Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

jspit

kiwifarms.net
They may not have necessarily mocked it, but many creators have decried or rejected it at this point:

- Zack has stated he only thought the hashtag should have lasted a few weeks to get the message out that people are rejecting SJW comics. EVS sort of browbeat him into saying it still exists and matters, but Zack still barely ever mentions it unless it pertains to whatever he’s talking about.

- Mike S Miller has basically dropped and outright rejected it, saying people who “are Comicsgate” should unsubscribe from his channel. If I remember right, it had something to do with Malin and War Campaign spamming dicks all over his chat and twitter feed or something (I basically stopped paying attention at that point)

- Cummings dropped off the face of the earth because he has irl obligations and felt like the whole movement had been taken over by pros looking to make money

- Doug Tennapel noped out after numerous public spats with EVS and being badgered by the War Campaign speds.

- Nerkish was unpersoned because EVS sperged out about his discord server because he thought it would be traced back to him and make him look bad. To be fair, Nerkish always thought CG was stupid and kind of got dragged into it because he was popular at the time.

- Elliot Fernandez and Brian Shearer both sort of dipped out when Doug and EVS broke up, choosing mostly to associate with Doug and his livestreams.

Pretty much anyone else in CG with the exception of TUG, Yellow Flash, and Just Some Guy has faded into obscurity and gone on with their life. A few CG nobodies have become semi prominent, with Gat Hanzo opening an IGG campaign of his own and Midnight Cherry TV creating a goon squad of spergs to troll CG related livestreams.

As it stands CG is, from the outside, substantially smaller than it was before, and the only people still using the term unironically are boomers and the severely autistic. Also, a lot of this may be apocryphal as I don’t have an eternity to pull all the receipts from the year-plus of constant livestreaming and twitter sperging from like 20 different people.
Only the truly exceptional dig thru five to seven hour live streams, assuming they remain, for a thirty second clip. Also, from what I remember, given I've more or less lost interest in the post CG people, Nerkish was an opportunist that was looking to hack the YT via the CG crowd.

will the Comicsgate community end up like the Heavens Gate community?
Using the lolcow's terms?

So my Blood Honey chromium cover with the 1998 ashcan came yesterday. I explicitly ordered at the 50$ tier since the verbiage of the IGG page led me to believe that would get me the Amphibionix ashcan as well. Apparently not.
Apparently a number of people still haven't gotten their books. Hasn't stopped frog from launching yet another 'campaign' for the book. Diversity and Comics did it right, run a campaign and fulfill it. Prove yourself. Of course he's been doing crowdfunding allot longer.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Apparently a number of people still haven't gotten their books. Hasn't stopped frog from launching yet another 'campaign' for the book. Diversity and Comics did it right, run a campaign and fulfill it. Prove yourself. Of course he's been doing crowdfunding allot longer.
No, I'm going to launch multiple campaigns of different sizes, many on top of each other. Three new ones in January.

1. VENGEANCE OF VAMPIRELLA #1 variant
2. CYBERFROG CHROMIUM second chance remainders
3. CYBERFROG WARTS AND ALL hardcover omnibus.

Zack is going to have to do the same. He's talking about launching 5 campaigns in 2020. They'll overlap.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I'm going to launch multiple campaigns of different sizes, many on top of each other. Three new ones in January.

1. VENGEANCE OF VAMPIRELLA #1 variant
2. CYBERFROG CHROMIUM second chance remainders
3. CYBERFROG WARTS AND ALL hardcover omnibus.

Zack is going to have to do the same. He's talking about launching 5 campaigns in 2020. They'll overlap.
Honestly he doesn't HAVE to do variants. I never liked them myself, but then I was never much of a collector besides rocks and cards.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Honestly he doesn't HAVE to do variants. I never liked them myself, but then I was never much of a collector besides rocks and cards.
Yeah, but he's a businessman. At some point he's going to have to reoffer his JAWBREAKERS books to new fans. A new cover is appropriate, and will please his new fans as well as collectors, who will buy it again. It doesn't make sense not to do it.

Weeb Slinger

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but he's a businessman. At some point he's going to have to reoffer his JAWBREAKERS books to new fans. A new cover is appropriate, and will please his new fans as well as collectors, who will buy it again. It doesn't make sense not to do it.
I anticipate that this will be the year where the crowdfunded campaigns associated with Comicsgate settle down and find their level. We might not see the massive peaks in funding that have sent ripples of shock and awe reverberating through the honeycombed, SJW termite-infested, foundations of the DC and Marvel publishing arms. Ordinarily I am poor but I've made some money recently that will allow me to support one of Zack's books in 2020. That pleases me tremendously. I underestimated him as a writer and an ideas man. However, I am one man. I sense a gathering dissatisfaction around Comicsgate that will likely manifest as plateauing sales and thereafter slow decline or modest steady growth. The novelty has worn off. A number of creators have blackened their own names. Going forward, it's going to be harder.

I am reminded of when Starbucks flooded London with outlets to the point where branches within the same locality were competing with each other for customers.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And now you're sounding like the same guys who went all "surprised pikachu" face when the comics market collapsed because of this practice.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
And now you're sounding like the same guys who went all "surprised pikachu" face when the comics market collapsed because of this practice.
No sir, the comics market didn't collapse due to books selling out and forcing second printings with new covers. That's health. That's the position Zack finds himself in, and indeed, most of ComicsGate.

The comics market became sick when they started foisting variant covers on retailers without any sales to customers whatsoever. I started noticing this around 2009. Big event titles would ship with 4 or 5 variant covers, with the companies rationalizing to retailers that this would give their customers a choice, or maybe they'd buy more than one copy.

That was maybe okay with big events.

But then around 2013, EVERYTHING started shipping with variant covers. My Green Lantern books had completely uninteresting variant covers by just random artists...no rhyme or reason. The purpose of this was to keep a retailer's count of how many issues of a series they were selling off balance. Retailers would buy more copies because they weren't sure what this 50/50 split was doing to their cash registers.

It got worse when Marvel started offering sales incentive variants. "Buy 100 copies of Shithead-Man for this one flashy variant". Customers only wanted that flashy variant...the other 100 copies literally sat there and rotted.

That's the problem with variant covers, that's what's killing comics.

ComicsGate couldn't do that to itself if we wanted to, because we don't have a middle man retailer in between us and the customers. Mike S Miller can offer 18 different covers for his books, but it's up to a direct buyer to choose for himself.

Kuchipatchi

Femme and fatal
kiwifarms.net
This forum is so autistic, it makes me embarrassed to read it. It's like children bickering over trivial playground games but it's adults doing it instead.
I see the opposition as a bunch of whiny babies and not seeing any convincing arguments against him, just personal feelings. I see why EVS come here for a laugh cos y'all a massive joke.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
It's called "That time Doug had to pay the difference when he previously tried this with Bigfoot Bill"; he did genuinely lose money when it came to that since he didn't figure out the pricing. Hardbound books with embossing, page styles, gilding, that shit's expensive dude. Especially since bulk costs only drop pricing by so much with limited runs like this.

He figured out the costs with EWJ and has a consistent staff (unlike most), but he's still making less off each book than others due to his choices to do things like actually pay them. It's unique among the lot in that regard.
See, this is an answer. Thanks. Still concerned about fucked up overpricing from the guys that "own the big two" "buy houses" and bitch about how 3.99 is too much.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
See, this is an answer. Thanks. Still concerned about fucked up overpricing from the guys that "own the big two" "buy houses" and bitch about how 3.99 is too much.
so selling a big fancy hard cover book with gold foil and UV coating, along with a bunch of extras all in a big fancy custom made box for 25 dollars didn’t tell you that he was losing money on the deal?

• Agree
Reactions: Adamska

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure that I talk much about "owning the big two". I think Zack had a video titled "We don't make comics to own SJWs, we make them to own HOUSES" which I thought was damn clever.

(Zack still doesn't own a house. But I think he aspires to own a house, and he's saving his money.)

We don't care about the mainstream. I don't even think about Marvel or DC unless I'm trying to make a video about something dumb they're doing. I'm entirely focused on Cyberfrog and ComicsGate, and my friends therein.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
so selling a big fancy hard cover book with gold foil and UV coating, along with a bunch of extras all in a big fancy custom made box for 25 dollars didn’t tell you that he was losing money on the deal?
No. Receiving less money than a cheap and greedy asshole isn't the same as losing money. Does pizzerias lose money compared to hot dog standses? No.

I'm not sure that I talk much about "owning the big two". I think Zack had a video titled "We don't make comics to own SJWs, we make them to own HOUSES" which I thought was damn clever.
Really Ehehe? A neckbeardede "I didn't ACTUALLY said that" autism? C'mon. That's the message you're projecting on your fans. That's what they all repeat in one form or another. That you're the one who will survive the crash. You are the hope of the industry. The real competitor. And I'm just sitting here thinking "This overpriced padded actionshlock is the competition? Really?"

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
No. Receiving less money than a cheap and greedy asshole isn't the same as losing money. Does pizzerias lose money compared to hot dog standses? No.

Really Ehehe? A neckbeardede "I didn't ACTUALLY said that" autism? C'mon. That's the message you're projecting on your fans. That's what they all repeat in one form or another. That you're the one who will survive the crash. You are the hope of the industry. The real competitor. And I'm just sitting here thinking "This overpriced padded actionshlock is the competition? Really?"
that’s a straw man argument. Pizzarias and hot dog stands don‘t even compete with each other, especially when the number of pizzarias outnumber hotdog stands in the thousands.

the crowdfunding market is much smaller and in order to make money, one can’t do what Doug did and expect it to be sustainable even if it makes the customer happy. The point is to make a profit. That’s why Bigfoot Bill won’t come with all of the bells and whistles that EWJ did.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That one is more because people like Zack and Ethan didn't have the infrastructure at first compared to Doug (Bigfoot Bill allowed him to form a consistent team and connect to specific printers). Zack's books I understand being pricier since square binding is certainly pricier than a floppy to be sure, plus he does pay his staffers.

Ethan's is more due to all the gubbins he decided to add to the initial campaign, though if other people don't have a wavy page problem in their alternate cover versions, the inconsistent templates sure as shit don't help since bulk relies on numbers to drive down costs.
lol it is when the Big 2 can't even match that. It frequently fucking can't, besides gems like White Knight and the Frankenstein's monster take with the Hulk.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Odets

Kuchipatchi

Femme and fatal
kiwifarms.net
That one is more because people like Zack and Ethan didn't have the infrastructure at first compared to Doug (Bigfoot Bill allowed him to form a consistent team and connect to specific printers). Zack's books I understand being pricier since square binding is certainly pricier than a floppy to be sure, plus he does pay his staffers.

Ethan's is more due to all the gubbins he decided to add to the initial campaign, though if other people don't have a wavy page problem in their alternate cover versions, the inconsistent templates sure as shit don't help since bulk relies on numbers to drive down costs.
Cyberfrog came with some extra things and the book is shipped out in top-notch condition as well as filling a space in the comics market, a book that puts story first and not political nonsense. People won't put that money to a Marvel graphic novel because the stories are rubbish and full of GURL POWER false empowerment. Love the price or hate it, people are after a book that satisfies the gap the big companies have left. Are there any cheaper alternatives? If there is, how about you support it and bring attention to it or maybe, if you have the talent, make a book of your own. I would love to see some competition for Cyberfrog and Jawbreakers or better yet, an alternative to fund-raising campaigns.
I loathe that format, it's not reliable for me as I've had numerous books not arrive and not even realise until it's too late. There needs to be a more accessible format like a normal shop website. I'm not sure what exactly to suggest as I don't know how campaigns work.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
The money from crowdfunders should be spent allowing artists to create their best work, not cynically hacking out 4 pages per day to meet a self-imposed deadline. We don't need MORE comics, we need BETTER comics. And while it's good to show off the created work in a nice package, it's secondary to laboring over something meaningful.

A churro in a gilded box is a churro. Dogshit in IMAX 3-D is dogshit.

CYBERFROG BLOODHONEY is an accomplishment. People are talking about it every single day, wanting the next chapter, and marveling over the art I was funded to produce in ten months of creation. It is a gourmet meal offered from a mom and pop Italian restaurant in a strip mall in NJ.

And it'll always make money from people who were hooked by the first chapter. For some reason, there's a whole tribe of autistic neckbeards whose asses are chapped over this. I don't know why.

Yes, CYBERFROG is the competition. JAWBREAKERS, GRAVEYARD SHIFT, BRAND, MONSTER MD, SHINOBI SASQUATCH and STARBLADES are the competition.

When you fund these projects, you are getting works of passion, not bored corporate tripe funded by junkfood ads and blockbuster movies. These are people voting with their wallets, and if they're buying CYBERFROG because they think it looks great, think it sends a message, or just like me personally, I don't ask them. It's none of my business to question the motives of the customer. I just prefer to say thank you.

2020 is going to be a big year for ComicsGate. You can't beat us. You should join us.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Hey everybody, its good to back after 2-week long marathon of samgyeupsal/yakiniku tour, running charity events. So what's happening??

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Hey everybody, its good to back after 2-week long marathon of samgyeupsal/yakiniku tour, running charity events. So what's happening??
I’m watching Mike S. miller’s stream Right now. He had Wenger on. I thought it was insane at first, but they had a decent conversation.

Last edited:
Tags
None