Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I'd heard that Dixon was working with YBZ and if anything that can only make his final product better. Shame on the big 2 not wanting to take advantage of that man's skills [Talking about Dixon FYI] because the man certainly knows how to tell an interesting story. Aside from Bane Conquest, which I found a bit confusing and wasn't sure where it fit in current DC continuity, I can't say I've ever read a Dixon story that was bad. Even hardcore lefties in comics know the man can write.
If I were Zack, I'd hire Chuck as a mentor and consultant. Something close to an editor, who would take Zack's basic skills and help him to grow into his potential.

The thing about all of this is, Zack needs to be the writer of his comics. People are backing his books for him, Zack the idea man and Zack the writer. That's why he's able to pull in $200K per month. The less RCM per comic, the less money it'll end up making. His fans are investing in HIM.

Captain Ramius

One ping only, please...
kiwifarms.net
Editorial would be a great place for Dixon. Have him supervise the dialogue, show him where a story's losing it's pacing, where it's excelling, everything that a good editor should do.

Nice to see that someone is actually making comics here.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
YBZ finished just under $200k. It's now in demand and will probably get to 200k shortly.

View attachment 880669

Here's the GN numbers for June 2019. Be interesting to see how well it did vs July numbers.
View attachment 880653

He beat the top funded Black book by >$100k.
View attachment 880654
Fuck, I thought the deadline was tomorrow.

EDIT:

Oh I can still get it:

In Demand is great.

LateNightComics

I died in the comic book.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
200k for a comic book? That's cash equivalent to 50k copies of a single issue book. I'd say hiring Chuck Dixon was the best idea he ever had.
YBZ is a YouTube critic that never shuts up, his writing is as bad as his commentary. I can see how some people would find him entertaining but a 50% drop in revenue has nothing to do with Zack or Dixon.
Most of the potential customers, including myself and many others were driven away by Ethan and his gay whore campaign which was apparently a jewish gay op to screw up a clown chat room.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
YBZ is a YouTube critic that never shuts up, his writing is as bad as his commentary. I can see how some people would find him entertaining but a 50% drop in revenue has nothing to do with Zack or Dixon.
To be fair, the original Jawbreakers only grossed "$193,279 USD by 5,362 backers on May 10, 2018." The other $210k was from in demand purchases made immediately after the Mark Waid incident.

Ultimately I don't think Jawbreakers 2 will make as much as Jawbreakers 1, but $250k is nothing to sneeze at.

LateNightComics

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, the original Jawbreakers only grossed "$193,279 USD by 5,362 backers on May 10, 2018." The other $210k was from in demand purchases made immediately after the Mark Waid incident.

Ultimately I don't think Jawbreakers 2 will make as much as Jawbreakers 1, but $250k is nothing to sneeze at.
I'm not saying it is. 200k is great for a crowdfund. My point is if YBZ wrote it the comic will suck he needs Chuck Dixon.

Saying Zack should write it himself if like saying Ethan should hire Edwin to draw his next comic.
Ultimately this is about good comics right? Not a grift for money?
It's a grift.
But at least G0D k1ng won't suck thanks to Chuck.

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: JohnDoe

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
The problem is that the market value for one of Dixon's comics is around $4. No one is going to pre-order a $25 comic based on Dixon's work when they can go to the comic book store and find dozens of Dixon's comics in the quarter bin. Yeah, its a dumb gimmick, but Zach's name on the comic is what makes it worth $25. Such is the power of marketing.

LateNightComics

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
So long as YBZ doesn't do anything truly exceptional like put a sticker of his character over a dead Kennedy he'll be okay.

I'm guessing a BJ behind pizza palace only costs ONE cyberfrog half dollar or will you need the whole set for that casual encounter?

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: JohnDoe

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yaboi managed to not only reach his goal but also surpassed his first campaign by nearly $5K with 272 less people:
74403732-3E99-4DBE-87C2-8FAFADE55847.jpeg
BD7BA430-7058-416A-8727-2664EE4802FC.jpeg

JAWBREAKERS LS: $193,279 by 5,362 backers.
JAWBREAKERS GK: $198,211 by 5,090 backers.

IIRC, JB:LS had more time and not just a 30 day month period that JB:GK had or am I missremembering?

LateNightComics

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Yaboi managed to not only reach his goal but also surpassed his first campaign by nearly $5K with 272 less people:
View attachment 881033View attachment 881032

IIRC, JB:LS had more time and not just a 30 day month period that JB:GK had or am I missremembering?
181 fewer contributors in the same time period. If this were a month to month comic it would be doing excellent on it's own for indie publishing.
He made $4932USD more on this campaign during the active phase. That's an average of $39.60 per backer at this point.
This is a new phase of comics marketing. The crowdfunded GN at a high price point driven by the salesperson that is the creator. The only thing that can fuck this up is Hollywood.

200k USD is no joke you know they are paying attention. Why are there so many abandoned Marvel pulls? Because the consumer is going to where the entertainment is and not where convoluted IP's and diversity hires dwell.

Comicsgeist

kiwifarms.net
Yaboi managed to not only reach his goal but also surpassed his first campaign by nearly $5K with 272 less people

No, you're on the money, but forgetting the added value of having a back issue to offer.
Zack had only 500 copies of Lost Souls reissued to sell and I think they were gone within the first week, so if he'd had more #1's to offer new customers, he might have hit a quarter of a mill by closing time.
Back issue offerings however both disguise and mitigate a drop in people coming back for issue 2.
Still, as attrition rates go for an #2 it's far better then you'll see in the direct market.
Malin has spoken about his surprise that his expensive tier's offering #1 and #2 have turned out to be his best sellers.

TimelyC

kiwifarms.net
I don't know much about this Alyssa Wong character, but from what I've heard since this broke out, I think there's plenty of shit on her head already without some edgelord dumbass trying to make fake tweets and attribute them to her. Use something else, like when she called Cebulski a racist for using a pen name.
I looked through her archives and there is a bunch of crazy shit she deleted. She had a blog post up about Elliot Rodger being representative of Asian men and she's also pretending she's a Hapa. It was up from 2016-2018.

Archive link: https://archive.fo/rUZBH

6.png

From the essay:

7.png

I for one am glad to find out that most Asian American men don’t want to put women in concentration camps. The essay was also posted to /r/hapas.

Archive link: https://archive.fo/VK44M

8.png

9.png

To quote the Supreme Gentleman himself: “White girls are the only girls I'm attracted to, especially the blondes. How could an ugly Asian attract the attention of a white girl, while a beautiful Eurasian like myself never had any attention from them?"”

Also a shitty essay on harassment in which she complains about Isaac Asimov's behavior in 1961.
Archive link: https://archive.fo/Acpdc

11.png

13.png

Last edited:

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net

Pretty sure it had 30 days before going in demand. YBZ has been talking about LS making ~174k and that fits with the inverted bell curve model of crowdfunding. LS made ~22k on the first day and had ~150k in the last 24 hours, so it likely would have finished around the 174k mark, but the last 36-24h also got an extra bump from the facebook retailer collusion group and anti's bitching about the AP deal.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
So long as YBZ doesn't do anything truly exceptional like put a sticker of his character over a dead Kennedy he'll be okay.
Jello will be more than fine with anything like that. he is way to mad to care. the rights to that name is also very complicated.
Dead kennedys should be on the soundtrack for the first of the movies based on his stuff.

181 fewer contributors in the same time period.
Im pretty sure that number comes from him pushing the 2 pack to international buyers this time.

@FROG is going to be on, hopefully people don't ask him softball questions.
all 3 of Gunts viewers...

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino