Conrad Aaron Collins / Diginée / Digibro / Digibrony / Otaku Gonzo Journalism & the Pro Crastinators Podcast - Pedophile, Two-Faced Weeaboo Ponyfag Youtube Analyst Who Wants to be a Loli + Drama, Friends & Enemies

Wild Wild Wisteria

Ermmmmmmm... transphobia was displayed where????
kiwifarms.net
Buying skirts on Amazon
Now wait here a goshdarned minute, didn’t he say he wasn’t thinking of wearing “poofy dresses”, which skirts also fall under if that’s his understanding of feminine clothing? Cuz you know, all women wear victorian dresses and are nice n shit.
To be fair, Hippo's main reason for entering was just to see if he could finish a project in a limited amount of time. While I'm not the biggest fan of the art style or the story, the fact that he's doing and finishing projects on a semi-regular bases puts him miles ahead of most of the remaining PCP members.
Good point, committing to and completing projects does make him better than the work-ethic-void that’s the rest of the PCP.

Reactions: Zana

Kawaii UwU

Ugly Bastard
kiwifarms.net
Everyone who uses this thread to get anime recommendations or youtuber recommendations or whatever actively clogs the thread and I hate it

Go ask your faggot anime club this question
If you make inane statements like "there is adult-oriented anime" then I believe some validation is in order. Iirc, most anime airs at ridiculous times in Japan when no functioning adult would be awake. There might be adult-oriented anime (or not) but it's so obscure that no western youtube channels would survive featuring it.

Meruem

No matter.. I shall checkmate you shortly
kiwifarms.net
If you make inane statements like "there is adult-oriented anime" then I believe some validation is in order. Iirc, most anime airs at ridiculous times in Japan when no functioning adult would be awake. There might be adult-oriented anime (or not) but it's so obscure that no western youtube channels would survive featuring it.
You are dumb if you think Perfect Blue isnt adult orientated.

I Digivolved Into A Loli?

HRT into a cute loli?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a retarded take. If you noticed, no one else had a problem with that "inane statement" because having any awareness of anime over the last 30 years will show you that there is a sizable sector of anime that is not aimed toward children.
Iirc, most anime airs at ridiculous times in Japan when no functioning adult would be awake. There might be adult-oriented anime (or not) but it's so obscure
Here you just outed yourself as having no understanding of Japanese culture. Never heard of hikkikomoris or dedicated otaku? Also Japanese people have access to DVR and recording devices my friend. Try to think one step beyond the question you're asking.

Because you are so uninformed and show an inability to do a basic Google search I'm going to do the thinking for you ok? Here's a whole list of shows that are marketed towards an adult audience (late teens to 30s).
Not all of these shows are what I would classify as "seinen" because MyAnimeList is garbage but you get the point. See how it's done? Instead of crying on a forum about how you need every little thing explained to you maybe you can muster up the brainpower to search Google for maybe 10 seconds and find your answers there.

Good job though, you managed to shit up the thread with your exceptional stupidity!

Edit: I am also a retard and forgot the link

Last edited:

Wodanaz

The Wanderer
kiwifarms.net
Your avatar is quite literally from an adult oriented anime, unless you know a lot of children who are concerned with the dystopian implications of AI.

Agent Wet

Trash
kiwifarms.net
This is one boomer-ass (for a lack of a better word) take I ever seen when it comes to anime as others already said to you before unless you been hiding under a rock to not there is a large amount of "adult-oriented anime" to the point the is a demographic for them in the place and there are even youtubers that actually cover them. Out of the things you call out on you choose the one that makes you look like a dumbass.

That has always been the goal. PCP HQ, Radcon, collabs like Khantent, etc. have always been about trying to achieve a similar aesthetic and success as RedLetterMedia. Digi has been open about this ever since around the first Radcon when Davoo and Ben moved in and they made the set in Digi's old house to capture this feeling. Of course Digi did jack all utilizing Davoo and Ben in his content and that chance to experiment with the idea failed due to laziness. And the Radcons have been especially shit outside of maybe the lectures.
If this is the type of content Digi has been trying to do these days then no wonder the idea failed considering that they all have personalty and chemistry comparable to cardboard already combined with Digi's laziness.

• Agree
Reactions: Wild Wild Wisteria

Erischan

chaos goddess
kiwifarms.net
Fune wo Amu
Perfect Blue
Millennium Actress
Space Brothers
Monster
Mushishi
PLANETES
This is the only slightly good answer so far. Perfect Blue is definitely not for kids.
Pro-tip: Shonen is not for adults lmao. Just because there are dark themes doesn't mean it's for adults.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wild Wild Wisteria

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
This is the only slightly good answer so far. Perfect Blue is definitely not for kids.
Pro-tip: Shonen is not for adults lmao. Just because there are dark themes doesn't mean it's for adults.
"Shounen" doesn't just mean "thing you don't like and personally think is childish", so don't use the term like that. You can look at the magazine an original manga is published in and it will literally tell you what its target audience is, try using your brain and resources before saying something stupid like this.

Dogfacefuke

Sent from my Septic Tank
kiwifarms.net
If you view art and storytelling through the lens of symbolism the distinction starts to become meaningless anyways as you begin to view art in a more universal fashion.

That's not to say that something isn't designed with a specific audience in mind, but the symbolic meaning is inherent in every creative decision whether intended or not, and from this perspective you can start to appreciate all sorts of things that initially seemed closed off to you.

Anime, even stuff designed for older people, however, still generally comes off as very young at heart, which is perfectly fine imo. If I want something heavy I'll grab a novel.

But the argument in general seems rather subjective to me, and I don't really think anyone could reach a satisfying consensus on it.

Kawaii UwU

Ugly Bastard
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the recs. However, your takes that Psycho Pass, Elfen Lied (?!), Tokyo Ghoul, Gits, etc. are anything but seinen (or even shounen) (and even going so far as to claim that seinen is adult-oriented when most seinen is generic high school shit), have exposed the full extend of your retardation. Do you people also consider capeshit fine adult-oriented entertainment?

But I will admit that I had not considered movies when I made my original post. Perfect Blue might very well be adult-oriented anime. I also remember now that there was a show a few seasons ago about adults making a dictionary. I did not watch it but from the description and the PVs alone I do not think such a thing would appeal to people <20.

Never heard of hikkikomoris or dedicated otaku?
Bad take. Hikkis are literally escaping from the adult world. Even if there are anime made for the hikki audience (which I doubt), by the nature of hikkis those cannot be adult-oriented.

Fune wo Amu
Perfect Blue
Millennium Actress
Space Brothers
Monster
Mushishi
PLANETES
Only serious answer so far.