compensation for lolcows? -

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
@Thomas Jay Wasserberg seems to think that lolcows deserve compensation for being a literal idiot.
@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt seems to think he will find his fortune being a lolcow.
some users here have bought medallions or commissions from chris. heck @DStecks gave chris $1000 for doing nothing at all.
where do you draw the line? would you pay a lolcow for their service or legacy? would you buy their products whether its a medallion or a copy of maradonia? or do yo uthink this is just free funny from retards who think their infamy will pad their pockets?

AnOminous

there ain't no turning back
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
@Thomas Jay Wasserberg seems to think that lolcows deserve compensation for being a literal idiot.
@Kenneth Erwin Engelhardt seems to think he will find his fortune being a lolcow.
some users here have bought medallions or commissions from chris. heck @DStecks gave chris $1000 for doing nothing at all.
where do you draw the line? would you pay a lolcow for their service or legacy? would you buy their products whether its a medallion or a copy of maradonia? or do yo uthink this is just free funny from retards who think their infamy will pad their pockets?

If they're retarded through no fault of their own they can get tardbucks.

If they choose to do it for free, that's on them.

Zvantastika

True & Honest Fan
This is the only currency I'd pay them with:
y2SBGuO.jpg

And I'd give them only one, we don't want to spoil them do we?.

Nah but seriously, I wouldn't donate them a single cent. Unless there's an actual tragedy involved, like a FIRE, those sucks and I know how bad those makes you feel.
As for buying their merchandise, if the article is something I could actually use (like those dumb amiibo Chris sells) and the price is right (ha) I might consider it. Although, we already know that lolcows almost always fail to finish anything they start, if I don't get my article in a reasonable time, expect me to cancel the deal and ask for a refund in a heartbeat. If they want to play like big shots, they are going to be treated as such.

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
No. I wouldn't give them a dime. It's not like they're a comedian and we're paying for tickets to see them on stage. Being a lolcow (usually) isn't a job. It's, pretty much by definition, a series of poor life decisions compounded by the extremely poor decision to broadcast your poor life decisions OVER THE INTERNET.

And many of these lolcows, including every last one of them that has come to Kiwi Farms to confront us, is an attention whore. It doesn't matter how negative the attention is, they are a somebody here on the interwebs. They are, in a sense famous, when in real life, they are absolute nobodies. Now, me personally, I wouldn't take their particular flavor of "fame" if you paid me for it, but for them, it's all that really keeps them going anymore. I honestly would not be at all surprised to find out if Chris still lurked these forums, but didn't engage (because he has at least learned that every time he has engaged with trolls in the past, it has always, without fail, blown up in his face)

So yeah, why should we pay them? They're getting all the attention they so desperately want, but won't dare admit to wanting.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
I can see the reasoning behind @DStecks even though he probably just felt guilty.

For example if you had a YouTube channel or videos which basically just had highlights from CWC (or another lolcow) with a few comments here and there that became popular enough to make you a bunch of money Chris is the one who has put in the effort to create the videos and comics so even if he's not legally entitled to anything it'd be a nice gesture to send him something.

Also if Chris managed to stick to schedules some might find it worthwhile to donate a small amount for a regular comic and/or video on a Patreon like site.

It'd be dumb to pay a lolcow for just being a lolcow though.

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
I think it's a fucking terrible idea to give a lolcow money just for being a lolcow. A key part of being a lolcow is unwarrented self-importance, and being given money by random people for no reason just reinforces this hypocritical feedback loop most of them have going on. It's as bad as giving a homeless drunkard money just because he looks pitiful; you're just appeasing your conscience and bringing him one step closer to drinking himself to death.

On the other hand, I do think that a lot of lolcows are the way they are at least partially due to circumstances beyond their control. Nick Bate may be a vile psychopath, but he didn't have a choice to be born into a family of redneck loons who never bothered getting him the psychiatric help and medication that might've at least kept him under control. If, theoretically, there was some kind of charity fund designed to try and intervene in the self-destructive lifestyles of certain lolcows (a non-televised Hoarders perhaps?), that would be the kind of organisation I'd support giving this kind of money to.