gas chamber bro don't worry look at what happened to Epstein.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
This dude called in and told me I was "going to the gas chamber, Ethan."
you went to a gunt stream, what do you expect? his audience is the Bodensatz of society.
his claim to fame is that he was the host of a show jim liked to join from time to time.
its just a terrible show with terrible viewers since Jim decided that Ralph is to much of a sperg,

L

LL 196

kiwifarms.net

With all due respect, you are a hypocritical coward. And that's the most positive interpretation of your conduct. If you have evidence present it and stop indulging in a whisper network promoted in backhannels, while acting as an apologist for secrecy and shadowed insinuation. All the bad behaviors you claim to decry.
Provide:
  1. Who...
  2. said what...
  3. while speaking to whom.
Otherwise shut up and go away. And yes, the "while speaking to whom" is relevant.

We already have 3 or 4 people trying to turn this thread into a depository for gay ops the same way renfamous and SJWspiderman tried with 4-chan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino