Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - Debate about Ethan and other shit here

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I understand that you have to do some PR speak, but do you really think this is believable? As if there's a chance that you would say anything else. As if you would honestly say "I misjudged the deadline", "I'm wasting time on YouTube". Fuck, dude you still have a cropped up moon on your official preview as well as a digital smudge for one of the space panels with other parts of the space looking completely digital too (or at least they just don't mash with the ship and the asteroid belt).
I like Kyle Ritter's coloring work quite a bit. I think he's done an excellent job. Might not be perfect, but it surpasses most comics published today. And he's improving rapidly. REIGNBOW the BRUTE will be better, and CYBERFROG 2 will be better still.

Of course I misjudged the deadline. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I'd be able to produce this comic in the same amount of time as I'd bang out the art for two issues of GREEN LANTERN. I'd never done this before. First time.

But it's four issues worth of material that took a year to complete, writing, penciling and inking. That's not TOO different from a busy year's worth of work at DC Comics for me, historically. The art is better than anything I've ever done. That's a promise. It's slaved over and meaningful to me. People will enjoy it. I hope they like the story too, but I'm an amateur writer. I'm working at it.

The entire marketing premise of ComicsGate is YouTube. There's no such thing as "wasting time" on that platform. It's about staying connected to a customer base. Offering daily entertainment with your comic book as the commercial.

It sounds like you ordered the book, I'll be interested in your thoughts when you receive it!

Zigzag

Bitch in the box
kiwifarms.net
I like Kyle Ritter's coloring work quite a bit. I think he's done an excellent job. Might not be perfect, but it surpasses most comics published today. And he's improving rapidly. REIGNBOW the BRUTE will be better, and CYBERFROG 2 will be better still.

Of course I misjudged the deadline. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I'd be able to produce this comic in the same amount of time as I'd bang out the art for two issues of GREEN LANTERN. I'd never done this before. First time.

But it's four issues worth of material that took a year to complete, writing, penciling and inking. That's not TOO different from a busy year's worth of work at DC Comics for me, historically. The art is better than anything I've ever done. That's a promise. It's slaved over and meaningful to me. People will enjoy it. I hope they like the story too, but I'm an amateur writer. I'm working at it.

The entire marketing premise of ComicsGate is YouTube. There's no such thing as "wasting time" on that platform. It's about staying connected to a customer base. Offering daily entertainment with your comic book as the commercial.

It sounds like you ordered the book, I'll be interested in your thoughts when you receive it!
If we get it. A little birdie told me your having trouble attaching the covers is this true???

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: LateNightComics

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net

Kyle is ABSOLUTELY amazing, and Kyles book looks insane

Odets

kiwifarms.net
I like Kyle Ritter's coloring work quite a bit. I think he's done an excellent job. Might not be perfect, but it surpasses most comics published today.
Wait, I didn't said anything about the colorist, I just mentioned things that raised my eyebrow a couple of times, while I was reading the preview of a book you hype as your own Hamlet. Didn't even critique the whole coloring work. You just backhandedly threw the guy under the bus by communicating to us that all that weirdness is absolutely just his fault alone, but luckily you don't hold the grudge. Terrible executive move and a thing to say too. It doesn't even matter since you are completely in charge - everything is your fault. There's no editor, no bigger company that owns your publishing, no larger universe to keep track of, no crossover on the horizon that would require preparation in your story. Everything is on you and your friend/team. "Your", meaning your responsibility.

Of course I misjudged the deadline. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I'd be able to produce this comic in the same amount of time as I'd bang out the art for two issues of GREEN LANTERN. I'd never done this before.
It's really nice that you are admitting the mistake with the deadline. It really is. But I don't buy that Green Lantern stuff. There's no way DC would allow you to produce just two GL books and nothing else in the entier year without any real life shenanigans being involved. This is something you should try on your Star Wars part of fandom, who didn't read much comics before or on Reddit where people believe every rumor.

But it's four issues worth of material that took a year to complete, writing, penciling and inking. That's not TOO different from a busy year's worth of work at DC Comics for me, historically.
But there you would've released something by this point. Cyberfrog is late even as a 8th issue of a regular mini. You are printing (not even releasing) a 4th issue when theoretically the 8th one should be in stores. This is way past "polishing" and is straight up "was/is in development hell" territory. "I care" ain't gonna cut it at this point for many people.

There is, when your "marketing" can take 10-13 hours per week in live-streaming plus social media BS on top of that. No one likes overblown, overstayed or aggressive marketing . Especially those who already bought your stuff. It makes people feel like you are just blowing a giant bubble of a company that barely has anything but "marketing". And that's me being generous in calling that a marketing since a lot of those hours aren't about the product or comics at all.

L

LL 196

kiwifarms.net
So is EVS the Brianna Wu of comics?
Disregarding Wu’s comics.
I can't really say that. EVS, slow as he may be, is a talented artist and he didn't get 130k followers on YT by having the personality of pod person simulating humanity.

John Walker Flynt is coasting on his family's money and is propped up by the media; he has no talent or charisma in any capacity and has never earned anything in his life.

1566523199540.png

The only way people will give a shit about this is if Felicia Hardy walks out on Peter one the alter and then Mary Jane gets married to him instead. So Marvel will have to do a reverse tactic that DC pulled and spoil the marriage, ruining the surprise.

Rebis

kiwifarms.net
I can't really say that. EVS, slow as he may be, is a talented artist and he didn't get 130k followers on YT by having the personality of pod person simulating humanity.

John Walker Flynt is coasting on his family's money and is propped up by the media; he has no talent or charisma in any capacity and has never earned anything in his life.

View attachment 903120

The only way people will give a shit about this is if Felicia Hardy walks out on Peter one the alter and then Mary Jane gets married to him instead. So Marvel will have to do a reverse tactic that DC pulled and spoil the marriage, ruining the surprise.
I just get confused how this kind of stuff is even considered news anymore. Does any comics fan look at this and say “Wow, can’t wait to see what long-term story impacts this permanent marriage will have?” Sometimes it seems like they’re doing it to get normies interested, but they won’t be and we all know it.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever you think of EVS, the man has artistic talent and has produced things of value. People have seen what he has made and have been legitimately excited to see what he does next. And whatever you think of his truthfulness, his whole life isn't just a series of lies poorly strung together in an effort to make himself more important.

Plus they're on opposing sides. If Renfamous has a lackey that was so obnoxious they weren't even tolerated by their own side, that would be the Brianna Wu. If Jake Alley had tweeted about comics more than just a couple of times, hell, he could be the Brianna Wu. But however much you might hate EVS, it would be an insult to make that comparison.

Or maybe I just think Wu is such a worthless piece of shit that nearly anyone being compared to them is brought down by the comparison. That's probably also true.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Disregarding Wu’s comics.
IMHO, nah. EVS really doesn't need association like that. He deserves to be his own man dammit! A walking boomer stereotype who uses some really cheap and badly executed corporate language (maybe some mashed pie) to plug all his problems.

Reactions: LateNightComics

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 903120

As someone who always preferred BC over MJ this news pleases me...if I wasn't absolutely sure Marvel will fuck it up.

Still will follow the ride though.

• Agree
Reactions: Capsaicin Addict

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 903120

For a moment there I confused Hellcat with Black Cat and started wondering if Zoe Quinn might thereby wind up on Spider-man. Can't remember the last time I was this relieved to be wrong.

Zigzag

Bitch in the box
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, thanks for the reminder! I don't back everything anymore. But STARBLADES looks awesome.
I figured you backed jawbreakers 2 and Kyle is your colorist who was there when Doug and mike left cg for you . if you can back his work i have to ask myself why? But I’m glad you did. It looks to be the best book there.

elkinbub

kiwifarms.net
The original month of release was suppose to be November 2018. That means that just around a year ago you should have noticed that you weren't going to get things done on time. At that point you should have cut down on the endless circle-jerk livestreams, hunkered down, and gotten the actual comic done.

We know why you didn't. Because you'd rather hold court, bloviate, and suck up superchat money. Meanwhile, people already paid you for your late comic. What did you do to get back on schedule? Nothing. You delayed, delayed, delayed, bathed in superchats, caused weekly drama to put eyeballs on your stream, ranted on Twitter, made hundreds of clickbait videos about Stah Wah and Captain Marvel, and schemed up various variant covers to extract more money from your stupid gullible abused fans, who have Stockholm Syndrome.

How is your imaginary lawsuit against Renfamous and SJWSpider-Man going?

But it's four issues worth of material that took a year to complete, writing, penciling and inking. That's not TOO different from a busy year's worth of work at DC Comics for me, historically.
Ethan, we're not talking about "a year's worth" anymore. At this point we're at a year-and-a-half and counting. Your last comic was released in Spring of 2018.

ComicsGate was supposed to be a "consumer revolt", not "marketing".
(Hm, maybe you don't like when it's your own customers starting to revolt against you.)
Interesting how you've seamlessly tried to turn the whole thing into a way to make money for yourself (and a few crumbs for your sycophants).
Your streams are not about comics. They're about manchild drama, crying (literally) over who said what mean word on Twitter and which gray-haired man doesn't want to be in such-and-such imaginary fanclub anymore. That's literally what it is. Imaginary fanclubs, subsets of fanclubs, gossip, worrying about who said what to who behind the scenes, who passed who the secret message, etc.
Gay ops.
Bullshit.
Not comics.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino