Only the truly exceptional dig thru five to seven hour live streams, assuming they remain, for a thirty second clip. Also, from what I remember, given I've more or less lost interest in the post CG people, Nerkish was an opportunist that was looking to hack the YT via the CG crowd.They may not have necessarily mocked it, but many creators have decried or rejected it at this point:
- Zack has stated he only thought the hashtag should have lasted a few weeks to get the message out that people are rejecting SJW comics. EVS sort of browbeat him into saying it still exists and matters, but Zack still barely ever mentions it unless it pertains to whatever he’s talking about.
- Mike S Miller has basically dropped and outright rejected it, saying people who “are Comicsgate” should unsubscribe from his channel. If I remember right, it had something to do with Malin and War Campaign spamming dicks all over his chat and twitter feed or something (I basically stopped paying attention at that point)
- Cummings dropped off the face of the earth because he has irl obligations and felt like the whole movement had been taken over by pros looking to make money
- Doug Tennapel noped out after numerous public spats with EVS and being badgered by the War Campaign speds.
- Nerkish was unpersoned because EVS sperged out about his discord server because he thought it would be traced back to him and make him look bad. To be fair, Nerkish always thought CG was stupid and kind of got dragged into it because he was popular at the time.
- Elliot Fernandez and Brian Shearer both sort of dipped out when Doug and EVS broke up, choosing mostly to associate with Doug and his livestreams.
Pretty much anyone else in CG with the exception of TUG, Yellow Flash, and Just Some Guy has faded into obscurity and gone on with their life. A few CG nobodies have become semi prominent, with Gat Hanzo opening an IGG campaign of his own and Midnight Cherry TV creating a goon squad of spergs to troll CG related livestreams.
As it stands CG is, from the outside, substantially smaller than it was before, and the only people still using the term unironically are boomers and the severely autistic. Also, a lot of this may be apocryphal as I don’t have an eternity to pull all the receipts from the year-plus of constant livestreaming and twitter sperging from like 20 different people.
Using the lolcow's terms?will the Comicsgate community end up like the Heavens Gate community?
Apparently a number of people still haven't gotten their books. Hasn't stopped frog from launching yet another 'campaign' for the book. Diversity and Comics did it right, run a campaign and fulfill it. Prove yourself. Of course he's been doing crowdfunding allot longer.So my Blood Honey chromium cover with the 1998 ashcan came yesterday. I explicitly ordered at the 50$ tier since the verbiage of the IGG page led me to believe that would get me the Amphibionix ashcan as well. Apparently not.