Comicsgate Hangers-On and Drama Whores - A thread about some guy who's mad about Star Wars and the neckbeards obsessively stalking him

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are much more generous than most people.

Not many people care about ideological arguments. If you want to shriek about right and wrong, go ahead. Try to remember you're spitting in the wind.

There's a difference about right and wrong when it comes to Ethan and Mike.

Ethan has an audience, he doesn't really do much besides talk on streams and publish books. He's never fixed on any plan, deadlines and opinions can change. The people who follow him know what to expect, as long as he doesn't stray outside those bounds he's good. People who discover him through Star Wars and Marvel think he's funny.

Mike doesn't have an audience. He spends his time condemning others, cutting up live animals, and burning books in front of children. The people who follow him know what to expect, but it's a tiny group. People who don't follow him just see this little man doing strange things that seem wrong. They hear about his videos and wonder why YouTube would allow his to publish stuff like that.

There is no schism, there are no two sides. For there to be, people would need to care what Mike has to say. No one does, the only reason people remember his name is because Ethan keeps using him for jokes. He's a clown providing endless entertainment, unintentionally.

We will see if Doug is still relevant. His audience will be much smaller this year.

Ethan said he's delaying the launch of the Rekt Planet campaign to give Doug a chance to do Earthworm Jim. I believe that's a mistake, he should go head to head and crush Doug's campaign. Knock him off, make it not financially viable to continue crowdfunding, end this bullshit about a schism. Everything I see points to success if he chooses to go this way.

But that's how Ethan works, he's being merciful and leaving the job to Cecil.

Because that's a lot of words and a lot of desperation to pretend that the gay slapfights are nothing, those other guys that the Frogman says are bad are nothing to the movement, that things are fine Fine FINE, and that the Frogman is totally not responsible for his own share of gay drama given it takes two to tard fight on twitter and youtube usually.

This is Nu Wars shill tier level of cope.

Last edited:

Nippy

kiwifarms.net
Mike is incredible in the way he has a very small following but manages to pull unfathomably autistic stunts that even manage to get mainstream attention (like the time he drew over a dead artist’s breakdowns). He manages to nuke his subscriber count on an almost weekly basis and it’s shocking he still pulls the views that he does.
it's especially sad because all these boomers have to do to look better in comparison than cg is literally do and say nothing. They don't do themselves any favors by propping up exceptional individuals like comic book hut either.

You are much more generous than most people.

Not many people care about ideological arguments. If you want to shriek about right and wrong, go ahead. Try to remember you're spitting in the wind.

There's a difference about right and wrong when it comes to Ethan and Mike.

Ethan has an audience, he doesn't really do much besides talk on streams and publish books. He's never fixed on any plan, deadlines and opinions can change. The people who follow him know what to expect, as long as he doesn't stray outside those bounds he's good. People who discover him through Star Wars and Marvel think he's funny.

Mike doesn't have an audience. He spends his time condemning others, cutting up live animals, and burning books in front of children. The people who follow him know what to expect, but it's a tiny group. People who don't follow him just see this little man doing strange things that seem wrong. They hear about his videos and wonder why YouTube would allow his to publish stuff like that.

There is no schism, there are no two sides. For there to be, people would need to care what Mike has to say. No one does, the only reason people remember his name is because Ethan keeps using him for jokes. He's a clown providing endless entertainment, unintentionally.

We will see if Doug is still relevant. His audience will be much smaller this year.

Ethan said he's delaying the launch of the Rekt Planet campaign to give Doug a chance to do Earthworm Jim. I believe that's a mistake, he should go head to head and crush Doug's campaign. Knock him off, make it not financially viable to continue crowdfunding, end this bullshit about a schism. Everything I see points to success if he chooses to go this way.

But that's how Ethan works, he's being merciful and leaving the job to Cecil.
This whole thing was founded on moral and ideological principles. What is outrage, which EVS and crew undoubtedly traffics in, but ideological wankery? You keep trying to appeal to scale, as if Mike’s autism negates EVS autism. Mike being pathetic isn't going to expand Ethan's audience. It doesn't make him any less repugnant, or a better artist or comic book creator to anyone with half a brain cell.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's especially sad because all these boomers have to do to look better in comparison than cg is literally do and say nothing. They don't do themselves any favors by propping up exceptional individuals like comic book hut either.
Case in point, why you never see me talk shit about Zack. He unplugged, and because of that he is not involved in anything beyond a tardfight started by Manbaby Waid. He also is the only guy besides Doug interestingly enough who managed to get an IP, and the one with the better one IMO (despite me thinking the Expendables kind of suck).

It's also why I suspect he was coerced into dropping a support video, since that happened a few days after this was repeatedly brought up.
This whole thing was founded on moral and ideological principles. What is outrage, which EVS and crew undoubtedly traffics in, but ideological wankery? You keep trying to appeal to scale, as if Mike’s autism negates EVS autism. Mike being pathetic isn't going to expand Ethan's audience. It doesn't make him any less repugnant, or a better artist or comic book creator to anyone with half a brain cell.
Tu qoque is the term I think, where the actions of x clearly negate that y can be similarly, if less so stupid. It'd be like saying "Oh the sun is boiling and vaporizingly hot, but them sunspots are cold as fuck", ignoring that yeah, sunspots are cooler than the rest of the sun... but still thousands of degrees.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net

Damn nigga, they're just making comics, relax. Also I thought a point of CG was to make space for people to make comics without being slapped by the corporate cock, not forcing people out of the game over dumb slights

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Are you sure he's giving Doug a chance or he's worried with two options, people might choose Doug?
That lad is being exceptional as fuck.
Ethan stated on a livestream that he has 11 pages of Rekt Planet completed. He's just commited to, I guess, 12 pages for Jordan Peterson's new book. That lad doesn't give a fuck about running against Doug or giving other campaigns breathing room, he's going to get roasted alive by his own fans if he's a year late again so March is the absolute minimum date he can launch and hope to hit a Christmas deadline.

Oh, and I laughed my ass of when I saw he was offering 10 of those 11 completed pages plus some bonus material as a special preview at the knock down price of two bucks less then the full book will cost you when it launches. Talk about a play for the suckers.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
IBM was founded on calculators and ticker tape machines. Movements / organizations / whatever are not static.

An autist who builds a multi-million dollar business is a useful autist. A dumbshit no-talent like Mike is pathetic, calling him an autist gives him too much credit.

EVS has used Mike to expand his audience in various ways. Cecil by proxy is expanding his audience using Doug right now. It's fun to watch. Is there really a difference between them using anti-comicsgate for laughs and what we do with lolcows?

Damn nigga, they're just making comics, relax. Also I thought a point of CG was to make space for people to make comics without being slapped by the corporate cock, not forcing people out of the game over dumb slights
True, they are just comics. Wish the losers could keep that in perspective.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
IBM was founded on calculators and ticker tape machines. Movements / organizations / whatever are not static.

An autist who builds a multi-million dollar business is a useful autist. A dumbshit no-talent like Mike is pathetic, calling him an autist gives him too much credit.

EVS has used Mike to expand his audience in various ways. Cecil by proxy is expanding his audience using Doug right now. It's fun to watch. Is there really a difference between them using anti-comicsgate for laughs and what we do with lolcows?

True, they are just comics. Wish the losers could keep that in perspective.
Mike drama is definitely enjoyed by my audience. And he keeps delivering it.

Burning that comic with his kids around was such a fucking stupid thing to do. The idea that the 17 seconds doesn't paint the whole picture, or is somehow out of context is pure bullshit. Mike's childish expression of hatred for me with his kid screaming in panic (although burning or destroying a comic is totally ComicsGate and okay) just seemed awful to everyone who saw it, and in full context, (with his kid being happy at the end of the video) made it appear that Mike normalizes childish, destructive behavior to his kids.

But Mike does EVERYTHING internet related with his kids in the background, witnessing it all, and being gawked at by anonymous YouTube watchers.

Mike alternately televangelizes for Christ and seethes with hatred for me, calling me the worst people he's ever met, while he behaves like the worst person his viewers have ever seen. The top of Edwin Boyette's head is usually visible during all of this, with his eyes also contorted into a malevolent glare. It's hard to watch, but people can't look away.

I suppose I could ignore it, but it's something new and awful every day, and my viewers find it entertaining.

BTW, ComicGeist, I don't think I've ever said, "Buy CyberFrog to own SJWs because fuck SJWs." That would minimize and trivialize the hard work I put into my comics. Buy it because it's great, and the best thing I've ever done, and because it's a chance to help change the way comics are created and distributed.

I do believe in competing against other campaigns, as a way of motivating backers. But that's all in good fun.

But absolutely support ComicsGate because fuck SJWs.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Imagine making a child scream watching you burn a book to get attention on the Internet.

Mike is an attention whore whose grudges consume him. He could have burnt that book a thousand other ways, instead he made his kid watch.

That video is disgusting. EVS calling him out on it is the least anyone could do.
Yeah, Mike's a big fucking tard for doing that.

Ethan's also a tard, and a hypocritical one too, he just has bigger tards that make him look less tardish. Kind of the Ugly Friend approach if you will.
Some kids are just little shits who scream about everything no matter how much the parents try to correct them. At some point those parents stop noticing that all the tantrums aren't normal

• Agree
Reactions: Wedge and Adamska

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Some kids are just little shits who scream about everything no matter how much the parents try to correct them. At some point those parents stop noticing that all the tantrums aren't normal
None of this should be public spectacle. Put your kids on YouTube, especially while they're reacting to you doing something dickheaded, and prepare to be judged by the internet.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
None of this should be public spectacle. Put your kids on YouTube, especially while they're reacting to you doing something dickheaded, and prepare to be judged by the internet.
I agree that he should have known better, but can see how a person with a little shit for a kid might not notice that there's something wrong with it

• Agree
Reactions: Wedge

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I agree that he should have known better, but can see how a person with a little shit for a kid might not notice that there's something wrong with it
Mike is an asshole.

He has a kid with special needs. Mike has used this fact to explain on a livestream that this is why he gets to use the R word that becomes "Exceptional" on KiwiFarms as a slur.

His kid isn't a little shit, he's got Down Syndrome, and maybe Daddy should wait to set comics on fire as a statement for YouTube until the kids aren't around. But that would require patience and self control. Mike has neither.

And I agree, he doesn't even seem to hear his child, either while he was burning the comic or when he was reviewing the video he was about to post for the entire world to see.

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Faggotchu
kiwifarms.net
Mike is an asshole.

He has a kid with special needs. Mike has used this fact to explain on a livestream that this is why he gets to use the R word that becomes "Exceptional" on KiwiFarms as a slur.

His kid isn't a little shit, he's got Down Syndrome, and maybe Daddy should wait to set comics on fire as a statement for YouTube until the kids aren't around. But that would require patience and self control. Mike has neither.

And I agree, he doesn't even seem to hear his child, either while he was burning the comic or when he was reviewing the video he was about to post for the entire world to see.
Edwin used the r word several times to describe Jojo in his last video last video while Mike was there streaming with him. For Mike to let that shit slide proves just how much of a bitch he really is.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
I would compare it more to Zoe Quinn style marketing. Cash Grab is Cecil's Crash Override.
That's giving Cecil a lot of credit. He's never manipulated the press using nothing by sexual organs or driven anyone to suicide with lies and innuendo. But who knows.

Cecil reminds me more of a late-80s / early-90s comic book pros. The ones I knew were alcoholics and / or cokeheads, super fun to party with, they constantly took shots at one another. Hell of a lot of fun to be around and acted like they were kings of the Earth. Their personal lives were dark places, you felt for their families and girlfriends. Had absolutely no respect for their health and never seemed to sleep unless it was time to leave for a meeting. The only way to keep their attention was good art, everything else was insincere and inferior.

Cecil is that magnified by 10.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
The SJW crowd are doing their best to ignore CG right now.
Doing their best means that you have to make an effort. You really don't have to just unsub from a few yt/Twitter channels and watch how it disappears from your life. It's really pathetic how the most important "cool'cha whore" to end all cool'cha whores straight up melts when you have a busy schedule or better content to whatch and can't keep up with daily preachings about the importance of supplying drunk gaydads with additional welfare

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
If none of it should be spectacle then why are you making a three ring circus of it? Repeatedly, while propagating and profiting from it. Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Last edited:

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
If none of it should be spectacle then why are you making a three ring circus of it? Repeatedly, while propagating and profiting from it. Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
My other option is to ignore it and let it go unanswered, and perhaps by my silence, appear to agree with it. Or approve of it. This would dishearten my supporters.

Mike feels like he's motivated the same way. But Mike is a dope, and he's deluded himself into believing he's fighting an organized crime cult with an evil ringleader that hires thugs to harass Christians.

The reality is, Mike is his own worst enemy, and he continually pisses on his fans, supporters, allies and ComicsGate to cover for PR mistake after PR mistake. The more he fucks up, the more monstrous he makes ComicsGate out to be.

The more shit he talks, the more ComicsGaters angrily respond, which amplifies his own confirmation bias about Anti-Christian Thugs being deployed to harass him.

I started my YouTube channel in 2017 to answer my "critics" back. Mike and Edwin have become the worst of them. Under the circumstances, I'll leave the option open to answer any of these clowns as I see fit. The happy side effect is humorous or interesting content and profit, but the motivating factor for doing so is to keep the truth out there, and to protect my business.

Frankly, considering the sheer volume of bullshit anti-CG traffics in, I show tremendous restraint.

Last edited:

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
My other option is to ignore it and let it go unanswered, and perhaps by my silence, appear to agree with it. Or approve of it. This would dishearten my supporters.
You're catering to a bunch of tards if they consider you not getting involved in these slapfights a tacit approval of anything Mike or Edwin say. They get like 1k views on a good day, I doubt they're any real threat to you. You don't see Zack tossing his hat into the ring anymore and he's doing fine. You're just doing it because you like shitting on them.

Tags
None