Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

instythot

kiwifarms.net
My experience is that they'll gladly walk into whatever lions den they have to in order to push the agenda. And being 'anon' here to begin with, why wouldn't they gay-op their way to happiness? No escapism is the SJW way. No stone left unslimed, no floor left unshat upon.
Maybe, but in between eating to get as fat as they are, which is definitely a two handed job and tweeting, when do they have time for that?

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
I really doubt that the anti cg figureheads would spend their time trying to win people over in a kiwi farms containment thread when the real battlegrounds are Twitter and YouTube. Why Ethan continues to pop in around here himself is inexplicable, but funny enough to keep some of us coming back to check on it after the "refund my credit card interest" stupidity came to an end
Never underestimate stupid.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Okay, let's run with that premise for a moment. Let's suppose that there are actual SJWs in this thread arguing with a handful of die-hard comicsgate supporters

To what end?
If by actual SJWs, you mean Edwin, Mike, Doug, Preston and Comic Book Hut, that's not a fair question. No one can explain crazy.

Edwin has an account on the Farms, CBH has talked about having one and Preston has repeated language from the Farms before. Dunno about the others.

• Dislike
  • Islamic Content
Reactions: Wedge and Wise Man

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Can a movement that prides itself on battling social justice even be considered relevant if Justin Testosterone has not identified it as a threat to women on par with actual violence?

You may be missing that people enjoy laughing at this whole ridiculous situation, and will crack a few jokes in the middle of laughing at very funny set of events
That's small time. The big brain move is to get Trump to tweet about Comicsgate.

If by actual SJWs, you mean Edwin, Mike, Doug, Preston and Comic Book Hut, that's not a fair question. No one can explain crazy.

Edwin has an account on the Farms, CBH has talked about having one and Preston has repeated language from the Farms before. Dunno about the others.
Mike and Doug don't have accounts and I doubt Edwin would make a sock to talk shit.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
You spend a lot of time suggesting Comicsgate is in decline.

Perhaps you could share metrics to support that statement?
1581715833000.png

Book sales are harder to track and there isn't enough data points, as CG series at this point have at most 2 issues and I'd like to see at least 3 before talking about trends. I know Malin and Zack increased from issue 1-2 (using a prediction before the store and Waid fuckery for Zack's 1st), although I'm pretty sure Zack and EVS's channels were still increasing subscribers at the time. It'll be interesting to see how it continues due to channel stagnation.

I doubt Edwin would make a sock to talk shit.
There's an account with his name on it @edwin_boyette I thought it sounded like him when he first appeared, but it could always be a gayop.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
There's an account with his name on it @edwin_boyette I thought it sounded like him when he first appeared, but it could always be a gayop.
Right right, I should have been more clear. I knew about that account and I'm pretty sure that it is actually Edwin's. What I meant is that I doubt Edwin would make another anonymous account to stir the pot. If he has anything to say here, he's gonna use his name.

instythot

kiwifarms.net

Okay, sure.

On the other hand, we've recently seen that some of the comicsgate defense squad is having some trouble mistaking openly declared jokes for actual arguments. Is it perhaps possible that the disagreements that the CDS has seen in here are just regular users who think their positions are dumb rather than SJWs pursuing comicsgate to the ends of the internet to try to strike a mortal blow to the movement through a forum post?

Reactions: Arilea and Adamska

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, sure.

On the other hand, we've recently seen that some of the comicsgate defense squad is having some trouble mistaking openly declared jokes for actual arguments. Is it perhaps possible that the disagreements that the CDS has seen in here are just regular users who think their positions are dumb rather than SJWs pursuing comicsgate to the ends of the internet to try to strike a mortal blow to the movement through a forum post?
This is pretty much me. Also not a fan of the purity spiral and massive insecurity problems, because holy fucking shit you can just 'x' out of the drama like Zack did and just fucking make and/or buy the books.

I'm doing that with the Expendables one even though I do think 30 bucks is too much; my one regret is I can only really buy one of the covers, and I think it's a toss up between Yaboi's and the Chromium one.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1144938

Book sales are harder to track and there isn't enough data points, as CG series at this point have at most 2 issues and I'd like to see at least 3 before talking about trends. I know Malin and Zack increased from issue 1-2 (using a prediction before the store and Waid fuckery for Zack's 1st), although I'm pretty sure Zack and EVS's channels were still increasing subscribers at the time. It'll be interesting to see how it continues due to channel stagnation.

Those charts display numbers of views / subscribers gained over the previous day. I don't see any big dips there, just increases in popularity.

Does ComicsArtistProSecrets view / subscriber count really speak for the success of Comicsgate, either as a movement or a commercial success? Asking because a lot of his growth happened when he was talking about Star Wars. Not positive affinity audiences translate into comic sales.

Okay, sure.

@instythot, that's totally possible. There's a group of people who come here just to say shit about EVS, I've pointed out their arguments are too abstract to really affect people's impressions.

If people want to hurt EVS, they need to channel their attacks into something that will resonate with more people. Comicsgate has matured as a business ecosystem, ideological assaults only resonate with idiots like Mike and Doug. Those dumbshits only attract an average of 200 viewers per stream, that's a miniscule segment of the Comicsgate audience.

The question I'd ask back is why would you put it beyond them to come here to spew about EVS? These knuckledraggers spend weeks of their lives jibbering on YouTube streams no one watches. We already know they spend hours daily broadcasting spite for no attention, why would they not post stuff here where they know EVS will read it?

This question is kind of important. A lot of people talk about the schism in Comicsgate and how it keeps creators away because they don't want the drama. Anti-comicsgaters are a tiny fraction of the audience. The impression of a schism does not seem to reflect its actual significance, it's like Glassdoor complaints that people read and ignore.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Those charts display numbers of views / subscribers gained over the previous day. I don't see any big dips there, just increases in popularity.

Does ComicsArtistProSecrets view / subscriber count really speak for the success of Comicsgate, either as a movement or a commercial success? Asking because a lot of his growth happened when he was talking about Star Wars. Not positive affinity audiences translate into comic sales.

@instythot, that's totally possible. There's a group of people who come here just to say shit about EVS, I've pointed out their arguments are too abstract to really affect people's impressions.

If people want to hurt EVS, they need to channel their attacks into something that will resonate with more people. Comicsgate has matured as a business ecosystem, ideological assaults only resonate with idiots like Mike and Doug. Those dumbshits only attract an average of 200 viewers per stream, that's a miniscule segment of the Comicsgate audience.

The question I'd ask back is why would you put it beyond them to come here to spew about EVS? These knuckledraggers spend weeks of their lives jibbering on YouTube streams no one watches. We already know they spend hours daily broadcasting spite for no attention, why would they not post stuff here where they know EVS will read it?

This question is kind of important. A lot of people talk about the schism in Comicsgate and how it keeps creators away because they don't want the drama. Anti-comicsgaters are a tiny fraction of the audience. The impression of a schism does not seem to reflect its actual significance, it's like Glassdoor complaints that people read and ignore.
Why I put it past them? Because whenever I pop into this containment thread, the people that are apparently SJWs are typically fairly long standing accounts that find a wide variety of things dumb and worth laughing at and from where I come into it from, they just seem find the entire thing with its elevated autism readings dumb and funny

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Why I put it past them? Because whenever I pop into this containment thread, the people that are apparently SJWs are typically fairly long standing accounts that find a wide variety of things dumb and worth laughing at and from where I come into it from, they just seem find the entire thing with its elevated autism readings dumb and funny
NICE TRY RENFAMOUS YOUR ALT IS REVEALED

THIS WHOLE CONTAINMENT THREAD WAS A TRAP

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Then you need to get your eyes checked. Ethan's the biggest CG channel and it has seen no growth for the past several months and it's views have been steadily slipping.
1581723821420.png1581723763925.png

EVS needs to reach the largest audience possible to sell his books through non traditional means, as CG have repeatedly pointed out no "media" covers them. EVS has talked about making even more money on his next campaign, well his current engaged audience is ~1/20th from when he ended the first cyberfrog campaign. I don't think he's going to starve by any means, but he's making that job harder.

And he didn't get a ROS bump? Sad.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Then you need to get your eyes checked. Ethan's the biggest CG channel and it has seen no growth for the past several months and it's views have been steadily slipping.
View attachment 1145147View attachment 1145146

EVS needs to reach the largest audience possible to sell his books through non traditional means, as CG have repeatedly pointed out no "media" covers them. EVS has talked about making even more money on his next campaign, well his current engaged audience is ~1/20th from when he ended the first cyberfrog campaign. I don't think he's going to starve by any means, but he's making that job harder.

And he didn't get a ROS bump? Sad.
the progress of EVS’s next book will be interesting to watch. I’m more interested in seeing how Mike S. Miller’s campaign is going to turn out. That guy is a train wreck that I just can’t look away from. Also, I want to see how Doug‘s Bigfoot Bill 2 pans out now that I hear Sean Gordon Murphy is doing a cover for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Jub-Jub

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
the progress of EVS’s next book will be interesting to watch. I’m more interested in seeing how Mike S. Miller’s campaign is going to turn out. That guy is a train wreck that I just can’t look away from. Also, I want to see how Doug‘s Bigfoot Bill 2 pans out now that I hear Sean Gordon Murphy is doing a cover for him.
I didn't know Sean was doing a cover. That's cool, gonna have to check that out

Wedge

Didn't help blow up two Death Stars for this crap
kiwifarms.net
Please tell me that someone calling Doug a SJW was a joke.

If it isn't, Ethan promised to meet you outside on your closest rail road track. Just stand in the middle of the tracks, a bit of the way out of the lighting and wait.

Special kind of stupid saying someone with that much of a Deep Jesus thing is a SJW.
Especially when Ethan was upset that Doug was coming after his kind by not loving the gays.

Tags
None