Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
they hit $15k already, with 350 supporters

i'm really surprised how easy it is to get hundreds of people to throw an average of ~$50 at a project that is essentially just a colorful album full of ORANGE MAN BAD propaganda

But look at the buzz! There's TWO comments already!

I wonder what the "enthusiasm" to "grim duty" ratio is for those 350+ backers on this project.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181114-113255.png
    Screenshot_20181114-113255.png
    96 KB · Views: 111

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
The fuck is this shit? Why is the cover a white guy screaming at a Proud Muslim Woman?

Because WHITE MAN BAD. MUSLIM WOMAN GOOD. Their small brains can't handle that people are nuanced beings with bad and good intrinsic in them and see one race and gender as either black and white good and bad. Hilariously racist and stupid but there you go.

Kidhero99

kiwifarms.net

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Could this be the book that finally saves the comic industry and puts an end to that dreadful Comicsgate movement once and for all?

My Magic 8-Ball says: Outlook not so good.
For all those wondering why seemingly the entire comic industry is going all in and doubling down on the dumb "FFFFFFFFFUCK YEEEEEW EBIL BIGUT CRITICS!" bandwagon, its because as far as I can tell they have all convinced themselves (and have likely tried to convince their bosses) that the only reason that the industry is dying is because the evil-crypto-nazi-bigot-conspiracy no.2792 (comics division) is scaring away all the wonderful diverse tumblr people who would totally be buying these comics by the billion were it not for the scary FFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAALES sending every single one of them a thousand rape threats the moment they search for "comics" in google, and only by screaming "YOU AM NAZI AND MANBABY AND SMELLY AND DUM!" loud enough can the fourth reich be defeated.

If the latter part sounds even more autistic and fucktarded than the rest of it, remember that to these people being called a nazi is the most horrifying career-ending life-destroying act imaginable since if they were declared a nazi by people in media they would be on the streets by sundown. They thus assume that its the same outside the bubble and thus making comics about how comicsgate and anybody who mocks/critiques their shitty and lazy work is a full on der sturmer tier "evil subhuman" caricature is in their minds the equivilant of bringing out the nukes and not just...really fucking cringy

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, it's funny how this works out.

Around 2016, we had the CON Leaks. For the uninitiated, these were a series of chat logs from Zoe Quinn's inner circle from around October 2014 to about April of 2015. Many cows we still actively cover on this website can be found within, including Dan Olson, David Gallant, SF the Wolf, Sarah Nyberg, Katherine Cross, Dina Abou Karam, and Jake Alley. The logs themselves show, in real-time, with timestamps, the hilarious degrees CON would go in their ongoing war against Gamergate, from setting up McCarthy-Esque blacklists to trying to find increasingly-elaborate ways to shut down people they disapproved of.

In every regard, the exposure of those leaks was a smoking gun. The logs make absolutely clear that not only were Zoe Quinn and her cohorts doing everything they had accused Gamergate of when it comes to harassment, doxing, and personal attacks, but moreover, that they didn't care about the alleged attacks that was the group's alleged raison d'etre beyond the ability to cynically use them for their own gain. You also get to see them do everything they can to defend a self-admitted pedophile solely because he's on their side.

Those logs cannot be faked - time stamps match up to actual events that were occurring on over a dozen websites in real-time, and can easily be traced to when they happened (especially obvious with Ryulong operating on CON's behalf on Wikipedia), so either these logs meticulously reproduce events with an attention to detail once thought to lie within the eyes of god, and god alone, or they're fucking real (which we also know they are due to the admission of people in the fucking thing).

Years pass, but time is like a river, and history, apparently, repeats.

In @Death Ray's one-man war against CG, you get to watch this tragic doomed farce carry out as he comes dangerously close to self-awareness as he gets savaged by his own side within their hugbox for daring to so much as suggest that CG is anything other than Quadruple Space Hitler. He wants to engage the CGers because he hopes, by engaging them, he can damage their reputation further, ignoring that, like GG before it, the bulk of CG does not really give a damn about that. The bigger names in it might, but the rank and file simply do not care, and no amount of personal attacks will do a lick of damage to them since the comics nerds already started at zero.

It gets crazier. When he gets savaged - by his own side - he does not reflect, nor does he question if his own side is really as virtuous as he claims. Instead, he chooses to double down on this thinking, taking it as a victory that he managed to get a thread locked in a community that already hated CG. He then posits that, based solely on his own inability to find and join one, there is no unified resistance to Comicsgate, when briefly looking at some of the lolcows we cover tells you otherwise. While don't quite have the equivalent of a CON Leak barrage yet, we have tons of examples of Comics insiders working together and covering for one another, and that's pretty much enough.

I'd argue that he isn't stupid, but like so many others on his side and in GG opposition before him, he's so ideologically blinded that he refuses to read the writing on the wall in front of him. The comics spergs will openly make fun of the asshats on their own side that overstep. When Death Ray gets savaged by his own side in a massive case of overreach, however, he writes it off. I can't imagine how depressing that existence must be - continually claiming that your side is always right even when they treat you like shit.

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For all those wondering why seemingly the entire comic industry is going all in and doubling down on the dumb "FFFFFFFFFUCK YEEEEEW EBIL BIGUT CRITICS!" bandwagon, its because as far as I can tell they have all convinced themselves (and have likely tried to convince their bosses) that the only reason that the industry is dying is because the evil-crypto-nazi-bigot-conspiracy no.2792 (comics division) is scaring away all the wonderful diverse tumblr people who would totally be buying these comics by the billion were it not for the scary FFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAALES sending every single one of them a thousand rape threats the moment they search for "comics" in google, and only by screaming "YOU AM NAZI AND MANBABY AND SMELLY AND DUM!" loud enough can the fourth reich be defeated.

If the latter part sounds even more autistic and fucktarded than the rest of it, remember that to these people being called a nazi is the most horrifying career-ending life-destroying act imaginable since if they were declared a nazi by people in media they would be on the streets by sundown. They thus assume that its the same outside the bubble and thus making comics about how comicsgate and anybody who mocks/critiques their shitty and lazy work is a full on der sturmer tier "evil subhuman" caricature is in their minds the equivilant of bringing out the nukes and not just...really fucking cringy
I could only imagine how nuclear things would be if they ever get a crazy idea like listening to those people who insist Peter Parker should be "gay/trans/PoC" because "no one gets picked on for being a nerd anymore, even comic movies are popular!". It's up their with "Give Cap a boyfriend" aka "Let Steve bang his metaphorical son" in crazy SJW dreams. That idea also destroys Flash Thompson who would become a genetic bigot instead of an eventual close friend as Flash realizes he used to be a dick to a kid going through a rough patch and Peter realizes his egotistical personality meant his head was up his own ass. It was mostly the adaptations that went with the generic high school movie bully thing.

Imagine the OMD rage multiplied by the reactions to Hydra Cap.

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That one argument may just be my biggest reason for hating that "nerd culture" went mainstream.
Before "Peter should be this" demands, I remember hearing it as a defense of the weird characterization he had in the TASM movies where he was some skateboarding loner before Gwen Stacy. Ironically you have people who say that who bully nerds themselves but that victimization talk is for losers so here's how those scenes were in the 60s comics....
  • "Yo, pointdexter, Jessica's folks are out for the weekend so everyone's going to a party at her place. You in or gonna be a loser?"
  • "Sorry, Flash, I already made plans to see Dr. Richard's photonic accelerater down at the Baxter Building."
  • "Pfft, whatever, nerd. Hope your uncle takes you."
  • Cue Parker having an inner monologue about how rough his life is and if only Flash knew of his tragic responsibility then he can make him a fool and have all the other kids admire him.
Then college happened and they forgot what they used to be mad about. I imagine most of them haven't read that period to know the dynamic or it mostly being in his head but the SJW idea that you need to be some type of minority to meet jerks is just...odd.

I mean if that were true then why is someone like Mark Waid claiming to get any hate?

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That one argument may just be my biggest reason for hating that "nerd culture" went mainstream.

Actually, a big reason so many people like the Anti-GG and later Anti-CG crowd seem to hate their audience so much is directly tied to this.

Just like fans of Vidya, Comics geeks don't care about what people think of them. They never have. Despite this, they sort of blundered into the point where their preferred media was wildly successful to the point where it could bring even the self-appointed cool kids to their knees. The comics geeks didn't care about this; the novelty of being suddenly being on a bleeding-edge trend barely even registers. They just wanna enjoy their spergy nerd shit in peace.

But look at the Comics pros. These are people that not only expect to, but demand that they alone are allowed to define both taste and culture by virtue of oppression - "I am disadvantaged," they claim, oft-disingenuously, "and that makes me important." However, despite this, they're being forced - by the almighty force that is fucking economics, no less - to try to make media for a crowd that not only does not give a damn about whether it's cool or not, but doesn't care about really... Anything outside their comics geek shit. The comics geeks have them by the balls, simply by virtue of being able to vote with their wallet.

The response, of course, has been fucking incandescent rage. They go nuclear, claiming that the comics geeks were seething with undefined "privilege" all along, and are in fact, somehow, oppressing the comics pros, just by fucking existing. The fact that they are somehow claiming a bunch of autists who literally only care about their spergy nerd shit are somehow racist violent oppressors doesn't really hold water when the most dangerous man they can cite is an autistic comic-reading military veteran sperging about comics out of his Kia and putting it on the internet. Fittingly, the Anti-CGers, as their Anti-GG counterparts before them did, project like crazy, leading to surreal shit like when Gabby Rivera unironically referred to Comics Nerds as "Chads."

Feel free to hate capeshit - there's a lot of bad capeshit worth mocking, after all - but don't act like it was the nerds who wanted this media to become popular and angled it that way. They didn't care. They'd be happy with their shit just being left alone, and if you could maybe burn Joe Quesada at the stake that might be nice.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
I could only imagine how nuclear things would be if they ever get a crazy idea like listening to those people who insist Peter Parker should be "gay/trans/PoC" because "no one gets picked on for being a nerd anymore, even comic movies are popular!". It's up their with "Give Cap a boyfriend" aka "Let Steve bang his metaphorical son" in crazy SJW dreams. That idea also destroys Flash Thompson who would become a genetic bigot instead of an eventual close friend as Flash realizes he used to be a dick to a kid going through a rough patch and Peter realizes his egotistical personality meant his head was up his own ass. It was mostly the adaptations that went with the generic high school movie bully thing.

Imagine the OMD rage multiplied by the reactions to Hydra Cap
Now that Stan has passed I'm betting many of the woke writers are already working on a Spider-Man is totes super gay story and <2 years until they do it. Here is the how the woke story will go:

Flash picked on Peter in school not because he was a icky nerd (or just going through a rough patch), but because Peter is an out and proud, effeminate gay boi and was therefore ostracised by the cool kids. Flash absolutely hated Peter because wait for it... Flash is ALSO supes gay, but feels he has to stay in the closet. Macho, macho man Flash had to hide his gay side as he believes it's the only way to maintain popularity and throw in a little of his dad beating him (dad is in the closet, because why not). This is all revealed in a 'emotional' moment about standing against bullying with both characters openly weeping, sharing their feelings of adolescence and gayness. It ends with Peter and Flash sharing a gay kiss before mincing off into the sunset. Throw in dialogue worthy of Sina Grace and garbage art and you have your new comic, it practically writes itself.

Due to the push back against the forced Iceman homo-erotica, I personally think they will go with a bi-curious Peter to test the waters first.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net

LateNightComics

I died in the comic book.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
http://archive.md/r9V7l
Yungbluth Pat's himself on the back again with tinfoil hat level autism. @Death Ray went on EVS's stream for a "debate" and it was the highlight of his life.
Screenshot_20181114-225726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Guess he didn't get any hot doxing tips over on the SA forums.
Screenshot_20181114-225914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pure autism.
Screenshot_20181114-230251_Samsung Internet.jpg

"They aren't laughing at me they're laughing with me" -Yungbluth
Screenshot_20181114-230018_Samsung Internet.jpg

:story: I can't wait to read tomorrows sad dumbass soliloquy.