Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Odets

kiwifarms.net
What about how much it cost? We are talking about paper quality here And Zack was talking Marvel comic books not Cyberfrog in those videos. If 25 bucks is too much for a book, then no one is forcing the purchaser to go through the trouble of logging into Indiegogo and inputting their credit card number to buy it. Marvel can sell their books cheaper because they can afford to pay Diamond to distribute their books. But honestly, Marvel and DC hike the prices of their comics up every year. Now it’s gotten to the point where I can buy myself an actual novel for the price of a 24 page book.
So it's not ok to judge CG product like they judge product? That's kinda childish and simply not fair. And holly shit, this is dumb. So because the big two raise prices for 50 cents every two or so years it's ok fro Ehehe to start at 25$ + shipping? That's 100-200% higher prices. I fucking doubt that Dimond absorbs up to 60% of expenses without putting any of that value on customers, They aren't a charity. This is some suvire form of white-knighting except you aren't even chasing a pussy, you are chasing some fat autist and his "funny books".
No, I’ve made it clear where my position is and that’s on Ethan’s side.
More like on Ethan's dick

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
Except That charging 25$ Plus shipping for a book is the norm When it comes to a crowdfunded book, especially if it’s good. It‘s pretty rare to see anyone selling a book for less. So if you are going to give Ethan flak for that than everyone else is at fault too because everybody sells their book way over the price the big two set for their books.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except That charging 25$ Plus shipping for a book is the norm When it comes to a crowdfunded book, especially if it’s good. It‘s pretty rare to see anyone selling a book for less. So if you are going to give Ethan flak for that than everyone else is at fault too because everybody sells their book way over the price the big two set for their books.
Yeah, but literally every other book I've bought was at minimum:
Gluebound (square)
Used a higher volume paper
Higher quality gubbins at their respective price levels

Gluebounding is notably more expensive than stapling, and as mentioned none of my other books have the waviness indicative of a high inkload for their paper. I also got slightly better rubbish when they'd sell them too, since the prayer card from Soulfinders is of stock, and the stuff I got from Black and White were much more than the sticker for the same price. Most of the stuff I bought was the same price, and yet the only one that comes off as cheap is his book, at least barring the cover since that is something that I know cost to recreate.

I wouldn't even complain if he didn't peacock about it so much or the pages weren't looking like they're going to bleed each time I touch them.

You keep trying to do this, but this doesn't work dude.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
No, this is something CG beaten into your fanboy-head. Plenty of crowdfunded books start at 15-16$
which Is still higher then what the big two sell their books and you still have to pay for shipping. How does that reinforce your earlier argument?

Yeah, but literally every other book I've bought was at minimum:
Gluebound (square)
Used a higher volume paper
Higher quality gubbins at their respective price levels

Gluebounding is notably more expensive than stapling, and as mentioned none of my other books have the waviness indicative of a high inkload for their paper. I also got slightly better rubbish when they'd sell them too, since the prayer card from Soulfinders is of stock, and the stuff I got from Black and White were much more than the sticker for the same price. Most of the stuff I bought was the same price, and yet the only one that comes off as cheap is his book, at least barring the cover since that is something that I know cost to recreate.

I wouldn't even complain if he didn't peacock about it so much or the pages weren't looking like they're going to bleed each time I touch them.

You keep trying to do this, but this doesn't work dude.
except that they don’t bleed. I know cuz I own it and the book is worth more than I paid for it looking at the prices people are paying for it on EBay. Few other crowdfunded books can hold their value like that no matter how many bookmarks and cards they stick in their campaigns. Did Jawbreakers need a whole bunch of rubbish to sell it books too? No, not at all. The second book did come with a sweet poster though.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
except that they don’t bleed. I know cuz I own it and the book is worth more than I paid for it looking at the prices people are paying for it on EBay. Few other crowdfunded books can hold their value like that no matter how many bookmarks and cards they stick in their campaigns. Did Jawbreakers need a whole bunch of rubbish to sell it books too? No, not at all. The second book did come with a sweet poster though.
And now when faced with the fact you can't win on this one and at least one person has shown that the high black pages can and do bleed, you attack the point you openly know I care about the least , leaving my other two better ones (the binding and paper quality) and my main point (better value for the same price) completely unharmed but unmentioned to look like you debunked me.

Try again.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
You're THAT special? Ok I gonna spell it out. It's not about higher prices on principal it's about 200% higher prices. Obviously i wouldn't bitched about a couple bucks
Then don’t buy the fuckin comic, jackass. All the big crowdfunded comics have that 25 dollar price tag and if other people are willing to pay those prices, your bitching about it is not going to lower the price. And those that sell their comic for fifteen dollars are probably not that well known and it’s their first campaign. And if that first campaign is successful, then you’d better believe that the price tag is going up to 20 or 25 in the second campaign because producing a book all by yourself costs a shit ton of money.
And now when faced with the fact you can't win on this one and at least one person has shown that the high black pages can and do bleed, you attack the point you openly know I care about the least , leaving my other two better ones (the binding and paper quality) and my main point (better value for the same price) completely unharmed but unmentioned to look like you debunked me.

Try again.
he was the only one and the shit looked suspect as fuck. It was like he rubbed the pages really hard until the ink rubbed off. As for the paper quality, I already addressed in an earlier post. You know, the one that started this whole argument? I compared it to a marvel book and found it to be the same quality so there goes your whole argue down the toilet right there. If other crowdfunders use higher quality paper then good on them. I mean it looks nice, but most comic book collectors read the book maybe once or twice and then stick it their book shelf or in a plastic sleeve. The paper Zack used for Jawbreakers was almost like newsprint, but no one is complaining about that. As for the binding, I can’t argue with you there so I will concede to you on that point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Then don’t buy the fuckin comic, jackass.
I didn't... Doesn't stop me from talking about it. Many people talk about stuff they don't own, Im sorry no one told you about that.

And those that sell their comic for fifteen dollars are probably not that well known and it’s their first campaign. And if that first campaign is successful, then you’d better believe that the price tag is going up to 20 or 25 in the second campaign because producing a book all by yourself costs a shit ton of money.
This is peak shortbus. At first you were convinced there's no $15 offers, now you suddenly know that ALL of those are small and you also saw the future and know that they will raise their price because that's what Ehehe and Old Meme Zack are doing. You're exactly that dork-kid in school who whiteknights for his first crush. You're going backwards from the idea that your queen is perfect.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
I didn't... Doesn't stop me from talking about it. Many people talk about stuff they don't own, Im sorry no one told you about that.

This is peak shortbus. At first you were convinced there's no $15 offers, now you suddenly know that ALL of those are small and you also saw the future and know that they will raise their price because that's what Ehehe and Old Meme Zack are doing. You're exactly that dork-kid in school who whiteknights for his first crush. You're going backwards from the idea that your queen is perfect.
I never said that there were no 15 dollar offers. Quote me where I said that. I just said that 25 dollar books are the norm. To say otherwise would be lying to yourself.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
he was the only one and the shit looked suspect as fuck. It was like he rubbed the pages really hard until the ink rubbed off. As for the paper quality, I already addressed in an earlier post. You know, the one that started this whole argument? I compared it to a marvel book and found it to be the same quality so there goes your whole argue down the toilet right there. If other crowdfunders use higher quality paper then good on them. I mean it looks nice, but most comic book collectors read the book maybe once or twice and then stick it their book shelf or in a plastic sleeve. The paper Zack used for Jawbreakers was almost like newsprint, but no one is complaining about that. As for the binding, I can’t argue with you there so I will concede to you on that point.
I'm fully aware of Marvel and even DC comics having print and paper quality problems; why do you think I find it hypocritical of Ethan to then have the same when his peers don't really? It doesn't shoot down my argument fully (and I can still use it for hypocrisy if I want to push it), but you did weaken it. Using Zack's own print stock was clever though, since I can't really rebut that.

Good rebuttals man. I still think the waviness meant that something went wrong at the printers (moisture tends to distort and weaken paper like that), but I like your counters.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
I enjoyed our discussion. It was fun. It‘s hard to find others that are interested in comics and nerd out with like that.
As for your question, this is his first go around So yeah there’s gonna be mistakes. (cheap excuse I know, but I think it’s still valid) Hopefully, he fixes that issue with his next campaign.

• Agree
Reactions: Adamska

jspit

kiwifarms.net
No, I’ve made it clear where my position is and that’s on Ethan’s side. You on the other hand like to straddle the fence and like to play both sides of the argument.
Keep sucking Frog off so he'll put you on his stream and his hangers on will give your vanity book money?

The exceptional individual is strong with you.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
Keep sucking Frog off so he'll put you on his stream and his hangers on will give your vanity book money?
Ethan is one of the reasons why I got back into comics and drawing again. If I were to come out with a book, why wouldn’t I want to come on his huge platform to expose new customers to my product? That’s just basic marketing right there.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Ethan is one of the reasons why I got back into comics and drawing again. If I were to come out with a book, why wouldn’t I want to come on his huge platform to expose new customers to my product? That’s just basic marketing right there.
Shit, you actually admit that?. Are you also one of the exceptional individuals shouting heil all the time?

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Bitchmade Autist
kiwifarms.net
Shit, you actually admit that?. Are you also one of the exceptional individuals shouting heil all the time?
What is wrong with wanting to advertise your book to a wider audience? Are you really trying to be a cool guy in a forum about comic books? And what about anything I said would make you think I was a racist? So far, all you have done is name calling And you have brought no facts to the table. If you don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to the subject of comics or Comicsgate, then it’s better for you just to fuck off.

• Dumb
  • Autistic
Reactions: Zigzag and jspit

Mad Asshatter

My other name was Maggot
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I draw and it doesn't take a fat, middle-aged Mormon from New Jersey who is on his second wife and second family to make me do it. Most of the 'SJWs' he goes on about as if they are this new thing devastating comics had been around at least once before back in the early 70s, when there were characters and heavy themes about militant black power, black liberation, black seperation, heavy themes about Black Panthers, stuff like that. Louis(sp) Lane was even briefly 'magically' turned black for an issue or two, and the bulk of that comic was dedicated to her expounding on her 'black experience' and how it related to 'black struggles.'

At the time, this stuff was looked on as 'progressive.' Nowadays it's looked on as insanely cringey, because it was so heavy-handed and pushy.

At the end, there was no movement to 'take back comics,' people eventually just rolled their eyes at the preaching and companies stopped adding it in.

I could tell you honestly why comics are in trouble. It's because they are not diverse. I'm not talking about the lack of gays, trannies, and whatever. It's lack of diversity of variety. I remember my mom talking about Lil' Lulu comics. I used to find old issues of The Crypt Keeper in flea markets. I've read the old Conan The Barbarian comics, where some of tge dialogue could be a bit cheesy. Some of my favorite comics were Aliens vs Predator, and I still have some of the issues. There is barely any of that anymore. Comics used to have something for everyone, and when they now like to say that readership is largely male, that is true. But it's because it's little more but multiverse-spanning edgy capeshit anymore, with other genres bare shadows of what they were.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Imagine getting into comics because of an average comic artist with average skills and bad anatomy and just hides it with lots of greeble, and writes average boring stories.

Nah, mate. Sorry to break it to you, but you actually bought into the cult of personality, not the comics.

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine getting into comics because of an average comic artist with average skills and bad anatomy and just hides it with lots of greeble, and writes average boring stories.
Tbf, if he saw that and said "I can do better" then good for him.

I could tell you honestly why comics are in trouble. It's because they are not diverse. I'm not talking about the lack of gays, trannies, and whatever. It's lack of diversity of variety. I remember my mom talking about Lil' Lulu comics. I used to find old issues of The Crypt Keeper in flea markets. I've read the old Conan The Barbarian comics, where some of tge dialogue could be a bit cheesy. Some of my favorite comics were Aliens vs Predator, and I still have some of the issues. There is barely any of that anymore. Comics used to have something for everyone, and when they now like to say that readership is largely male, that is true. But it's because it's little more but multiverse-spanning edgy capeshit anymore, with other genres bare shadows of what they were.
Fucking THIS.

Our market is, for the most part, nothing but extremes. If it's not super heroes, it's super edgelord garbage, or worse the dull, ambien-driven indie market.

Anyone wonders why anyone would read manga, especially now a days, is because there's something for everyone and that's not taking into consideration their God-tier (truly self-published) indie market where your little project might explode into some massive property because surprise, there was a market for your cute little self-published house fly comic or something like that.

I've been a student to many comic pros (and many who are not but had connections) and it's surprising how many are closed minded to the idea that not everything is capes or worse, Archie.

Tags
None