Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

RemoveKebab

I HAVE RECEIPTS KATHY
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find it hilarious that reetarded people like Meyer and Sciver gives advice to people on how to youtube when their channel views and subscribers are complete shit. Complete unfounded sense of confidence.

Anyway, huge part of the their decline is that people like to watch genuine people or consistent on youtube. Once they sense your fakeness, they will get tired of you and go the other way. And the two managed to show their true colors, being assholes and just the same as the "SJW"s they "fight" against.

My only advice for "comicsgaters" is: grift really as hard as you can this year, this will actually be your last chance.
I unsubbed from both Zack and EVS channels last month. Their channels are a shell of themselves and no longer fun. I enjoyed Ethan's videos when his channel was blowing up thanks to Star Wars. His videos were fun and always made me laugh.

Since Cyberfrog came out, he has been huffing his farts and just mainly does streams talking to neckbeards about comics and drama no one gives a shit about.

Miserable. Just miserable.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Anyone find it ironic that Ya Boi released a video titled 'How to be Successful on Youtube' while his channel is collapsing and he can barely manage to pull 10k views on his vids despite having over 100k subscribers? Both Ya Boi and EVS are examples of what not to do on youtube. Both made their bones with fun videos trashing mainstream entertainment only to pivot to dull, soy-filled ramblings once they finished their first indiegogo campaigns. Meanwhile, channels like WorldClassBullshitters are continuing to grow because they never stopped producing content people want to watch.

For all of Zack's talk about being a hot dogs vendor, he never applied that mentality to his youtube channel. He's taken his channel and his audience for granted, and he's paying the price in zero channel growth and declining views. No one should take his advice on how to succeed on youtube because, let's be honest here, he's a failure.

There's nothing humble or self-aware about that video. Blaming his problems on "content desert", quoting other better youtubers and talks about lucky one trick ponies without counting himself as one.
You want to know the real reason why Zach is struggling? Two reasons: Both Zack as a person and his channel are terribly narrow and Zack is too stupid for any real talk about any medium. His channel isn't about comicbooks or the big two, or politics. It's about extremely while cringe the type of stuff that is asking to be memed. You really don't have to be a critic, a writer or even an experienced reader to realise that America sucks. That's who Zack was a guy who points his finger at something and then has funny outrages. Now cringe volcanoes like America aren't happening. The biggest enemy is mediocrity and barely ok trash and Zack can't talk about it, because he would have to present some actual commentary and think and he can't. He can't produce content about something that isn't actively shitting and stabbing itself while jumping around in a clown makeup. That's why he just does generic barks about dying Industries which in turn make his videos repetitive and make people go away. And he can't make too much positive reviews about positive shit because at this point he has a narrative to his channel: he's not about good books so he ignores the majority of good (except for Chip).

Minus the politics Zach would fit right in with channel awesome people: a strange guy, who doesn't know much and can't review stuff but is funny to watch when he's cringing.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
There's nothing humble or self-aware about that video. Blaming his problems on "content desert", quoting other better youtubers and talks about lucky one trick ponies without counting himself as one.
You want to know the real reason why Zach is struggling? Two reasons: Both Zack as a person and his channel are terribly narrow and Zack is too stupid for any real talk about any medium. His channel isn't about comicbooks or the big two, or politics. It's about extremely while cringe the type of stuff that is asking to be memed. You really don't have to be a critic, a writer or even an experienced reader to realise that America sucks. That's who Zack was a guy who points his finger at something and then has funny outrages. Now cringe volcanoes like America aren't happening. The biggest enemy is mediocrity and barely ok trash and Zack can't talk about it, because he would have to present some actual commentary and think and he can't. He can't produce content about something that isn't actively shitting and stabbing itself while jumping around in a clown makeup. That's why he just does generic barks about dying Industries which in turn make his videos repetitive and make people go away. And he can't make too much positive reviews about positive shit because at this point he has a narrative to his channel: he's not about good books so he ignores the majority of good (except for Chip).

Minus the politics Zach would fit right in with channel awesome people: a strange guy, who doesn't know much and can't review stuff but is funny to watch when he's cringing.

To be honest Zacks success was more about people's reaction to him. If the comic book artists had just ignored none of this would happened.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Meyer's downfall was when his viewers clamored for him to participate in comicsgate, then he told them "No", it exposed him as a hypocrite when he was so up in arms about "move the needle" movement which he started.

He still has his fervent supporters, but that was the moment when he shot himself in the foot

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The biggest enemy is mediocrity and barely ok trash and Zack can't talk about it, because he would have to present some actual commentary and think and he can't.
I'll agree that Zack's no genius, but what do you expect anyone to do with "mediocrity and barely OK trash"?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BlankSpaceBaby

Odets

kiwifarms.net
I'll agree that Zack's no genius, but what do you expect anyone to do with "mediocrity and barely OK trash"?
You can talk about what the writer tried to do and why exactly it didn't came out as he thought it would. You can compare and contrast with stories that had similar ideas, similar plots or similar moods. If you spice it up with decent amount of humour and don't take yourself too seriously you're going to have a nice review.

Tom King, for example, opens a lot of talks about pacing, character research, prioritizing pretentiousness and artistic symbolism over established characters and their behavior, maybe even some professional hiphoprisy Tom has shown when because of his decision the entire run of Nightwing had to be derailed, yet he refused to make correction baised on demands for the crossover. But why put any effort when you can just shout "Low T bruh!" a bunch of times?

Reactions: GranDuke

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Listen guys, people in the industry aren't competing against one another. That's nonsense. They're all one big happy family. Disregard that some people have to be at the bottom for others to be on top and that one person getting a gig means someone else not getting a gig.

screenshot-twitter.com-2020.01.18-18_13_49.png

https://twitter.com/hellocookie/status/1217451054121484290 https://archive.li/RdUxx
screenshot-twitter.com-2020.01.18-18_16_02.png

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
In regards to Richard Meyers, didn't he say point blank, that his Youtube Channel output was going to be decreased going forward due to Richard realizing that finishing his books on time/getting them out when they were supposed to be released, was going to take up the bulk of his time and him making a conscious decision to (for the most part) sideline the Youtube channel as a result?

I recall he said something similar when he decided to walk away from Twitter; that he was falling into the same trap as the SJW death kult with relations to spending all of their days on Twitter and not actually working on their books, hence him putting his work as a comic creator ahead of dealing with the death kult on a daily basis on social media?

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Listen guys, people in the industry aren't competing against one another. That's nonsense. They're all one big happy family. Disregard that some people have to be at the bottom for others to be on top and that one person getting a gig means someone else not getting a gig.

View attachment 1104132

https://twitter.com/hellocookie/status/1217451054121484290 https://archive.li/RdUxx
View attachment 1104133
Jesus fuck... ReeeetorD C Meyer had a slow day.

There's a big difference between two brands competing and two cashiers of neighbouring stores having petty gay fights like in a fucking sitcom. One is an actual beneficial competition and the other is potential lawsuits and scared away clients. You see, a lot of these comic book news sites are covering this shit as if they are TMZ and this is Hollywood. They'll write about "terrible mistreatment of artists" "x suffering from a burnout" and " the terrible truth about the editor-in-chief" only for it to turn be "editor asked to redraw a panel" "a guy bit more than he can chew and how is missing his deadline" and "an ex-employee being salty". Not only it turns both fans and creatives into babies, not only create a hostile environment inside one company, it drowes away attention from comic books and merit straight into petty high school drama.

So yeah, she's right, Richie can't read and accidentally demands continuation of Mean Girls drama.

In regards to Richard Meyers, didn't he say point blank, that his Youtube Channel output was going to be decreased going forward due to Richard realizing that finishing his books on time/getting them out when they were supposed to be released, was going to take up the bulk of his time and him making a conscious decision to (for the most part) sideline the Youtube channel as a result?
Except if you look at the timeline or Social Blade he's slow down isn't connected to Jawbreakers. Besides if this whole thing was conscious he would just make less videos not tank his channels with the same amount.

Last edited:

GranDuke

kiwifarms.net
What does it even mean to be competitive in superhero writing/drawing? Sucking cocks behind closed doors to get preferential treatment?

Its not like this is basketball or something like that where you can "outplay" other creators and "win a game".

annnanovichova

kiwifarms.net
What does it even mean to be competitive in superhero writing/drawing? Sucking cocks behind closed doors to get preferential treatment?

Its not like this is basketball or something like that where you can "outplay" other creators and "win a game".
My best guess is to not be in agreement with the goodthink. To give criticism. To actively try and be better artist and not succumbing to laziness and mediocrity. To actually make money of their hard work and having good work ethics. You know, all the things that make you more successful and desired creator.
These people hate confrontations so even the slightest competitive streak is considered wrongthink and undesirable trait. And the truth is, no matter how good and artist is, they won't takem under consideration unless the artist is already in their clique and tbh the work opportunities they have to offer are on the shitty side, the kinds normal ckmpetitive people consider not worth their time and effort.

Reactions: Detrogen

GranDuke

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like competition is a buzzword for everything? Things like work ethic and laziness would be fixed by editors enforcing deadlines and shit like that. I don't see what competition in itself has to do with it.

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like competition is a buzzword for everything? Things like work ethic and laziness would be fixed by editors enforcing deadlines and shit like that. I don't see what competition in itself has to do with it.
There’s that story that went around a few years back where Gail Simone basically bullied her editor out of their job. Editors literally cannot come down on SJW writers. The whole “competition” thing is a big deal because dangerhair writers and artists can’t influence the sales of their competitors as much as they can fuck around with people within their own workplace.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
Well, there's also something called professional courtesy. Competition is nice and all, but it doesn't mean that they have to be at each others' throat.

Also, there is somewhat a camaraderie among creatives. Its somewhat hard to explain, unless you have been working with or surrounded by creative people, but they have a somewhat unwritten code that they don't meddle with each others' affairs or some sort. I mean if you trap a marvel artist inside a room with a dc artist with beer, they will be drinking together complaining about their own employers rather than criticizing each other. If they criticize each other, its usually in light-hearted mood or in jest, just like niggers calling each others niggers. Of course there are sometimes real fights, but most of that happens because of money.

The only creative people that goes against that are usually assholes and disrupters or idiots. You know, "that guy"

annnanovichova

kiwifarms.net
Well, there's also something called professional courtesy. Competition is nice and all, but it doesn't mean that they have to be at each others' throat.

Also, there is somewhat a camaraderie among creatives. Its somewhat hard to explain, unless you have been working with or surrounded by creative people, but they have a somewhat unwritten code that they don't meddle with each others' affairs or some sort. I mean if you trap a marvel artist inside a room with a dc artist with beer, they will be drinking together complaining about their own employers rather than criticizing each other. If they criticize each other, its usually in light-hearted mood or in jest, just like niggers calling each others niggers. Of course there are sometimes real fights, but most of that happens because of money.

The only creative people that goes against that are usually assholes and disrupters or idiots. You know, "that guy"
That's not true. The camaraderie you're describing is easy to understand, because it's natural state of any group of people with shared experience. Be it military, construction workers, stay at home moms or comic book artist. If you are generally leveled out basic human being, you will get that in a group setting- I have my own company and I will do a lot to get a contract over my competitor, but at the same time I will be first to let them know about any changes that impact our profession, because we are actually good colleagues who met through work. I don't want him to fail, but I do want to get better contracts.

Being competitive in that setting isn't wrong. My competition makes my work more interesting and drives me to offer something better and with that comes price increase for me and my competition, because we offer better quality and there are people who appreciate it over stuff new people can offer and cycle continues. This is how senior partner in law firm can ask for 600/hr.

We're not talking about cutting throats here, but the desire to be more successful by the virtue of being better.

The issue at hand is- these people don't want other people getting better, because I think they know they have nothing special to offer. No real drive or skills, no sales number, nothing the would make a publisher actully pick them over competition.

Read Ian Fleming's James Bond, Marvel's Fearless or any of Liana Kanga's shit this is prime example of a product with no competition. It's shit.

ETA: re read your post and it looks like you haven't actually worked with creative people and only read about it on twitter. Creative people are like any other people, just creative. There's nothing special about it and there's no such code in real life, only on twitter. When you go to school for creative stuff, you are put through a mental wri ger with amount of criticism you are getting there, everyone does that, your peers are required through project showings to tell you what's wrong with your stuff and profs do that every single consultation. At the end of this you understand that you're better of by asking for second opinion, leart to not take any of it personally and make your own judgements if the criticism was useful or helpul. You learn to be a better creative person and use criticism as a tool to improve upon your work. The situation you descrobe is absolutely undesirable and none of those special snoflakes could survive proper art school. (And they likely didn't, because art schools in US are a scam).

Last edited: