Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

instythot

kiwifarms.net
that I can agree with. Jeremy is an admitted aspie who does shit for outrage clicks.
Jeremy also made a video of himself "drinking sargon's cum" as a way to own the libs, so there's way more than outrage clicks to laugh at in that cow

FYI: lots of us think both of the sides in the culture war are hilarious, especially the more entrenched they get. The anti-sjw spaghetti is a lot fresher, however. The sjw stuff has needed to reach such a high bar to not just be "more of the same" for years now - see Johnny Yaniv

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's very telling how a couple of posters who have completely bought into the party line of a -gate about funnybooks about men in tights for children see the constant public tantrums by the pillars of their creator community as "good marketing"

It's performative marketing for the existing fanbase and for the people upset at it. As long as Ethan continues to be publicly mad at SJWs and these exceptional individuals don't find a new thing SJWs are interested in to be mad at, Ethan can safely sell comics to these exceptional individuals and even a couple to the people actively mad at him so they can mock his work.

As far as the entire rest of the world goes: the tantrums, screaming and harassment are limiting marketing. No new customers want anything to do with this shit, new creators are going to think long and hard about being associated with public venom and harassment on either side of this and anyone who might be in a position to take a comicsgate ip out of this will look at the screaming chaos and say "too controversial, I'll just license a c tier dc character, thanks!"

It's also telling that one of these exceptional individuals has an almost pathological need to convince people on a site dedicated to laughing at people worth mocking that comicsgate is above reproach
It's also telling how they constantly need to reaffirm themselves in a spiral of talking to each other about how great the movement is. They do this even when no one but themselves post in this thread. I've seen that behavior before by the way; in people who are insecure and unsure trying to psych themselves up out of that uncertainty.

So I'm somewhat sure that these guys are fully aware that the slapfights are destroying their brands, but sunk cost fallacy and tribalism makes them refuse to acknowledge it. Said tribalism then has them completely shove people out of a movement that desperately needs growth, because having the same crowd of whales just blow their money isn't growth.

It's artificial and a bad sign.
https://youtu.be/QLv8PiFGDQw

this is the third vid this dude has made on EVS today and it is still morning time and you are saying we at CG are the exceptional ones?
You seem to be unable to understand, likely because of a false dichotomy, that just because this convenient target that no one ever heard of is a stupid mong, that this does not absolve your group at all.

In fact, you had to GOOGLE this guy and throw him under the bus to hide this, because this fucker struggled to get 100+ views. That... is mentally strange.
except that’s exactly what you’re doing by constantly bashing CG. As you can see, we have been at peace with each other for a few days now. If you don’t like CG that’s fine. I won’t fault you for it as it’s not for everyone. To me it’s just comic books and I buy the ones that capture my interest whether they are CG backed or not.
You were at peace because no one felt like disagreeing or arguing in here for a couple of days and only you guys, the ones playing corpsec for free, were in here.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
I didn't have to google him at all. He showed up on my twitter feed because the author of Napalm Bomb (another sperg in his own right) is friends with this guy and put him up to going after Ethan like that because he believed that Ethan was mocking his campaign.

You know, since I’ve come on this board you’ve gone from a partially normal guy to coming off as really unhinged. What did Comics Gate do to hurt you so bad?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't have to google him at all. He showed up on my twitter feed because the author of Napalm Bomb (another sperg in his own right) is friends with this guy and put him up to going after Ethan like that because he believed that Ethan was mocking his campaign.
So you only know about this guy because you're cripplingly invested in a stagnating movement and this literal who was friends with another literal who in the "Badman" tribe.

Like this shit is middle school tier drama. Coming from full grown men.
You know, since I’ve come on this board you’ve gone from a partially normal guy to coming off as really unhinged. What did Comics Gate do to hurt you so bad?
You only think that now because I'm very clearly disagreeing with you here and you aren't liking that and are now trying to socially shame me on this. Fuck off.

But if I had to say anything on why I think the movement's imploding, here's a list:
  1. Middle-aged men who wanted to create a business free of politics and drama have turned into cliquish crying middleschool girls who can't unplug.
  2. One of them happens to be an egotist that magically seems to be in damn near every intraparty feud and is doing some of the shit that made me stop buying comics in the first place.
  3. Another is a shill for a tard who nuked any attempt to fix the sci-fi writing circles.
  4. Yet another is a sperg who uses his family as a shield and who tries to use "doxing" as a cash grab.
  5. Yet even another is bad about keeping promises and who apparently is so petty he does what weirdos who work in the "pros" do.
  6. Yet even another was just in it for the money.
  7. Pretty much most of these guys are complete embarrassments.
  8. Tribalistic spergs are acting like gay corpsec for these middle aged people, acting very much like the far more exceptional checkmarks of the "Establishment" in the process.
  9. They then proceed to barge in everywhere and desperately self-affirm their values while proving why this movement is now terrible by attacking dissenters.
  10. Fucking pledges of loyalty are seemingly required now, including pressuring people who are trying to oh I don't know, fucking stay out of the fight and be mature.

I've seen this shit before; it was called gamergate, and that ended amazingly. I've seen it happen again; it was called the Sons of Kojima, and that ended retardedly amazingly.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
This is the thing that I keep saying makes Ethan so funny over and over and yet people keep wanting "real world economics and actual real money" addressed.

It's really simple. I, and others, laugh at this because it is objectively funny to watch grown men behave like this over comic books. I would stop laughing at it if the same grown men shut up about it or started consistently acting like adults. I have more respect for Doug than Ethan because Doug followed the "time to act closer to my fucking age" path. Nobody's fucking with @UndeliveredCrowdfundMaste anymore, are they?

I cannot wait for war campaign to become the next SoK

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's performative marketing for the existing fanbase and for the people upset at it. As long as Ethan continues to be publicly mad at SJWs and these exceptional individuals don't find a new thing SJWs are interested in to be mad at, Ethan can safely sell comics to these exceptional individuals and even a couple to the people actively mad at him so they can mock his work.
Anti-SJW sperging may be cringy but it's at least aimed at something that deserves it. What's a lot worse is the idiotic internecine conflicts and ludicrous purity spiraling, reminiscent of SJWs themselves.

I cannot wait for war campaign to become the next SoK
Who will be Fred Fuchs?

Last edited:

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Anti-SJW sperging may be cringy but it's at least aimed at something that deserves it. What's a lot worse is the idiotic internecine conflicts and ludicrous purity spiraling, reminiscent of SJWs themselves.

Who will be Fred Fuchs?
The -gates have that purity spiraling in spades. Something as simple as "I like my hobby the way it is, thanks" , invariably ends with spergouts over optics and who is more committed to the cause

Can we really identify who the Freddy Boy is without seeing how many hours each war campaigner has logged in Skype?

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
except that’s exactly what you’re doing by constantly bashing CG. As you can see, we have been at peace with each other for a few days now. If you don’t like CG that’s fine. I won’t fault you for it as it’s not for everyone. To me it’s just comic books and I buy the ones that capture my interest whether they are CG backed or not.
Seriously why do you keep going back to this whole "your against CG" verdict unless you think CG = EVS and crew? Most people here don't gaf about EVS and his clique. If they want to screw around and beat the anti-SJW drum while making comics that's fine, but that's not what bothers us about them. What bothers us is their absurd "moral" grandstanding, as though they're some kind of saviors or heroes of the comic book industry only for them to behave like the exceptional petty douchebags from the industry they left or were gated out of.

I would also add and emphasize, that the supposed originator of this said movement (or is it a brand now according to @Ivan Shatov) Richard Meyer, has increasingly taken the opposite route as EVS and his clique, i.e. he hardly spends time sperging on social media. Hek, last I checked he doesn't even sperg that much against the SJWs (with the possible exception of Mark Waid which is understandable) in the industry never mind participate (publicly anyway) in any constant in-fighting against people like Mike S. Miller, Doug Tennapel, etc. This is why you don't hear people here rag on Richard/Zach, because guess what? They're not Anti-CG or SJWs.

Last edited:

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
So you only know about this guy because you're cripplingly invested in a stagnating movement and this literal who was friends with another literal who in the "Badman" tribe.

You only think that now because I'm very clearly disagreeing with you here and you aren't liking that and are now trying to socially shame me on this. Fuck off.

But if I had to say anything on why I think the movement's imploding, here's a list:
  1. Middle-aged men who wanted to create a business free of politics and drama have turned into cliquish crying middleschool girls who can't unplug.
  2. One of them happens to be an egotist that magically seems to be in damn near every intraparty feud and is doing some of the shit that made me stop buying comics in the first place.
  3. Another is a shill for a tard who nuked any attempt to fix the sci-fi writing circles.
  4. Yet another is a sperg who uses his family as a shield and who tries to use "doxing" as a cash grab.
  5. Yet even another is bad about keeping promises and who apparently is so petty he does what weirdos who work in the "pros" do.
  6. Yet even another was just in it for the money.
  7. Pretty much most of these guys are complete embarrassments.
  8. Tribalistic spergs are acting like gay corpsec for these middle aged people, acting very much like the far more exceptional checkmarks of the "Establishment" in the process.
  9. They then proceed to barge in everywhere and desperately self-affirm their values while proving why this movement is now terrible by attacking dissenters.
  10. Fucking pledges of loyalty are seemingly required now, including pressuring people who are trying to oh I don't know, fucking stay out of the fight and be mature.n

I've seen this shit before; it was called gamergate, and that ended amazingly. I've seen it happen again; it was called the Sons of Kojima, and that ended retardedly amazingly.
you know, I keep seeing dummies like you comparing this to Gamergate, when in reality they couldn’t be anymore different. Anti CG and people who talk shit about CG everyday are why they don’t let just anyone in anymore to further split up the movement. We saw that first hand with Mike and Doug when they tried to turn CG into their personal Christian Defense Force.

Comics Gate produces product, Gamergate didn’t and that’s why it failed. With CG you have a group of just sitting around having fun with what they do and making money while they are at it. Do you get that same feeling with anti CG? No, you get feelings of bitterness and envy because 90 percent of those guys can’t break five figures in their campaigns no matter how good the art in their comics is. That’s because they don’t come out and support their projects the way CG does.

Comics Gate has grown by leaps and bounds over the last three years and you whining about it isn’t going to change the fact that it will keep growing. The more you attack CG, the more it grows.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Seriously why do you keep going back to this whole "your against CG" verdict unless you think CG = EVS and crew? Most people here don't gaf about EVS and his clique. If they want to screw around and beat the anti-SJW drum while making comics that's fine, but that's not what bothers us about them. What bothers us is their absurd "moral" grandstanding, as though they're some kind of saviors or heroes of the comic book industry only for them to behave like the exceptional petty douchebags from the industry they left or were gated out of.

I would also add and emphasize, that the supposed originator of this said movement (or is it a brand now according to @Ivan Shatov) Richard Meyer, has increasingly taken the opposite route as EVS and his clique, i.e. he hardly spends time sperging on social media. Hek, last I checked he doesn't even sperg that much against the SJWs (with the possible exception of Mark Waid which is understandable) in the industry never mind participate (publicly anyway) in any constant in-fighting against people like Mike S. Miller, Doug Tennapel, etc. This is why you don't hear people here rag on Richard/Zach, because guess what? They're not Anti-CG or SJWs.
Rich is always railing against SJWs, he is one of the few channels that still roasts comics. He does what he does and that’s fine. He keeps to himself, that’s why the only drama that he gets is from the actual mainstream that still wants to put him down.

As for EVS and his crew, their joking and and acting a fool is entertaining. Something that Anti CG is not, and the only time they are entertaining is when they are talking shit on CG, because that is the only way they can get people’s eyes on their product.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
you know, I keep seeing dummies like you comparing this to Gamergate, when in reality they couldn’t be anymore different.
Dunno about that. Dishonest office shittery and bad products are released on purpose due to loony authoritarian bullshit. A variety of consumers and early adopters point this out and the wagons circle and checkmarks reeee. Products made by these adopters and "leaders" are announced and on occasion get released.

Then the petty egos and drama causes said leaders to fall out and start slapfighting over a label, with major leaders either ditching or shutting the fuck up until absolutely necessary due to others they know. Random spergs work for these now utter sobbing bitches in mass gay ops movements as the purity spiral begins. Movement stagnates, and becomes a joke to the larger masses. It dies a hard death until only the most embarrassing and tarded people still reeee about it... oh, and the loonies who try to use it for victim points.

Anti CG and people who talk shit about CG everyday are why they don’t let just anyone in anymore to further split up the movement.
Congratulations, in your pique of ire, you just openly admitted you can't stand people thinking differently to you and are forcing people out to maintain purity you criminally stupid ape.

Consumer movement my ass buddy.
We saw that first hand with Mike and Doug when they tried to turn CG into their personal Christian Defense Force.
Meanwhile having Ethan take the copyright for the movement's name and try to keep it as both a movement as well as his own toy at the same time depending on what he wants is fine.

Cognititve dissonance at its finest.
Comics Gate produces product, Gamergate didn’t and that’s why it failed.
Nope, the embarrassing gay slapfights really did it in you absolute tard, since it makes you look like a bunch of sobbing tweens to potential consumers, and whales only hold so much before you bust.
With CG you have a group of just sitting around having fun with what they do and making money while they are at it.
Having fun my ass.

They make videos crying about each other and snipe on twitter pretty much daily, and you fucking stalk a toilet thought posting website to find some guy who struggles to get 100 views out of this. Zack openly admitted he felt better when he ditched the slapfights.

The fuck, this is some doublethink man.
Do you get that same feeling with anti CG? No, you get feelings of bitterness and envy because 90 percent of those guys can’t break five figures in their campaigns no matter how good the art in their comics is.
Only exceptional individuals deal in absolutes.
That’s because they don’t come out and support their projects the way CG does.
Which relies on whales akin to the DSP "approach", which only works so well as you keep them going in the pot and not ditching for any reason. Not so good when you decide to cut out people for failing purity tests and wonder why the money is drying like the Aral Sea.
Comics Gate has grown by leaps and bounds over the last three years and you whining about it isn’t going to change the fact that it will keep growing. The more you attack CG, the more it grows.
DSP dishonest ego protecting logic at its finest. Using money gains to represent growth ignores that you fuckers peaked in crowd numbers. The only difference is they're willing to give more to the cult.

The only fucker whose grown is Zack, in the sense he actually snagged a license from an actual actor with worth. How did he do that?

Probably not by doing these gay slapfights that's for fucking sure.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Zack is the only that’s grown? Let’s prove why you are wrong. Narwhal’s Foriegn Agent Campaign is about to surpass his first campaign. Sweetcast’s Second campaign is set to surpass his first campaign. Cecil just hit 6 figures. Malin made 50 grand off a variant cover, thus putting him over Zack’s Jawbreakers in sales. How is CG not growing when more and more CG creators keep hitting five figures in their campaigns and doing better on their second campaign?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zack is the only that’s grown? Let’s prove why you are wrong. Narwhal’s Foriegn Agent Campaign is about to surpass his first campaign. Sweetcast’s Second campaign is set to surpass his first campaign. Cecil just hit 6 figures. Malin made 50 grand off a variant cover, thus putting him over Zack’s Jawbreakers in sales. How is CG not growing when more and more CG creators keep hitting five figures in their campaigns and doing better on their second campaign?
Nice job with using money as the growth metric again; probably because it's all you have and it's still not that impressive.

Just because you have whales chucking money out more and more doesn't really mean too much, especially given how apparently happy you are to keep it to a small circle who can only provide so much until the plateau hits.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Nice job with using money as the growth metric again; probably because it's all you have.

Just because you have people chucking money out more and more doesn't really mean too much, especially given how apparently happy you are to keep it to a small circle who can only provide so much until the plateau hits.
It means a whole lot. Comics are taking these people out of poverty and that they hate into a career where they are their own boss and doing what they love for a living. It puts food on their table.

I don’t want Comics Gate to be a small circle, in fact I want it to be like it was in the old days when it was about sticking it to the sjws. But it is what it is, comics in general is a small circle which explains the sagging sales of the mainstream. CG has managed to carve itself a small portion of that market and it’s doing well. It will continue to do so and when it inevitably snags another mainstream property, you can be proven wrong again about how much CG is dying again.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
P
you know, I keep seeing dummies like you comparing this to Gamergate, when in reality they couldn’t be anymore different. Anti CG and people who talk shit about CG everyday are why they don’t let just anyone in anymore to further split up the movement. We saw that first hand with Mike and Doug when they tried to turn CG into their personal Christian Defense Force.

Comics Gate produces product, Gamergate didn’t and that’s why it failed. With CG you have a group of just sitting around having fun with what they do and making money while they are at it. Do you get that same feeling with anti CG? No, you get feelings of bitterness and envy because 90 percent of those guys can’t break five figures in their campaigns no matter how good the art in their comics is. That’s because they don’t come out and support their projects the way CG does.

Gamergate produced Deliverance: Kingdom Come and a host of crowdfunded trash. The production cycle is necessarily longer (or should be, I'm looking at you, Ethan) for gamergate's type of product so in many cases the product didn't arrive until the movement fizzled out.

However: gatekeeping about who gets in, excommunications, optics control run by people intent on proving they are the least qualified for the job, arguing about what true -gating is, endless circlejerking streams with perhaps one that can occasionally be entertaining? It's the same thing over a different product. The main differences being that more of cg has foolishly decided to operate under their government names, cg has not yet made up a bunch of fake Twitter women and minorities to totally prove they aren't racist and sexist and we haven't yet seen a comicsgate Twitter harassment patrol

At least gamergate was good enough at harassing women to get a Justin Trudeau shoutout. Justin will never acknowledge comicsgate, which undoubtedly keeps a certain egotist up at night

Botchy Galoop

Giving y'all the side eye
kiwifarms.net
Well if this thread isn't just the spergiest thread ever! Hence the title, I guess.
I'll just add to the tism here. Been meaning to blather about this whole shitfest for a while. I'm just drunk enough to do so....there are a thousand stories in teh naked city...this is mine.
I lurked KF for several years before I created an account. CG got me checking y'all out erryday, especially after the Meyer v. Waid lawsuit. It wasn't until the Weeb Wars lawsuit that I finally bothered to get a VPN and join. I have backed 17 funny books that are CG or "adjacent" since the circus began. I have received all but 4 of them, Martina Markota's (which is waaaaay overdue) Antonio Brices' (again way overdue), and Red Rooster. (which I probably looked forward to the most) ....I did just back Earthbound, mainly because YaBoi's bemusement at this comic intrigued me.

I am an art appreciator, but until CG, I never bought a comic book in my life. I happened upon Ethan's Youtube channel and the rest is history. He sold me, not only on his books, but on a lot of the other books. Ethan is/was a great salesman and my purchases gave me the additional satisfaction of supporting Indie creators while sticking it to the big 2 and their SJW ideologies. The late shipments really haven't soured me as much as the continuing drama on Youtube did. I no longer enjoy watching Ethan, in fact, of all the CG channels I used to follow, I only watch Ya Boi anymore. Since I don't watch Ethan, I probably won't continue purchasing comics from the people he promotes. Simples. Don't get me wrong. I still really love the art @FROG, and am pleased with the Chromium and the Salamadroid and Ashcans (that I finally just received), I just find the drama juvenile and exhausting and the livestreams go on too long. WC is cringe also. But whatever.

What it comes down to, is that I most likely won't be a customer of CG books anymore. Guess I'll just put the comics away in my longbox, along with my Alterna Comics (love the newsprint funnies) and feel vaguely sad that something I thought may have a some kind of impact seems to have become just another example of human folly. At any rate, I wish all the creators good fortune and thanks for all the fish.

Last edited:

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
P

Gamergate produced Deliverance: Kingdom Come and a host of crowdfunded trash. The production cycle is necessarily longer (or should be, I'm looking at you, Ethan) for gamergate's type of product so in many cases the product didn't arrive until the movement fizzled out.

However: gatekeeping about who gets in, excommunications, optics control run by people intent on proving they are the least qualified for the job, arguing about what true -gating is, endless circlejerking streams with perhaps one that can occasionally be entertaining? It's the same thing over a different product. The main differences being that more of cg has foolishly decided to operate under their government names, cg has not yet made up a bunch of fake Twitter women and minorities to totally prove they aren't racist and sexist and we haven't yet seen a comicsgate Twitter harassment patrol

At least gamergate was good enough at harassing women to get a Justin Trudeau shoutout. Justin will never acknowledge comicsgate, which undoubtedly keeps a certain egotist up at night
why would Ethan want a soy boy like Trudeau to acknowledge Comicsgate? The SJW crowd are doing their best to ignore CG right now.

Wedge

Didn't help blow up two Death Stars for this crap
kiwifarms.net
why would Ethan want a soy boy like Trudeau to acknowledge Comicsgate? The SJW crowd are doing their best to ignore CG right now.
No, I believe that anyone who enjoys comics and not the behind the scenes drama will be steering clear.

When you have people who are in CG afraid of saying the wrong thing and a cg mob coming after them, what's the difference between the Big Two then?

Do you think people get into Marvel or DC get there by talent alone or by kissing ass?
How do they get into cg?
Kissing ass.

Same idea. Different asses.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
No, I believe that anyone who enjoys comics and not the behind the scenes drama will be steering clear.

When you have people who are in CG afraid of saying the wrong thing and a cg mob coming after them, what's the difference between the Big Two then?

Do you think people get into Marvel or DC get there by talent alone or by kissing ass?
How do they get into cg?
Kissing ass.

Same idea. Different asses.
you act like Your saying something new. Every group has their zealots, so what? Have you seen the people that Comics gate rejects? Preston Poulter got rejected for kissing Ethan’s ass a little too much. John Del Arroz got rejected for being an egostistical alt right moron. Nerkish got booted for being a fence sitter. Doug got booted for being a grifter. Mike S. Miller got booted for siding with Doug. Comic Book Hut got booted for making tons of videos trashing Ethan and other members of CG.

What’s the common thread among all these guys, they are all spergs who let their ego get in the way of them making money. That‘s why CG has to vest someone before they let them in their group.

You don’t have to kiss Ethan‘s ass to be a part of CG. You just have to be a cool person and help support other members of CG that way everyone has a chance to be successful with their campaigns. So yeah, loyalty is expected when these bigger guys take time out of their day to promote your book for free on their platform that has access to at least a thousand people on any given day. This is thousands of dollars worth of marketing given to a person for free and then you expect someone not to feel some type of way when said just walks away with their money to do their own thing instead of paying it forward?

That’s bullshit and that‘s the difference between the big two and CG. With CG anybody can get in and have their book get attention. With Marvel and DC, you have to have the right politics and all the boxes checked. Even then the books will still sell like crap because the general public really isn’t interested buying These comics for reasons I’m sure you and I both know.

Basically, when you are CG you have more of being a success because you have help from people who know what they are doing when it comes to marketing to people and other technical aspects, you already have a built in market who are willing to look at your book and you own your own IP.

Tags
None