Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

Wedge

Didn't help blow up two Death Stars for this crap
kiwifarms.net
Wow.
So fuck the troops too eh?

Do you know why he donated books to that specific base or do you want to he told? I'm betting no on both.

Right Wing Social Justice is the funniest shit I've ever heard. When's your stand up special?

Bible Thumper is probably the term you're looking for but since it would make you incorrect you'd not own up to it.

Enjoy buying every book because youre told to and not because you want to.

No one told me to buy any of the books I've supported. I read the pitch and decided from there.

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
This is pretty much me. Also not a fan of the purity spiral and massive insecurity problems, because holy fucking shit you can just 'x' out of the drama like Zack did and just fucking make and/or buy the books.

I'm doing that with the Expendables one even though I do think 30 bucks is too much; my one regret is I can only really buy one of the covers, and I think it's a toss up between Yaboi's and the Chromium one.
Actually, the Kyle Ritter chromium book is a completely separate book. It’s similar to Doug’s “Making of” book for EWJ. Zack just did a very poor job explaining that. If you’re actually interested in reading the book, get Ya Boi’s cover.

• Winner
Reactions: Adamska

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Wow.
So fuck the troops too eh?

Do you know why he donated books to that specific base or do you want to he told? I'm betting no on both.

Right Wing Social Justice is the funniest shit I've ever heard. When's your stand up special?

Bible Thumper is probably the term you're looking for but since it would make you incorrect you'd not own up to it.

Enjoy buying every book because youre told to and not because you want to.

No one told me to buy any of the books I've supported. I read the pitch and decided from there.
no it’s not fuck the troops. If Doug wanted wanted to donate to them than that’s fine, but he didnt have to use that as an opportunity to virtue signal while taking a shot at his enemies and then cry foul when they shot back at him.

Wedge

kiwifarms.net
no it’s not fuck the troops. If Doug wanted wanted to donate to them than that’s fine, but he didnt have to use that as an opportunity to virtue signal while taking a shot at his enemies and then cry foul when they shot back at him.
Not every thing is a virtue signal. I dislike Ethan and Tug but if they donated some of their books to a school or libraries I'd say good job.

You can dislike someone but still admit when they do right. Look at Trump derangement syndrome. Some of the hate borders on that here.

In fact, you'd probably find most of us here don't think much differently than you. Most of us just dislike how things are being done and how people are acting on both sides.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
You know, there's the option of just not caring about Doug since he decided cg wasn't for him. You don't have to hate everything about him just because he'd rather do business in a slightly different way than Ethan

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
It feels like a little context is needed here because there's some very strange shit going on at the moment.

Mike S. Miller burned a copy of Cyberfrog on a livestream 'in disgust' (read, yet another troll-fail from Mike) after EVS jokingly called Doug a 'war profiteer' for using the delivery of his 'for the troops tier' to moralfag in a tweet about 'all his good works' in contrast to Cecil's spite marketing.
Being Mike, of course he fucked even that up and a 17 second clip of the burning circulated and caused some controversy.

EVS uploaded this reaction to the clip (timestamped)....

For those that can't be bothered, It's a react video to Mike burning Cyberfrog Bloodhoney while his exceptional kid whines in the background that Mike is 'burning his book'.
EVS leapt on this 17 seconds of completely out of context video circulated by WC and represented it as an act of child cruelty while clutching his pearls. The context however was a little different.
The whiny tard was just doing that 'everything is MINE!' shit that small kids and tards are prone to, but a minute later he's all like, 'so what are we burning next dad?'
This is the context, which EVS belatedly acknowledges BTW, but remains oddly butt hurt for a guy that burned Doug's original art for shits and giggles.

Does he take any responsibility for propagating this malicious cancel culture tactic of clipping videos and tweets out of context to fuck with someone? Fuck no.
Mike is to blame apparently because, 'that's just the internet bro and the internet doesn't care about context', a stance that conveniently negates any requirement for honesty or accuracy on his part for misrepresenting shit.
Let me say this for the cheap seats @FROG, context fucking matters. Especially when it's being obfuscated to push a cancel culture agenda and you are absolutely employing the tactics of cancel culture right now as you as you clutch your pearls and say, regardless of context, 'yikes, not a good look Mike'.
One would think that context especially mattered to a man labeled a Nazi for a Sinestro sketchbook, but I guess those Covington kids got what they deserved for being dumb enough to get clipped out of context too.

It's become crystal clear at this point that EVS marketing strategy has only one string to it's bow, 'buy _____ to own the ______'s, because fuck those _____s'.
When the SJW's wisely started ignoring CG, Ethan had to hitch his outrage plough to another target to sell books and it's very noticeable that not a single stream goes by without Doug, Mike or Edwin's name being invoked to sell shit these days in place of Mags, Renfamous and Waid. Especially when it comes to Cecil, who's just obnoxious lately.
At this stage comicsgate's tactics don't seem any different to their critics both within comicsgate and the mainstream. The moral fagging, cyberstalking and the endless bringing up of old tweets as currency to reinforce a 'cancel this person' narrative, not to mention the obvious outrage bating for clicks and clout by speds on a course of mutually assured destruction. Like I said, very weird.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
It feels like a little context is needed here because there's some very strange shit going on at the moment.

Mike S. Miller burned a copy of Cyberfrog on a livestream 'in disgust' (read, yet another troll-fail from Mike) after EVS jokingly called Doug a 'war profiteer' for using the delivery of his 'for the troops tier' to moralfag in a tweet about 'all his good works' in contrast to Cecil's spite marketing.
Being Mike, of course he fucked even that up and a 17 second clip of the burning circulated and caused some controversy.

EVS uploaded this reaction to the clip (timestamped)....

For those that can't be bothered, It's a react video to Mike burning Cyberfrog Bloodhoney while his exceptional kid whines in the background that Mike is 'burning his book'.
EVS leapt on this 17 seconds of completely out of context video circulated by WC and represented it as an act of child cruelty while clutching his pearls. The context however was a little different.
The whiny tard was just doing that 'everything is MINE!' shit that small kids and tards are prone to, but a minute later he's all like, 'so what are we burning next dad?'
This is the context, which EVS belatedly acknowledges BTW, but remains oddly butt hurt for a guy that burned Doug's original art for shits and giggles.

Does he take any responsibility for propagating this malicious cancel culture tactic of clipping videos and tweets out of context to fuck with someone? Fuck no.
Mike is to blame apparently because, 'that's just the internet bro and the internet doesn't care about context', a stance that conveniently negates any requirement for honesty or accuracy on his part for misrepresenting shit.
Let me say this for the cheap seats @FROG, context fucking matters. Especially when it's being obfuscated to push a cancel culture agenda and you are absolutely employing the tactics of cancel culture right now as you as you clutch your pearls and say, regardless of context, 'yikes, not a good look Mike'.
One would think that context especially mattered to a man labeled a Nazi for a Sinestro sketchbook, but I guess those Covington kids got what they deserved for being dumb enough to get clipped out of context too.

It's become crystal clear at this point that EVS marketing strategy has only one string to it's bow, 'buy _____ to own the ______'s, because fuck those _____s'.
When the SJW's wisely started ignoring CG, Ethan had to hitch his outrage plough to another target to sell books and it's very noticeable that not a single stream goes by without Doug, Mike or Edwin's name being invoked to sell shit these days in place of Mags, Renfamous and Waid. Especially when it comes to Cecil, who's just obnoxious lately.
At this stage comicsgate's tactics don't seem any different to their critics both within comicsgate and the mainstream. The moral fagging, cyberstalking and the endless bringing up of old tweets as currency to reinforce a 'cancel this person' narrative, not to mention the obvious outrage bating for clicks and clout by speds on a course of mutually assured destruction. Like I said, very weird.
yeah I purposely didn’t bring that up because I feel like Mike S. Miller could warrant a thread all on his own with the stupid shit he does and the people he surrounds himself with. He stuck his nose in a situation he really had nothing to do with, and then he makes a video the next day with Methwin calling thousands of CG fans stupid knowing damn well they make up most of the base that would buy his comics. He truly is his own worst enemy.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
yeah I purposely didn’t bring that up because I feel like Mike S. Miller could warrant a thread all on his own with the stupid shit he does and the people he surrounds himself with. He stuck his nose in a situation he really had nothing to do with, and then he makes a video the next day with Methwin calling thousands of CG fans stupid knowing damn well they make up most of the base that would buy his comics. He truly is his own worst enemy.
Imagine making a child scream watching you burn a book to get attention on the Internet.

Mike is an attention whore whose grudges consume him. He could have burnt that book a thousand other ways, instead he made his kid watch.

That video is disgusting. EVS calling him out on it is the least anyone could do.

Nippy

kiwifarms.net
how do you extract this much anger for only one side of the divide in response to a post detailing the exceptionalism and underhandedness of both parties? What's in it for you?

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
how do you extract this much anger for only one side of the divide in response to a post detailing the exceptionalism and underhandedness of both parties? What's in it for you?
entertainment, pure and simple. This is Kiwi Farms where we watch train wrecks in slow motion and that’s exactly what the whole CG war is. And I’m not angry at either side as I buy both CG and anti CG books. I’m not gonna bash Mike for how he raises his kid. I don’t know what he goes through in regards to that, but however I can fault him for releasing that video knowing damn well his enemies will use any opportunity to strike out at him. He didn’t have to go charging in for Doug who is more than capable of defending himself against EVS and his crew. He could have watched the video before he uploaded it and thought to himself, “How are people who aren’t in my circle going to take this video?”

Doug and Mike got fake outraged over EVS and Cecil calling Doug a war profiteer in jest and EVS took a clip out of context to strike back at Mike. It’s this outrage that keeps the public’s interest and fuels sales, as we can see with Ethan‘s latest campaign that’s about to hit 17,000 it’s first day. It’s just so that CG knows how to use this tactic to better effect than Anti CG.

So yeah, while there are no good guys here I am allowed to like one side more than the other.

Last edited:

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not talking about money or the size of the audience, I'm talking about morality and lolcow behavior. Ethan could torture a cat or suck a tranny off live on camera and it would all be for the glory of CG.
He certianly seems to be able to play an out of context clip, that makes it look like a visit from CPS is in order for Mike, without anybody being horrified, and use it to sell black light posters to an audience that I'm fairly certain should never, and I mean never, turn on a UV lamp in their bedrooms.... I'm beginning to wonder if plowing a tranny live on air wouldn't actually perk up sales TBH. He should make it a stretch goal.

• Winner
Reactions: instythot and Wedge

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Mike's a big fucking tard for doing that.

Ethan's also a tard, and a hypocritical one too, he just has bigger tards that make him look less tardish. Kind of the Ugly Friend approach if you will.
Mike is incredible in the way he has a very small following but manages to pull unfathomably autistic stunts that even manage to get mainstream attention (like the time he drew over a dead artist’s breakdowns). He manages to nuke his subscriber count on an almost weekly basis and it’s shocking he still pulls the views that he does.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
entertainment, pure and simple. This is Kiwi Farms where we watch train wrecks in slow motion and that’s exactly what the whole CG war is. And I’m not angry at either as I buy both CG and anti CG books. I’m not gonna bash Mike for how he raises his kid. I don’t know what he goes through in regards to that, but however I can fault him for releasing that video knowing damn well his enemies will use any opportunity to strike out at him. He didn’t have to go charging in for Doug who is more than capable of defending himself against EVS and his crew. He could have watched the video before he uploaded it and thought to himself, “How are people who aren’t in my circle going to take this video?”

Doug and Mike got fake outraged over EVS and Cecil calling Doug a war profiteer in jest and EVS took a clip out of context to strike back at Mike. It’s this outrage that keeps the public’s interest and fuels sales, as we can see with Ethan‘s latest campaign that’s about to hit 17,000 it’s first day. It’s just so that CG knows how to use this tactic to better effect than Anti CG.

So yeah, while there are no good guys here I am allowed to like one side more than the other.
You are much more generous than most people.

I'm not talking about money or the size of the audience, I'm talking about morality and lolcow behavior. Ethan could torture a cat or suck a tranny off live on camera and it would all be for the glory of CG.
Not many people care about ideological arguments. If you want to shriek about right and wrong, go ahead. Try to remember you're spitting in the wind.

There's a difference about right and wrong when it comes to Ethan and Mike.

Ethan has an audience, he doesn't really do much besides talk on streams and publish books. He's never fixed on any plan, deadlines and opinions can change. The people who follow him know what to expect, as long as he doesn't stray outside those bounds he's good. People who discover him through Star Wars and Marvel think he's funny.

Mike doesn't have an audience. He spends his time condemning others, cutting up live animals, and burning books in front of children. The people who follow him know what to expect, but it's a tiny group. People who don't follow him just see this little man doing strange things that seem wrong. They hear about his videos and wonder why YouTube would allow his to publish stuff like that.

There is no schism, there are no two sides. For there to be, people would need to care what Mike has to say. No one does, the only reason people remember his name is because Ethan keeps using him for jokes. He's a clown providing endless entertainment, unintentionally.

We will see if Doug is still relevant. His audience will be much smaller this year.

Ethan said he's delaying the launch of the Rekt Planet campaign to give Doug a chance to do Earthworm Jim. I believe that's a mistake, he should go head to head and crush Doug's campaign. Knock him off, make it not financially viable to continue crowdfunding, end this bullshit about a schism. Everything I see points to success if he chooses to go this way.

But that's how Ethan works, he's being merciful and leaving the job to Cecil.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Holy fucking hell. You must be sore from jerking yourself off there sperg.

Yeah, Mike's a big fucking tard for doing that.

Ethan's also a tard, and a hypocritical one too, he just has bigger tards that make him look less tardish. Kind of the Ugly Friend approach if you will.
How can people not get this?

It'd rock to watch the tards defend him though

Wedge

kiwifarms.net
You are much more generous than most people.

Not many people care about ideological arguments. If you want to shriek about right and wrong, go ahead. Try to remember you're spitting in the wind.

There's a difference about right and wrong when it comes to Ethan and Mike.

Ethan has an audience, he doesn't really do much besides talk on streams and publish books. He's never fixed on any plan, deadlines and opinions can change. The people who follow him know what to expect, as long as he doesn't stray outside those bounds he's good. People who discover him through Star Wars and Marvel think he's funny.

Mike doesn't have an audience. He spends his time condemning others, cutting up live animals, and burning books in front of children. The people who follow him know what to expect, but it's a tiny group. People who don't follow him just see this little man doing strange things that seem wrong. They hear about his videos and wonder why YouTube would allow his to publish stuff like that.

There is no schism, there are no two sides. For there to be, people would need to care what Mike has to say. No one does, the only reason people remember his name is because Ethan keeps using him for jokes. He's a clown providing endless entertainment, unintentionally.

We will see if Doug is still relevant. His audience will be much smaller this year.

Ethan said he's delaying the launch of the Rekt Planet campaign to give Doug a chance to do Earthworm Jim. I believe that's a mistake, he should go head to head and crush Doug's campaign. Knock him off, make it not financially viable to continue crowdfunding, end this bullshit about a schism. Everything I see points to success if he chooses to go this way.

But that's how Ethan works, he's being merciful and leaving the job to Cecil.
Are you sure he's giving Doug a chance or he's worried with two options, people might choose Doug?

Doug will be relevant for quite a while. EWJ and Neverhood are always talked about. Like him or not, his books are high quality and stories are good.

Then again, he's part of the Military Industrial Complex and making money off of Dead Troops. I think he and Dick Cheney feed on the blood of the innocent as well. I'd have to ask Ethan to be sure though. He's a fountain of unbias knowledge.

Tags
None