Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I archived the page for future reference. Saying “I’m perfectly fine with Warcampaign’s actions” is possibly the most damning indictment of Ethan’s behavior he’s willingly put out, and pretty much the exact kind of thing Preston and @Geekthulhu are looking for.
It's a pretty dumb thing to say and more or less marries him to those dysfunctional fuckups. If one of them shoots up a con or does some other criminally autistic thing, it's his.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
It's a pretty dumb thing to say and more or less marries him to those dysfunctional fuckups. If one of them shoots up a con or does some other criminally autistic thing, it's his.
Well, if that happens, I'll disavow. If you shoot up a con, I'll disavow you too. As long as you're just being an asshole on the internet, I'm okay with what you do.

I wonder how long will they stay before you ask if their work is homophobic or get war campaign to intimidate them into kissing the frog?
That's the opening interview.

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
shoots up a con or does some other criminally autistic thing, it's his.
I dont think War Campaign will do something fucked up like that, but one member have drove to someone's house so stranger things have happened. Although its going to be a pr nightmare for comicsgate and ethan cant easily disavow since he said he's fine with their actions.

Reactions: Squidbot

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Nobody gets swatted and branded a nazi by industry professionals and influencers and either forgives or forgets it. Simeti didn't want to exclude anyone because he's a good businessman and that's what good businessmen do, but at this point the direct market is no longer good business and he's just starting to express how he truly feels after being treated like he has.

On the face of it, Comicsgate and Alterna have completely opposite aims, one trying to sell high price point quality items to a select customer base and the other hawking low-cost product put out on newsprint to any outlet that will take it so it's not obvious how the two are going to meet up. But a friendly publishing arm is a friendly publishing arm and I have no doubt the first CG member to figure out how to innovate something with Alterna is going to make a lot of money.
I asked Peter if he was ComicsGate today, and he said, "I was ComicsGate before any of you were!"

I think he should do premium comics in addition to the newsprint he's doing and work with the bigger talent that I'll be ushering in. I think he should be a presence on our promotional livestreams in order to sell more Alterna books. I think we'll be happy to learn everything he knows about publishing.

We'll benefit as much as we can from hanging out with each other.

I dont think War Campaign will do something fucked up like that, but one member have drove to someone's house so stranger things have happened. Although its going to be a pr nightmare for comicsgate and ethan cant easily disavow since he said he's fine with their actions.
I can easily disavow anything. Your autism aside, "I'm fine with War Campaign" doesn't apply to anything ACTUALLY CRIMINAL someone associated with a hashtag might do in a fantasy future.

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
The problem with Warcampaign isn't that it's a giant self-assembling horde of internet spergs somewhat loyal to Ethan. That's a feature, not a bug.
If EVS disavows them, the group still exists. If the group dissolved, the constituent members still exist, and instead of two groups cancelling each other out, both of them are pissed at Frog and he has to deal with that instead of making money for himself. Until you provide him with a reason to do such a disadvantageous thing, he's never going to disavow them.

That said, WCs 'self-appointed homosexual political commissars of CG' activity needs to be repurposed into something more diplomatic that fosters goodwill within the group, instead of policing wrongthink and trying to coerce CG members into ideological compliance. That shit has stunted CG's growth and driven off more creators and platforms than anything else at this point. I'd hate to see it happen twice.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
Your autism aside, "I'm fine with War Campaign" doesn't apply to anything ACTUALLY CRIMINAL someone associated with a hashtag might do in a fantasy future.
My clinically diagnosed autism is pretty tame to be honest🤷🏻‍♂️ its funny how you say cg is welcoming to everyone yet you call people who disagree with you autistic and faggots or sometimes tell them to sunset themselves 🤔 you are really bad at consistency. anytime they do criminal stuff you say "ItS jUsT DilDo MeMes" when they are doxxing, cyberstalking, going to people's houses or conventions to start drama in your name? Like seriously ethan, next time you try your therapy session streams when Peter or whoever else leaves cg, just know you are the reason why people leave cg, not because they "stabbed you in the back". You have the same concern trolling manipulation tactics as Ron Toye.

Reactions: Squidbot

jspit

kiwifarms.net
I asked Peter if he was ComicsGate today, and he said, "I was ComicsGate before any of you were!"
Last guy who said that was Doug Tennaple....

People are desperate and scared. There's opportunity. For now.

That said, WCs 'self-appointed homosexual political commissars of CG' activity needs to be repurposed into something more diplomatic that fosters goodwill within the group, instead of policing wrongthink and trying to coerce CG members into ideological compliance. That shit has stunted CG's growth and driven off more creators and platforms than anything else at this point. I'd hate to see it happen twice.
Point. If you care what you look to people outside mainstream comics.

I used to think Frog did. I'm now convinced he does not. He doesn't need to expand. He's squeezing a good amount of money out of his base. WC, wannabes without talent that want him to prop their trash up, and a loose assortment of culture warriors who aren't prepared to write him off because he makes the right people mad.

"ItS jUsT DilDo MeMes"
Don't underestimate those dildo memes. Its fucking creepy. cyberstalking a person's social media, collecting images and half thought posts. Then creating terrifyingly bad collages that are disturbed.

Last edited:

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a shop actually did take Ya Boi up on his $1k offer. Nice to know some shops are paying attention to him. And few other pros are following suit and making their own offers.

Also Ya Boi is back under $200k for Expendables because he refunded the Chromium perk when he crunched the numbers some more and realized it was gonna be too expensive to do that and the normal books.

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a shop actually did take Ya Boi up on his $1k offer. Nice to know some shops are paying attention to him. And few other pros are following suit and making their own offers.

Also Ya Boi is back under $200k for Expendables because he refunded the Chromium perk when he crunched the numbers some more and realized it was gonna be too expensive to do that and the normal books.

And here I underestimated his reach.
You have Gail saying 'what's this boy done?' while other pros are following the Yaboi Method.

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
Point. If you care what you look to people outside mainstream comics.

I used to think Frog did. I'm now convinced he does not. He doesn't need to expand. He's squeezing a good amount of money out of his base. WC, wannabes without talent that want him to prop their trash up, and a loose assortment of culture warriors who aren't prepared to write him off because he makes the right people mad.
Nah, if Frog only cared about squeezing money and going full CG Juche hermit kingdom, he wouldn't spend so much of his time trying to get other creators like Adam Post funded. This makes no sense from a purely profit-oriented perspective. But in terms of following CG principles as a business model and putting an end to far leftists' ability to cancel creators, these are the only actions that carry any real meaning. I have to give credit when he practices what he preaches.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Posting screens that Yaboi also highlighted in the video above. Acknowledging that the industry has been on life support for ages and delusional thinking that digital will save them. If anybody believes the last tweet then they should look at the video game industry for a case study. Q: Did prices get cheaper as more went digital? Did people working for massive publishing houses get more money? Did those workers make more money with services promising smaller cuts? A: No

Physical copies dominated the market and 30% of their RRP went into making, distribution and store cuts. When digital services like Steam started and removed the need for making physical copies and distributing them the RRP and 30% cut stayed the same. With that 30% cut Steam turned into a juggernaut and provides tons of services to the consumers and the producers. Recently Epic decided to compete with Steam and hyped that the Epic store would only take a 12% cut, many stories ran with the PR that games would be cheaper, workers get more money, etc, etc. When Epic launched prices were still the same, workers didn't get more money and the 12% cut crippled any improvements to be made to the store (they didn't even have a shopping cart for more than a year. Epic had to bribe companies millions for exclusives that went up in price and for shorter time frames each time.
1585092365647.png1585092395429.png

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Nah, if Frog only cared about squeezing money and going full CG Juche hermit kingdom, he wouldn't spend so much of his time trying to get other creators like Adam Post funded. This makes no sense from a purely profit-oriented perspective. But in terms of following CG principles as a business model and putting an end to far leftists' ability to cancel creators, these are the only actions that carry any real meaning. I have to give credit when he practices what he preaches.

It's the carrot. He helps one. So a hundred think, "I can be the next Adam Post."

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
It's the carrot. He helps one. So a hundred think, "I can be the next Adam Post."
Why do you ascribe the worst possible motive to everything I do?

What would be the benefit to me of having a hundred comic creators bothering me like Preston Poulter did if I had no intention of trying to help them?

I don't need to do that. My fans will still love me if I don't. I'll still make a ton of money on CyberFrog if I wanted to only promote myself.

Promoting other people has caused all kinds of chaos, envy and discord.

I still do it because I believe in setting an example for other indie creators. Promote each other, build a network. Cancel Cancel Culture.

If I can help build that, I feel like we've beaten the SJWs in comics in a substantive way.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Why do you ascribe the worst possible motive to everything I do?

What would be the benefit to me of having a hundred comic creators bothering me like Preston Poulter did if I had no intention of trying to help them?

I don't need to do that. My fans will still love me if I don't. I'll still make a ton of money on CyberFrog if I wanted to only promote myself.

Promoting other people has caused all kinds of chaos, envy and discord.

I still do it because I believe in setting an example for other indie creators. Promote each other, build a network. Cancel Cancel Culture.

If I can help build that, I feel like we've beaten the SJWs in comics in a substantive way.
Because of experience, I've watched the last two years, and this is how things tend to work in the real world.

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
Even if true, how is this a bad thing? Not even getting into a larger collective customer pool, more people getting on board means more potential innovation than any one person could even think of trying at once. If nothing else, Doug TenNapel demonstrated to CG how popular a gimmick like premium packaging can be.

Or just contrast results between YBZ's few-options crowdfunder model vs Smiller's variant cover extravaganzas. After all, "Only a fool learns from their own mistakes", to quote Otto Bismarck.

Last edited:

TheBallPit

kiwifarms.net
I have what might be considered a tangential question, but addresses the all-consuming issue of who does (and doesn't) get into the CG "family".

What would happen if, say, Mags, Kwanza, Gail Simone, Ron Marz, or any one of the small army of SJWs currently running rampant wanted to publish something independent (for whatever reason), but knew that their name alone wouldn't cut it and asked if they could do so under the CG banner?

You might ask, "Well, what's in the book? Is it absent of SJW pandering?" What if it miraculously was just a straight-line, agenda-less title? I realize in Kwanza's case that's next to impossible, but if it was genuinely SJW free and (gasp!) told a story which would appeal to CG readers, what then?

And what about the worst-case scenario - the book was chock-full of SJW pandering, but he (or she) insisted on riding on CG's coattails, anyway? How would that be denounced (apart from the usual Tug, Quartering, or YF YouTube video)?