Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I draw and it doesn't take a fat, middle-aged Mormon from New Jersey who is on his second wife and second family to make me do it. Most of the 'SJWs' he goes on about as if they are this new thing devastating comics had been around at least once before back in the early 70s, when there were characters and heavy themes about militant black power, black liberation, black seperation, heavy themes about Black Panthers, stuff like that. Louis(sp) Lane was even briefly 'magically' turned black for an issue or two, and the bulk of that comic was dedicated to her expounding on her 'black experience' and how it related to 'black struggles.'

At the time, this stuff was looked on as 'progressive.' Nowadays it's looked on as insanely cringey, because it was so heavy-handed and pushy.

At the end, there was no movement to 'take back comics,' people eventually just rolled their eyes at the preaching and companies stopped adding it in.

I could tell you honestly why comics are in trouble. It's because they are not diverse. I'm not talking about the lack of gays, trannies, and whatever. It's lack of diversity of variety. I remember my mom talking about Lil' Lulu comics. I used to find old issues of The Crypt Keeper in flea markets. I've read the old Conan The Barbarian comics, where some of tge dialogue could be a bit cheesy. Some of my favorite comics were Aliens vs Predator, and I still have some of the issues. There is barely any of that anymore. Comics used to have something for everyone, and when they now like to say that readership is largely male, that is true. But it's because it's little more but multiverse-spanning edgy capeshit anymore, with other genres bare shadows of what they were.
Eh I kinda disagree, I see plenty of non cape stuff from Dynamite,IDW and other smaller publishers.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

My pronouns are he and her
kiwifarms.net
Eh I kinda disagree, I see plenty of non cape stuff from Dynamite,IDW and other smaller publishers.
Most of the shit out nowadays is non cape stuff. Even in the big two the heroes don’t act like heroes anymore. It’s mostly slice of hipster life shit And how many times are we going to see Hulk fight Thor like we don’t know who is going to win already?

jspit

kiwifarms.net
What is wrong with wanting to advertise your book to a wider audience? Are you really trying to be a cool guy in a forum about comic books? And what about anything I said would make you think I was a racist? So far, all you have done is name calling And you have brought no facts to the table. If you don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to the subject of comics or Comicsgate, then it’s better for you just to fuck off.
No, this is a forum about laughing at cows. It was this thing called humor, a play on hail sounding like heil. Tone deaf, considering. Please continue bringing the entertainment to us.
This. I see allot of people who want the manga comparison, it doesn't work. The majority of fans want from American comics what they love about it. Capes. The market for off genre material is smaller, crowded, and lower quality.

You want to know how to fix comics? it's easy, a rising tide lifts all boats. When industry leaders like Batman stops struggling to sell six figures, you have more room at the margins of companies for off genre books.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrunksFromDragonballGT

kiwifarms.net
No, this is a forum about laughing at cows. It was this thing called humor, a play on hail sounding like heil. Tone deaf, considering. Please continue bringing the entertainment to us.
if you have to explain the joke, then it wasn’t funny in the first place.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
@FROG, got my Team Up Ashcans and the Salamandroid cover today. I know you watch for reviews, here's mine.

First off, I want to complain. I donated to the Variant and Team Up Variant + Ashcan campaigns. Thought I was getting the Salamandroid cover, a Chromium cover, and the ashcans. Instead, I have 2 Salamandroids and the ashcans.

The complaint is, keep it simpler next time. I was convinced I knew what's coming, but I'm looking at Indiegogo and see my mistake right there. This process needs to be mistake proof, there need to be clear, bright lines between the different campaigns and levels to keep people like me from screwing up. These books are crowdfunded, they're kept scarce, and they take a long time to arrive. Mistakes are a lot harder to deal with when they happen (and they do.) I don't want to feel disappointed or stupid, I want to be confident with what I'm getting and I want to know mistakes can be corrected.

Disappointed that I have to buy the Chromium off eBay, it's going to cost a lot more and it means having to deal with unsavory types like that bitch UndeliveredCrowdfundMaste. Even that guy's mother thinks he's a jerk, she and I still talk and we both think he doesn't deserve anyone's money. He bought your books and original art using her Visa card without paying the money back, she's taking on interest hoping he pays off the bill someday. She's on a fixed income now, her consulting business hasn't generated a lot of revenue the last few years and her medical bills are not all covered. The family has savings but that's supposed to be for when they retire, she shouldn't be worried like this. He should find a real job and a girlfriend and stop leeching off her.

Maybe I can get her to just walk in and send me a copy of the Chromium cover. He keeps his stock in the bedroom, I could tell her what to look for and where to send it. There's a lot of stuff in there signed by people like Jim Lee. Plus they keep the windows open and the fans on. There are no bars, it's a safe neighborhood. I bet they wouldn't hear if I just slid in and took a few copies... could probably also get some other CG books while I'm at it, he's got a lot of Lonestar there, you can get a dollar per copy... maybe I could sell them on eBay, get the money to make the mother whole again... I think I know how to get the family out of the house for an afternoon, wonder if they would actually lock up. I'm sure at least one ground-level window doesn't latch. The house was built in the late 70s and those windows look old to me... they would pop with a little force. Or the backdoor. That spanish lemon tree runs up against the siding, the neighbors would think that's where the noise came from... he deserves worse than losing his stash, he violated the trust of the people who love him, how do you defend abusing your own parents you sicko...

Second, I want to talk about the story. Thinking back to the experience of reading Bloodhoney for the first time, I remember feeling like this was light on story. The ashcans changed that impression, made me feel a little different, not sure if it's the size or the paper or something else.

There's about the same amount of exposition in the ashcan but I didn't focus on the words the first time through. Instead, I just looked at the art. The thing about Cyberfrog is it's an exercise in visual storytelling, these pages could almost go without words. Without reading anything but knowing the story in Bloodhoney, I knew exactly where the books intersect when I got to the last page. In fact, the most important visual in the Diary was 1998 written in the snow, that was all that was needed to establish the time and place.

Will need to sit down with both books, but my initial impression is that Bloodhoney makes more sense once you've seen the ashcan. Consider re-releasing this as Bloodhoney #0 or something so more people can see it, I think they'd be more excited about Rekt Planet.

Talking about the coloring, the panel that had the highest impact was on page... uh.... you don't do page numbers, the one across from the guy on the piano, the bottom panel. You draw more head-on images in this comic, I really liked this drawing of the frog. Part of it was the way he's framed, part of it is the pose, but mostly it's the colors. Going from warm to cool like just really caught my eye, made me think what Todd McFarlane could have done if he had a great colorist.

The spread I thought was weakest was Heather standing before the Vespis. It's the facial expression, there's no sense of terror, it's more mannequin than Friday the 13th. It gets into a concern of mine, hadn't really thought about deeply until I saw this panel. But the Vespis are supposed to be invading Earth, they are supposed to be destroying society. That should be hitting people a certain way, there's a recognizable emotional response to being confronted with the end of the world. There was an episode of the Walking Dead that did this well, wish I could think which one it was, but they used to focus on the experience of dread in a very convincing way.

My $0.02 - if you want to put Cyberfrog over the top, find that dread and work it into your visual storytelling. The emotional payoff to the reader when the frog finally beats back the hordes will be that much greater. I still need to actually read the thing, but this book may have been better than Bloodhoney. Looking forward to Rekt Planet - please remember to keep the tiers simple for half-wits like me.

TombaHat

kiwifarms.net
Anyways do any of those warcampaign fellas have kiwi accounts? I'd still like to know what Ro thought I was going to "gotcha" him with.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: jspit

jspit

kiwifarms.net
if you have to explain the joke, then it wasn’t funny in the first place.

It amused me. What part of this do you not understand?

Please continue jerking off hoping @FROG notices you, but you should try being more over the top so he will see you.

@FROG, got my Team Up Ashcans and the Salamandroid cover today. I know you watch for reviews, here's mine.

First off, I want to complain. I donated to the Variant and Team Up Variant + Ashcan campaigns. Thought I was getting the Salamandroid cover, a Chromium cover, and the ashcans. Instead, I have 2 Salamandroids and the ashcans.

The complaint is, keep it simpler next time. I was convinced I knew what's coming, but I'm looking at Indiegogo and see my mistake right there. This process needs to be mistake proof, there need to be clear, bright lines between the different campaigns and levels to keep people like me from screwing up. These books are crowdfunded, they're kept scarce, and they take a long time to arrive. Mistakes are a lot harder to deal with when they happen (and they do.) I don't want to feel disappointed or stupid, I want to be confident with what I'm getting and I want to know mistakes can be corrected.

Disappointed that I have to buy the Chromium off eBay, it's going to cost a lot more and it means having to deal with unsavory types like that bitch UndeliveredCrowdfundMaste. Even that guy's mother thinks he's a jerk, she and I still talk and we both think he doesn't deserve anyone's money. He bought your books and original art using her Visa card without paying the money back, she's taking on interest hoping he pays off the bill someday. She's on a fixed income now, her consulting business hasn't generated a lot of revenue the last few years and her medical bills are not all covered. The family has savings but that's supposed to be for when they retire, she shouldn't be worried like this. He should find a real job and a girlfriend and stop leeching off her.

Maybe I can get her to just walk in and send me a copy of the Chromium cover. He keeps his stock in the bedroom, I could tell her what to look for and where to send it. There's a lot of stuff in there signed by people like Jim Lee. Plus they keep the windows open and the fans on. There are no bars, it's a safe neighborhood. I bet they wouldn't hear if I just slid in and took a few copies... could probably also get some other CG books while I'm at it, he's got a lot of Lonestar there, you can get a dollar per copy... maybe I could sell them on eBay, get the money to make the mother whole again... I think I know how to get the family out of the house for an afternoon, wonder if they would actually lock up. I'm sure at least one ground-level window doesn't latch. The house was built in the late 70s and those windows look old to me... they would pop with a little force. Or the backdoor. That spanish lemon tree runs up against the siding, the neighbors would think that's where the noise came from... he deserves worse than losing his stash, he violated the trust of the people who love him, how do you defend abusing your own parents you sicko...

Second, I want to talk about the story. Thinking back to the experience of reading Bloodhoney for the first time, I remember feeling like this was light on story. The ashcans changed that impression, made me feel a little different, not sure if it's the size or the paper or something else.

There's about the same amount of exposition in the ashcan but I didn't focus on the words the first time through. Instead, I just looked at the art. The thing about Cyberfrog is it's an exercise in visual storytelling, these pages could almost go without words. Without reading anything but knowing the story in Bloodhoney, I knew exactly where the books intersect when I got to the last page. In fact, the most important visual in the Diary was 1998 written in the snow, that was all that was needed to establish the time and place.

Will need to sit down with both books, but my initial impression is that Bloodhoney makes more sense once you've seen the ashcan. Consider re-releasing this as Bloodhoney #0 or something so more people can see it, I think they'd be more excited about Rekt Planet.

Talking about the coloring, the panel that had the highest impact was on page... uh.... you don't do page numbers, the one across from the guy on the piano, the bottom panel. You draw more head-on images in this comic, I really liked this drawing of the frog. Part of it was the way he's framed, part of it is the pose, but mostly it's the colors. Going from warm to cool like just really caught my eye, made me think what Todd McFarlane could have done if he had a great colorist.

The spread I thought was weakest was Heather standing before the Vespis. It's the facial expression, there's no sense of terror, it's more mannequin than Friday the 13th. It gets into a concern of mine, hadn't really thought about deeply until I saw this panel. But the Vespis are supposed to be invading Earth, they are supposed to be destroying society. That should be hitting people a certain way, there's a recognizable emotional response to being confronted with the end of the world. There was an episode of the Walking Dead that did this well, wish I could think which one it was, but they used to focus on the experience of dread in a very convincing way.

My $0.02 - if you want to put Cyberfrog over the top, find that dread and work it into your visual storytelling. The emotional payoff to the reader when the frog finally beats back the hordes will be that much greater. I still need to actually read the thing, but this book may have been better than Bloodhoney. Looking forward to Rekt Planet - please remember to keep the tiers simple for half-wits like me.

Wall of text. Holy shit.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Wall of text. Holy shit.
J Shit - that was a review, tried to be clear about the nature of the post right away.

Would you help me understand the better way to post long content? Would a spoiler tag have helped? Am seriously interested in your opinion, it would mean a lot if you would share.

Also, sorry you are offended by strings of words longer than a few sentences. Help me out here, would you say your deficiency has more to do with a failed educational system, bad parenting, or a cognitive defect on your part? I'm really making the effort to learn how to deal better with the lowest common denominator, feels like each of you has a unique problem but I still make the effort. You are special and you matter.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

kiwifarms.net
J Shit - that was a review, tried to be clear about the nature of the post right away.

Would you help me understand the better way to post long content? Would a spoiler tag have helped? Am seriously interested in your opinion, it would mean a lot if you would share.

Also, sorry you are offended by strings of words longer than a few sentences. Help me out here, would you say your deficiency has more to do with a failed educational system, bad parenting, or a cognitive defect on your part? I'm really making the effort to learn how to deal better with the lowest common denominator, feels like each of you has a unique problem but I still make the effort. You are special and you matter.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

TombaHat

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like you have a bit of a...thing for WC there. Don't get me wrong. They absolutely have accounts. But I think they're self aware.
Today is the first time I thought about them in months. Aside from thinking that their behavior does more harm than good for @FROG and that eventually it's going to ruin him, the only thing I sort of care about is finding out why Ro thinks I was trying to take him down or whatever he was afraid of.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FROG

jspit

kiwifarms.net

Oh my. Truly, I'm am in the wrong for not being amazed at your boring ass 3rd grade book report. Surely had you written more on your feelings, I wouldn't have heartlessly stomped on them causing you to have butt hurt.

Note, I didn't kill a metaphorical tree writing a response.
I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Always good to see the cows circle jerk one another. cry into your nappies.
Today is the first time I thought about them in months. Aside from thinking that their behavior does more harm than good for @FROG and that eventually it's going to ruin him, the only thing I sort of care about is finding out why Ro thinks I was trying to take him down or whatever he was afraid of.
Well, hopefully it'll be entertaining. At this point its a forgone conclusion that this doesn't end well for most players involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
This. I see allot of people who want the manga comparison, it doesn't work. The majority of fans want from American comics what they love about it. Capes. The market for off genre material is smaller, crowded, and lower quality.

You want to know how to fix comics? it's easy, a rising tide lifts all boats. When industry leaders like Batman stops struggling to sell six figures, you have more room at the margins of companies for off genre books.
Hey J Shit - not to overload you with messages, but this is a fascinating perspective on the comics scene. Seriously, I've never heard anyone say anything like that before, you are just so fresh man.

Do you work as a professional in the comics industry? Can you give us a sense of the positions you've held, either as a letterer or a binding tech?

Otherwise, if you are really just some guy off the street, can you tell us how you gained such a unique perspective? Someone should march you into the President's office at Marvel right now and get you talking.

Oh my. Truly, I'm am in the wrong for not being amazed at your boring ass 3rd grade book report. Surely had you written more on your feelings, I wouldn't have heartlessly stomped on them causing you to have butt hurt.

Note, I didn't kill a metaphorical tree writing a response.
Hey J Shit - while you're thinking your responses to those other questions, just wanted to tell you to go fuck yourself.

Kept that as short as possible for you. Message get through okay, or you want me to shorten it some more?

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Hey J Shit - not to overload you with messages, but this is a fascinating perspective on the comics scene. Seriously, I've never heard anyone say anything like that before, you are just so fresh man.

Do you work as a professional in the comics industry? Can you give us a sense of the positions you've held, either as a letterer or a binding tech?

Otherwise, if you are really just some guy off the street, can you tell us how you gained such a unique perspective? Someone should march you into the President's office at Marvel right now and get you talking.

Rut Ro....someone got triggered.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Hey J Shit - pretty sure triggered only applies to Tard Fuckers like you.

Still waiting for a response to my first question. Did your aversion to long sentences start with a birth defect, or was it because Daddy locked you under the sink when you left the milk out? Or was it just public school that did it, they force you to read Harold Zinn? He doesn't like long words either.

Hey J Shit - would appreciate the courtesy of a response. buddy. I don't feel good about where we left things.

Just dropping out of a conversation like that is poor manners. We call that a Red Choice, someone might get the wrong idea and have hurt feelings. We know you don't want that.

There are better ways to get along with your friends here at the Farms. We call them Green Choices, it's where we think about others and try to make them feel great! It helps you make friends and learn new things and stay safe.

A Green Choice would be to add a signature to tell people how big words hurt your brain. That way, you can stay safe from words and people know to keep things short. Kind of like how you wear your football helmet everywhere to keep from hurting your head on the sidewalk.

And always take the time to tell other posters 'yes!' when they ask how smart you are. Because you're a good monkey and you know it.

If you have any questions, just ask me or any other member of the Kiwi Farms Trust and Safety Team for help. We want you to enjoy your time making positive contributions to the community.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Hey J Shit - would appreciate the courtesy of a response. buddy. I don't feel good about where we left things.

Just dropping out of a conversation like that is poor manners. We call that a Red Choice, someone might get the wrong idea and have hurt feelings. We know you don't want that.

There are better ways to get along with your friends here at the Farms. We call them Green Choices, it's where we think about others and try to make them feel great! It helps you make friends and learn new things and stay safe.

A Green Choice would be to add a signature to tell people how big words hurt your brain. That way, you can stay safe from words and people know to keep things short. Kind of like how you wear your football helmet everywhere to keep from hurting your head on the sidewalk.

And always take the time to tell other posters 'yes!' when they ask how smart you are. Because you're a good monkey and you know it.

If you have any questions, just ask me or any other member of the Kiwi Farms Trust and Safety Team for help. We want you to enjoy your time making positive contributions to the community.

Another book report. No thanks, I got bored. You're boring.