Community Driven Happening Feed -

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They want their pound of flesh. ChapoTrapHouse was supposed to be immune because they had rightthink, but Reddit tossed them under the bus to try and keep T_D from going after them.

Edit:

View attachment 1415992

Holy fucking shit, they banned the subreddit all about pointing out adposting on reddit?
Banning r/ConsumeProduct is even faggier than the faggiest shit they could've done. But I guess it doesn't benefit a big online corp like Reddit to keep around a board dedicated to spreading the fact that maybe people shouldn't be obsessed with consuming popular media and worshiping corporations. Gotta keep buying your reddit alien stickers and obeying jannies without question.

DiseasedRat

kiwifarms.net
But I guess it doesn't benefit a big online corp like Reddit to keep around a board dedicated to spreading the fact that maybe people shouldn't be obsessed with consuming popular media and worshiping corporations. Gotta keep buying your reddit alien stickers and obeying jannies without question.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Anyone who doesn't think r/consumeproduct wasn't the main target of this ban wave doesn't understand how reddit or its userbase think.

nohull

screw your ooptics, I'm ooperating
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Reddit has purged multiple political subreddits. To mitigate potential damage, I'm closing registrations.

A list of notable banned subreddits (I can add more if you find them):
r/ConsumeProduct, r/ClericalFascism, r/Smuggies, r/DebateAltRight, r/bruhfunny, r/ShitNeoconsSay, r/soyboys, r/imgoingtohellforthis2, r/AltRightChristian, r/TheHonkPill, r/topnotchshitposting, r/TheNewRight, r/DarkHumorAndMemes, r/GenderCritical, r/ChapoTrapHouse, r/rightwingLGBT, r/whitebeauty, r/The3rdPosition, r/The_Donald, r/CumTown, r/FreeDrama, r/FreeSpeechWorld, r/againstwomensrights, r/ChapoTrapHouse2, r/blackfathers.
What I find funny is that reddit censored the names of the subreddits like they're fucking voldemort. It also makes it harder for me to research what subreddit has been banned and why.
I'll also be catching up on my 20+ PMs. I might be ducking again early July.

Mister Dodo

True and Honest Stan
kiwifarms.net
Reddit has purged multiple political subreddits. To mitigate potential damage, I'm closing registrations.

Oh god, for a second there I thought what happened to /pol/ might happen here. That would be a true nightmare.

Maybe this will help the site with the reasons you discussed earlier, maybe not. This entire fiasco has me thanking you even more for keeping this shithole running.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Tell me about Phil! Why does he wear the vest??!!
kiwifarms.net
r/Cumtown was banned, I cannot believe Plebbitors have done this, where am I supposed to get my PAWG pics now? Any help my fellow coomer @Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo ?

Christ dude, deuxrama (which is banned) and drama must be the shittiest subreddits to eat your daily intake of popcorns, they're modded by smug neolib trannies and MDEgenerates that love to push their shit into everything.
I have an extensive list of skinny a-cup bitches I'm compiling as we speak. Creamy thighs and abs and cute nips

nohull

screw your ooptics, I'm ooperating
kiwifarms.net
About the Subreddit bans:
Apparently some journos already knew about the bans before they even happened, tinfoil hat-wearing Redditors are hitting their meth pipes trying to piece the puzzle together.

Some argue this is a publicity stunt considering the elections and stuff like the BLM movement being a lot more relevant after George Floyd's death and all that jazz.
Other argue that Chinese investors don't like some of the wrongthink in Reddit, but at least a couple of popular "dirtbag Left" subs were also banned, but AFAIK most Western commies seem to really hate China anyway, so I don't know what to think about this in particular.

Goku 1000000 O

d91550
kiwifarms.net
About the Subreddit bans:
Apparently some journos already knew about the bans before they even happened, tinfoil hat-wearing Redditors are hitting their meth pipes trying to piece the puzzle together.

Some argue this is a publicity stunt considering the elections and stuff like the BLM movement being a lot more relevant after George Floyd's death and all that jazz.
Other argue that Chinese investors don't like some of the wrongthink in Reddit, but at least a couple of popular "dirtbag Left" subs were also banned, but AFAIK most Western commies seem to really hate China anyway, so I don't know what to think about this in particular.
Chapo probably got purged because they wanted to look less partisan, it also doesn't help that Chapo-fans tend to be abrasive so it works as a decent cover.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

r/ChapoTrapHouse! the Bernie bros aren't going to take that well.

• Feels
Reactions: HonsPonzud

emo goff

its too damn sunny for darkmode
kiwifarms.net
Why'd r/gendercritical get banned? I thought it was all radfems talking about men and shit. I guess a tranny or two got mad.

Edit: and also r/blackpillfeminism. might as well make mandatory HRT required for signing up to that site now.

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Reddit went and did it. The rumors of the massive ban wave were true.

Reddit will ban r/The_Donald, r/ChapoTrapHouse, and about 2,000 other communities today after updating its content policy to more explicitly ban hate speech.

You know what's always fascinated me about Reddit? This sentence:

It marks a major reversal for a company whose commitment to free expression has historically been so strong that it once allowed users to distribute stolen nude photos freely on the site.

For years, Reddit has been one of the most heavily censored and moderated websites, yet every time an article is written in the media, the media acts like Reddit is KiwiFarms.

Reason #9764 why pandering never works: you will always be treated like you were at your worst point and no amount of actual change will change their perception of you.

Tags
None