Continuance of the Entersphere Board -

Future of the Entersphere subforum?

• 1. Archive the subforum and move the notable threads to Lolcow.

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • 2. Make the subforum to have posts manually moderated by mods.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 3. Merge unnotable threads to several threads and make the threads heavily moderated.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 4. Lock all threads except for Mr. Enter and notable Enterbots ,or other threads with most activity

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • 5. Archive the whole subforum and never move any threads to Lolcow.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Very few staff members pay attention to this board. I rely very heavily on @Hellblazer and @Alan Pardew for what little information I do receive.

I'm curious how people are using this board, and how they feel about it. There are two main points I'd like to address with this post.

1) Autonomy
Autonomy refers to an entity's ability to regulate itself. For instance, Hong Kong was technically owned by Great Britain, but it operated pretty much as its own country. This means it's Autonomous.

In this forum, the Entersphere is very segregated from the mainstream boards, yet still retains its popularity. It sort of operates as its own entity. I'm curious if people actively engaged in this area are content with being separate, or if they feel they require more attention.

2) Usability
Equally as important as who is interested in the board is how interesting the board is. I have very little input to give on this. I usually see a lot of people arguing but with no actual conversation. I get the gist that Enter is someone who is laughable because of how he spends his time and how poorly thought out his videos and points are, but that doesn't mean the response should be to make similar, poorly thought out criticisms of his content. This in particular stands out to me:

He's making money off of copyrighted material, though. That's the problem.
There a world of different of the AVGN making a movie and enter making money off copyrighted material you see the AVGN movie was not just 90 minutes of something someone else made it was all stuff he and the film crew made (save for short amount of game play of E.T at the end for 5 minutes which the name was legally changed to avoid getting sued).
This is simply not true. One of the most common forms of critique in the modern era is taking clips from movies and talking over them or splicing in remarks after the clips play with full audio. Take a look at "Your Movie Sucks" and "Red Letter Media". They both do this and they both have wildly successful Patreon profiles.

https://www.patreon.com/YMS ($3,005.10 per review)
https://www.patreon.com/redlettermedia ($11,247.00 per month)

While I'm perfectly content in having discussion I'm not personally involved in take place on the forum, it can't substitute reality and fun with petty bickering and griping. A lot of what I see tends to fall into this category.

Also very prominent in this board is a complete inability to deal with dissenting opinions. It's OK not to agree with someone. On this website we have everyone from gun-toting right wingers, transgendered communists, and edgy neo-nazis. If you can't deal with someone disagreeing with you you are in the wrong place. I was seriously embarrassed to see how bad people got trolled when someone from Enter's forum visited, and continue to be with how incredibly successful NostalgiaJazzPunk is at trolling without even trying. This is every thread where he posts:

You guys have to learn to deal with this shit. It's the Internet. It's being an adult. He's not rude and he hasn't broken any rules. More people have gotten formal warnings for chimping out at him than he has ever gotten. Just fucking stop responding to him if you're so indignant. It's exactly like what we had in the Chris boards with P-Logic. Politely disagreeing is not against the rules. Nothing is forcing you to respond or even read his posts and threads.

This is an open discussion, but in short, I see three things that need to change:
  • You guy have to learn to deal with people who you don't agree with. If Enterbots are truly lolcows, then you don't have to get angry at them. You should be laughing. If nobody's laughing, nobody's a lolcow, and everyone is a mad baby.
  • Nobody here is a moderator unless your name says you are. Stop declaring people should be getting banned or thread banned. If a post is in violation of the rules, report it. Stop backseat moderating and stop jerking each other off.
  • If you're going to ridicule someone for long, boring videos about shit nobody cares about, don't do it in a long, boring post that talks about shit nobody cares about. "Brevity is the soul of wit" excluding CatParty.
That's all I have to say. Let me me know your opinions and suggestions.

Last edited:

StateOfMind

The hamster that ate your trefoils.
kiwifarms.net
I don't get why people are mad at him for disagreeing, but the reason I put him on ignore is because his arguments and logic are really bad and it wasn't worth it to argue.
Sometimes he would start an argument, but simply of his bad reasoning or something off-topic. Around the time he first joined, I remember him getting angry over down votes. (That was pretty hilarious tho) He's also a hypocrite, as he pretty much does the same butthurt things he says we do. (Dumb rating a post with a simple opinion, ect.)
But yeah, it wasn't very good on our part either. I did a lot of things wrong myself when first joining, but some people just made me embarrassed. Some went all A- log about Enter, like calling his existence is worthless or that he's worse than hitler or something. You become the lolcow if you get emotional over something like well, a lolcow. And I kinda agree, people should stop backseat modding in this sub. It makes no sense.

Tl;dr : Nja has bad reasoning and arguments, we did too.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
I don't get why people are mad at him for disagreeing, but the reason I put him on ignore is because his arguments and logic are really bad and it wasn't worth it to argue.
Sometimes he would start an argument, but simply of his bad reasoning or something off-topic. Around the time he first joined, I remember him getting angry over down votes. (That was pretty hilarious tho) He's also a hypocrite, as he pretty much does the same butthurt things he says we do. (Dumb rating a post with a simple opinion, ect.)
But yeah, it wasn't very good on our part either. I did a lot of things wrong myself when first joining, but some people just made me embarrassed. Some went all A- log about Enter, like calling his existence is worthless or that he's worse than hitler or something. You become the lolcow if you get emotional over something like well, a lolcow. And I kinda agree, people should stop backseat modding in this sub. It makes no sense.
Yeah, you've genuinely got your act together from when you've first began. Some people are kinda being babies about this whole situation and clamoring for NJA to be banned, and while I can kind of understand because he was derailing topics, it really isn't fair considering it is just an opinion, and it wouldn't be a very good forum if you're going to ban people based on their opinions. Then again as I said earlier I kinda do like to argue with NJA, unlike everyone else who hates it.

StateOfMind

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, you've genuinely got your act together from when you've first began. Some people are kinda being babies about this whole situation and clamoring for NJA to be banned, and while I can kind of understand because he was derailing topics, it really isn't fair considering it is just an opinion, and it wouldn't be a very good forum if you're going to ban people based on their opinions. Then again as I said earlier I kinda do like to argue with NJA, unlike everyone else who hates it.
I agree, people are kinda overreacting a bit too much to him. I don't hate arguing with him,(in fact, it's pretty hilarious how strong the pseudo-intellectual is whenever he posts) I just want to focus on the main topic more than arguing with a lolcow.
Off-Topic: 1. Where is everyone?
2. Is Jenkins banned? If so, you know how?

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
I agree, people are kinda overreacting a bit too much to him. I don't hate arguing with him,(in fact, it's pretty hilarious how strong the pseudo-intellectual is whenever he posts) I just want to focus on the main topic more than arguing with a lolcow.
Spot on with what you said there.

Off-Topic: 1. Where is everyone?
2. Is Jenkins banned? If so, you know how?
1. What do you mean?
2. Yeah, he's permabanned. He violated the rules one too many times.

StateOfMind

kiwifarms.net
Spot on with what you said there.

1. What do you mean?
2. Yeah, he's permabanned. He violated the rules one too many times.
First, thanks man.

I mean, is everyone else still typing or asleep? It's so empty.
Aw man. I shouldn't be getting feels on a lolcow forum site.:O
RIP Jenkins. All he wanted to do was fit in and laugh at lolcows. :(
K that's sappy as shit ill shut up.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
First, thanks man.

Aw man. I shouldn't be getting feels on a lolcow forum site.:O
RIP Jenkins. All he wanted to do was fit in and laugh at lolcows. :(
K that's sappy as shit ill shut up.
You're welcome.

And even during the night hours there are still a lot of people here, always look at the "members currently online list". Not to mention a lot of people are in different timezones.
To be fair Jenkins did continuously ignore requests to stop spamming reaction GIFs all over the place and made a fool out of himself a lot.

Last edited:

StateOfMind

kiwifarms.net
You're welcome.

And even during the night hours there are still a lot of people here, always look at the "members currently online list". Not to mention a lot of people are in different timezones.
To be fair Jenkins did continuously ignore requests to stop spamming reaction GIFs all over the place and made a fool out of himself a lot. But I found him funny sometimes.
Oh, I didn't really notice that list.
Yeah, I'm starting to think he's underage, but he was still pretty funny.

UmaCertaPessoa

kiwifarms.net
One thing about this board that stood out to me was the insane amount of I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME. I've been a lurker here for a very long time, but I never noticed people posting on other lolcow's deviantart or tumblr pages as much as I did here.

Seriously, we're here to laugh, not to troll.

Swiggity Swooty

Food and good doesn't rhyme.
kiwifarms.net
First, thanks man.

I really don't try to post something anymore unless it's important or to try getting back on topic (I can attest to being really cringe-y with posting when first joining ,too. I'm never living that down.). I'm personally more of a observer than someone who actively does something. This whole thread has already stated any opinion I might already have and I don't think it would add much to state the same things over again.

Though I will say that Occasionally NJA can bring up a good argument or two despite everything going off whenever he's around. I can't recall any of them at this moment because wading through all these arguments really gets tiring. A broken clock is right twice a day or whatever.
But, as pointed out before, this kind of behavior is really embarrassing to watch, really. Between the arguments and I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME brought up not too long ago, this place looks like an even bigger spergy circlejerk than it needs to. Not to say that I'm exempt from this, certainly not, but it's a really bad image to have, you know?

I'm a bit jumbled since I just woke up, but I hope what I just said makes sense and wasn't completely stupid.

StateOfMind

kiwifarms.net
I really don't try to post something anymore unless it's important or to try getting back on topic (I can attest to being really cringe-y with posting when first joining ,too. I'm never living that down.). I'm personally more of a observer than someone who actively does something. This whole thread has already stated any opinion I might already have and I don't think it would add much to state the same things over again.

Though I will say that Occasionally NJA can bring up a good argument or two despite everything going off whenever he's around. I can't recall any of them at this moment because wading through all these arguments really gets tiring. A broken clock is right twice a day or whatever.
But, as pointed out before, this kind of behavior is really embarrassing to watch, really. Between the arguments and I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME brought up not too long ago, this place looks like an even bigger spergy circlejerk than it needs to. Not to say that I'm exempt from this, certainly not, but it's a really bad image to have, you know?

I'm a bit jumbled since I just woke up, but I hope what I just said makes sense and wasn't completely stupid.
I agree. This sub forum can make KiwiFarms look like hypocrites, due to all the arguing, making us look like lolcows, so it's lolcows laughing at lolcows.

Ferls

Not Farael
kiwifarms.net
Everybody insisted that it was fun to mess around with NJA but it sure didn't seem like anybody was having much fun.

The most painful part is that people get invested in arguing with NJA as if they expect to change his mind, and as if it is so ardently important to them that he does. Yet everybody claimed to recognize that NJA wasn't going to change his mind and was a successful troll. But then everyone would just cover their asses and say "but it's fun" and continue as if it made their sperging any less embarrassing. For the past few days the forum has been largely unreadable, and trying to ignore NJA only made things more confusing because most posts were directed toward him. And a lot of what I've read can be appropriately accompanied by a third grader shouting out "sick burn!" It's embarrassing to know that when Null looks at us, this is what he sees.

I've generally shied away from rocking the boat, but at this point it may as well be said: there's been so many low quality and low effort posts too. The dialogues people write stick out to me especially. When I first started lurking Kiwi Farms that rule on the CWC subforum stuck out to me. Now I understand why there's a rule against it. It's something that Enter even does itself. Remember that bad acting and stupid dialogue he did in he Mars Needs Moms review? Think about that every time you write a dialogue and decide if you still want to post it.
Granted, a fair amount of the bad posts were Jenkins, but I've just seen straight up stupid posts that wouldn't be tolerated on any other subforum, but get rewarded here. Even things that were decided upon for this subforum, like Reaction Image abuse, would get multiple "likes" and even "Winner" ratings. Jenkins got 10 Winner ratings for quoting "Wait, are there adult molesters in GA" and making this joke:
OH GOD.
"Hey there big boy. I got some candy in my toy chest..."
"Alright."
*SURPRISE BUTTSEX*
That's what this subforum calls a quality post.

I know a lot of these were Jenkins, but Jenkins was not alone and his posts were completely encouraged.

Also, stop grasping at straws. There are definitely some bad and poorly thought out implications in GA, but sometimes it feels like people are just being desperate and unfair. Don't dig too far out of the show's scope, and do some critical thinking of your own. Sometimes people are just having fun, but there seem to be people who are forgetting that it's just a slice-of-life cartoon.

Before you post, think to yourself:
Is this interesting, funny, informative, or something I would otherwise get away with posting on any other subforum?
If this subforum was just starting its trial phase, would this hurt its case?

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit, I've been overusing reaction gifs, and I'll cut back on them.

Do you think it would be a good idea for everyone to put NJA on ignore? It would certainly cut down on the amount of threads being derailed.

UmaCertaPessoa

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, derailing happens a lot in this subforum. If you go to the CWC board, the worst you get is people discussing how Chris got to where he is today. Here, a thread about some video Enter made can often lead to people talking about SJWs or something.

If some Enterbot shows up to defend the guy, just move on. We don't need 3 pages of irrelevant arguments.

Edit: actually, don't press the dumb button. Ignoring is better.

Last edited:

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
imho, the forum needs to be a lot more trigger happy with the locking. I remember several times on the CWC forums where certain topics would descend into speculative spergfests (especially during the aftermath of the GameStop event) and @Hellblazer wouldn't blink in locking threads when they just completely derailed. Not hating on him or anything; I think that the best way to discourage any more off-tangent debatefests in this subforum would be to have someone lock the threads before they get out of hand, because it's happening far too often.

I don't have too much of a gripe with NJA myself, but my honest two cents:

We have a rating system.

We have an ignore function.

Remember, we're here to laugh at Enter, not ourselves.

(And yes, I'm guilty of participating in the spergfests as much as anyone else. Sorry. :| )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino