• “i dont even know whats going on
    “i was just looking at boy tits“
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Coming To America sequel set for 2020

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PS1gamenwatch, Feb 11, 2019.

1. https://deadline.com/2019/02/eddie-murphy-coming-to-america-2-release-date-1202554776/

• Islamic Content  x 12
    •  x 3
    • Feels  x 2
    • Dislike  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. No, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Eddie Murphy defended Cosby. I sure hope that a scene of his character being molested by a guy in a sweater going "zibbidy bop bop" doesn't make it into the film.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    2odastream

2odastream r/Drama queen

kiwifarms.net
  4. Please don't. The Trading Places brothers are dead. We all laughed at Sexual Chocolate and Soul Glo (the sax alone from the commercial is comedic gold), but people are too exceptional to accept a proper sequel.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Ted_Breakfast

Ted_Breakfast What'll it be, boys?

kiwifarms.net
  5. Can no one in Hollywood come up with an original idea for a movie anymore? Seems like it's everyday now we're getting a sequel or remake no one asked for. Just making the same thing for a quick buck

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  6. That's all Hollywood is. It's only by accident that a little art makes it through sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Oh for fucks sake.

• Feels Feels x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Moar like Coming to Agenda.

• Winner Winner x 7
    Chancroid

Chancroid Am sure your pussy is massive.

kiwifarms.net
  9. Here’s his contributions to television and movies... it’s aboit what you’d expect.

I feel like I remember the movie being funny, but not funny in the same way things are today. What’s that word...for when something “was”funny but now it’s inappropriate to laugh...

Oh yeah “problematic.”

So what’s Kenya Barris’ most recent contribution to non-problematic media?

Ah.

• Feels Feels x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  10. If there should have been a sequel to the movie, it should have happened at the latest in the early 90’s. Making a sequel fo a medium past a certain time limit with different staff and directors and the like is a surefire way to make it either mediocre at best or outright shit, because the original idea that made it good is either separated by a long period of time and/or by people not interpreting what the OG director of the series wanted to do with it (who usually know what they are doing better than the new fucks at the helm). The only exception to this OTTOMH is DOOM 2016, which respected the source material while doing its own thing. Duke Nukem, Star Wars, Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park however were marred by change and that’s unfortunately the norm. It kinda gives me an appreciation for series that died off too early like Perfect Dark , Advance Wars and Ogre Battle for pettering out at their peak before they became shit and series that manage to be consistently good like Ace Combat or Civilization since the devs know that they have a good series and should put in the time to make a high quality product that keeps what’s good about the previous entries while doing its own thing, something Hollywood can’t seem to do. (Tl;DR: It’s been 30 years. Why release another “Coming to America” now when practically everyone associated with it has moved on to other things? Btw, sorry for the rant. This shit just irks me so much)

• Agree Agree x 8
    Coh

Coh Iudex Mundorum

kiwifarms.net
  11. Also directed by another totally useless hack, Craig Brewer.

This is movie DOA.

They should have had Max Landis direct it. Better yet scrap the project then divert all funds to new season of Dirk Gently.

Since the script that Kenya Barris rewrote was one written by the original screenwriters, neither of which has worked in 15 years, it might be that this sequel was originally planned for production decades ago. It'll be amusing to see how a BET-grade writer updates the script.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  12. When I saw the thread my first thought was "Okay, it's going to be a father son kind of thing and a sort of passing of the torch movie (because this needs to be a franchise 30 years after the fact) where the son is the focus of the movie." And I was sadly right.

• Feels Feels x 3
    BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei Vincent Dawn
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Not that you mentioned Trading Places:

A sequel/shared universe/crossover with Trading Places would've been something

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. I hope it's woke af.

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 (((female)))
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. And that son's name was T'Challa.

Coming to America 2 is the Black Panther prequel we never knew we wanted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I bet Coming to America 2 ends with either a communist takeover of Zamunda, or it gets over thrown and turned into a shit hole like Zimbabwe.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Cedric_Eff

Cedric_Eff I’m the Lord of the Harvest!

kiwifarms.net
  17. And a subplot of China expanding it's Belt and Road initiative, and Taiwan trying to seek an alliance with Zamunda to counter China, and some Canadian diplomats and spies get caught in the mix.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Where’s the audience appetite for this? The Ghostbusters remake and Blade Runner 2049 both flopped. Coming to America is a movie with nothing like the level of recognition those franchises have. No one was clamoring for a Coming to America sequel, much less 30 years later .

• Agree Agree x 3
    Tragi-Chan

Tragi-Chan Godmaster Reverend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I didn't even know there was a Coming To America 1. Were people begging for this 30 year old movie to get a sequel? Did they just come up with this via throwing darts at a dartboard? You might be tired of stuff like Ghostbusters, Star Wars, and Marvel, but at least they're relevant. They're cemented in pop culture. Why make a sequel to some random Eddy Murphy movie?

Edit: Tragi-Chan wrote almost the exact same comment as me.(:_(

ColorfulCassowary

ColorfulCassowary Oama i gone

kiwifarms.net
  20. At least they didn't make any sequels to Norbit:

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.