Here's Goth Dad announcing the new containment thread:
1) Merari01 10 months ago Full Permissions
2) EphraelStern (this is the new NB mod with the extensive /r/rape history that they deleted shortly before becoming a mod) 1 month ago Full Permissions
3) Bardfinn (Goth Dad) 1 month ago Full Permissions
4) justcool393 1 month ago Full Permissions
5) WilhelminaWonkette 1 month ago Full Permissions
6) billyup 3 days ago Full Permissions
7) Amekyras 9 minutes ago
I bet they created this containment sub to prevent people from coming over to KF. They need to realize that people are still gonna come over here. Nyk just called his fans "stalkers" for looking up his past, literally telling them to fuck off to KF if they want to research a rich millionaire Youtuber using their money to influence politics (and no, you don't get to shout "privacy/It's none of your business" when you've reached that level of wealth and influence). Also, what's the point of banning people from saying "Kiwi Farms" on Reddit if Nyk is going to mention us repeatedly in videos? If I'm not mistaken this the third video he's made name dropping Kiwi Farms.Posted by u/Bardfinn Penelope
/r/ContraPointsDrama, for all your "screaming at one another about Natalie Wynn and The Discourse" needs.
r/ContraPointsDrama -- lightly moderated according to the Sitewide Content Policies.
Want to use all-caps? Want to scream about how Natalie is cancelled? Want to have long walks on the beach and gripe about how Natalie personally pissed you, yes you, off?
Take it to r/ContraPointsDrama.
no idea. i wrote on her wall asking her to keep that vid up.
Let me preface this by saying I don't really give a shit about the issues or Contra herself and honestly I have no idea why I'm doing this when I should be working, but here we go. Honestly it would probably just be quicker to watch the video than read all of this.i was going to watch the new video but I saw the length and noped right out. That's literally longer than some movies lmao. link for the lazy:
Unfortunately, Contra censored all the usernames. Honestly a good idea lest she be accused of trying to dox or send her army to harass her harassers.Honestly, if some non-binary snowflake crybullies get dogpiled on Twitter because of this video, it will be the best thing Contrapoints has ever accomplished.
I kinda wanted to watch this video myself because Hontrap does make interesting point sometimes, but I don't have the mental fortitude to sit through 100 minutes of self-gratifying rambling in that screeching voice.Let me preface this by saying I don't really give a shit about the issues or Contra herself and honestly I have no idea why I'm doing this when I should be working, but here we go. Honestly it would probably just be quicker to watch the video than read all of this.
[3:00] From here, the video goes into a sort of ordered list on the "tropes" of cancel culture, using the James Charles situation as an example. Starts off with a summary of the drama.
- Starts off the video with a Content Warning for Alcohol. Pulls out a bottle of King Cobra from the trash heap.
- Immediately "jokes" about needing a man to open her booze for her because she can't get the cap off. Opens it with pliers, calling it "the lesbian solution." Chugs directly from the bottle and "jokes" about how the huge bottle makes her man hands look smaller.
- Explains what cancel culture is and gives some brief history on it. Calls it the modern guillotine and compares how both became spectacles for entertainment.
- Notes the two sides of cancel culture are male comedians calling it the death of comedy and leftist SJWs saying cancel culture doesn't exist, it's just people being held accountable for their actions and call it cancel culture because they don't like it. Contra says neither is right.
[5:42] Trope 1: Presumption of Guilt
[7:20] Trope 2: Abstraction
- Cancelling inherently assumes guilt without proof. Contra accuses Tati of weaponizing cancel culture to get rid of a competitor and being homophobic.
[9:36] Trope 3: Essentialism
- Cancel culture warps the original claims against an individual to fit a more sensationalized headline (for example, "James Charles tried to trick straight men" turns into "James Charles is a toxic and manipulative sexual predator").
[11:43] Trope 4: Pseudo-moralism/Pseudo-intellectualism
- Cancel culture has morphed from criticizing someone's action to criticizing the person themselves ("X did a bad thing" turns into "X is a bad person")
[17:26] Trope 5: No Forgiveness
- People use cancel culture as a weapon or as sadistic entertainment but pretend it's for moral reasons.
At the end of talking about the James Charles drama, she talks about how James was fine after the canceling because he's a 20 year old millionaire head of a beauty company, but not everyone who gets canceled is so successful and popular and can just brush off cancel culture like that. Some people who get canceled are poor, small creators. Convenient segue to talking about her own cancellation.
- Even if the person getting canceled apologizes, they're still canceled. Either because they aren't believed, or because people decide to dig up other sins of the past to justify hatred and canceling. even if people believe the apology is sincere and accept it, they'll bring up the original drama the next time a new situation pops up. (Example: James Charles wasn't in the wrong with the Tati situation but people still said he's transphobic because he said he wasn't sure he was fully gay because he's been attracted to FtM trannies (a reasonable statement to anyone not wokepilled). He apologized about that as well but no one cared and it was brought up again after the Tati drama.)
[24:08] Trope 6: The Transitive Property of Cancellation
- More alcohol
- Goes on to list various things she's been canceled and criticized for and tells the difference between cancelling and criticizing
[53:11] ]She goes back to talking about Buck Angel and how it's bad to take tweets out of context and weaponize them.
- Hold on tight because this is the majority of the rest of video.
- Essentially just guilt by association.
- Example, Contra was canceled for working with Buck Angel, a FtM tranny porn star that the LGBT community hates because he identifies as transsexual and not transgender. She goes on about this for the next 20-30 minutes
- [36:51] KIWIFARMS SHOUT OUT, HI CONTRA!!
- Insists she's not truscum or transphobic or anti-nonbinary etc etc
- [40:45] Addresses first of the "problematic tweets" people have been using to cancel her for being truscum, the one that says "But surely an account that begins with "I'm not a man because I don't identify as one" is pretty weak."
- Lots of discussion on transmedicalism and nonbinary identities. I'm getting really tired of this and I regret starting this comment but I'm too far in to give up now.
- [45:00] Talks about DDLG and kink and the stream mentioned in this post.
- [48:30] Addresses second of the "problematic tweets," the one that says "Wheras I've bet 20-year-olds in full-on boy mode who are like "hi I'm a trans woman, she/her pronouns!"" Very short section here, she just says "they're valid"
- [49:00] Third of the "problematic tweets," the one that says "But now you go into these leftist Discord/Facebook groups, and like 20-30% identify as some flavor of trans. Most are not conventional binary transsexuals. That seems to be the future." She says she still agrees with the point but admits that "conventional binary transsexuals" is bad wording and apologizes.
- [49:41] Fourth of the tweets, the "big one" that got an article in the Guardian, the one that complains about hyperwoke communities and always having to share pronouns when she should just pass without question. Before even showing it, complains that people pay more attention to her tweets than her videos. She explains it was just her venting because she got triggered for needing to share her pronouns with a bunch of cis women. She says the "minor expense" part of the tweet was obviously sarcasm that anyone who watches her videos would know. Goes on to talk about how she tried to explain herself and only made it worse. She apologizes for tweeting it and promptly moves on.
[56:26] Back in the trash tub, chugging King Cobra again. A little over half the bottle gone now.
- Worries maybe she might be wrong for taking the same side as Buck Angel but concludes that she's morally superior for not hoping on the hate bandwagon.
- [54:18] Talks about the first time she got cancelled, back when people got mad at her for hanging out with Shoe0nhead (and others that she refuses to mention). More complaining about guilt by association. Says she talked to Shoe about her nonbinary video and implies she got her to remove it. She refuses to apologize for having out with Shoe and says she doesn't regret it.
- [55:13] Talks about the livestream with Blair White but again refuses to say her name like she's Voldemort or Beetlejuice. Humblebrags that she was able to change Blair's opinion on nonbinary identities
[1:12:39] Complaining about "breadtube"
- Encourages people to go watch videos by nonbinary creators and to listen to the criticisms against her and Buck Angel.
- Says youtube videos are better for criticism instead cancel culture because you're not hiding behind twitter anonymity
- Starts a long segment of looking at tweets hating on her after she uploaded "Opulence."
- [1:04:25] Starts actually talking about the hate, lamenting that everyone ignored the video she worked so hard on to zero in on the Buck Angel cameo. Insists she's definitely not mad.
- Says she's used to it and has learned to deal with it by blocking the haters and not reading hate messages (like how she ignores this thread)
- Complains about people going after her friends and colleagues, namedropping Lindsay Ellis, Hbomberguy, and Olly from Philosophy Tube.
- Implies she's scared of working with anyone else because she doesn't want others getting canceled via guilt by association
[1:15:42] Trope 7: Dualism
- Says that "cancelling" as she has been using it in the video is synonymous with "trashing" as defined by feminist Jo Freeman in her book Trashing: The Dark Side of Sisterhood, where she says it's "psychological rape" done to cause harm rather than give constructive criticism.
- Says she's more hated as a tranny youtuber than Blair White and worse than Lacy Green
[1:23:52]Yet more booze. Spends way too long talking about tequila and pouring herself shots.
- You're either with us or against us, good or bad, on the right or wrong side of history.
- You have to call out other people to prove that you're a good person on the right side.
- Says this allows her to be abused online because she has been labeled as "the enemy." Uses everything that has been done to refute claims that she's overstating harm to garner sympathy and evade criticism.
- People abusing her online don't feel like they're abusing her because they're "punching up" at someone with a platform. She admits she's more powerful than them as individuals but not against them as a group and that's something they don't realize.
- She says she's more vulnerable as a public figure with a platform who doesn't have the safety of anonymity online and isn't allowed to lash out or defend herself without risking more hate/abuse
- Calls the person who transcribed her Patreon AMA regarding the Buck Angel situation a "traitor."
- Cancelling calls for an immediate apology which is often unwise, insincere, and not properly thought through. Said apologies are then used against the cancelled person as proof of them being insincere and manipulative.
- On the other hand, going silent marks you as unapologetic or a coward
- [1:24:38] "I'm not a victim, but..."
- Talks about how much it hurts to be cancelled.
- Leftist twitter has hurt her more than anything else has
- Being a tranny is hard
- Being in more than one community made it less hard on Contra getting cancelled because even though she was kicked out of one community, she had others to fall back on.
- Says it's not people like her or white comedians or James Charles who suffer from cancel culture, it's marginalized people like trannies, sex workers, etc.
- Brings up August Ames' suicide and how cancel culture drove her to kill herself. Contra says she can relate to what she was going through (but still calls her homophobic)
- Says she plans on living as long and possible even if only out of spite.
[1:35:58] back in the trash tub, slurring and opening up another bottle of alcohol, meowing and singing Christmas carols.
- She's this fucking close to snapping
- She's having more surgery in a few days and says it's the only thing keeping her together.
- Passive aggressive snark against her watchers
- Says she wants to talk about why Cancel Culture is a thing and the effects it has but will have to make a part 2 because she's at her limit
- Correct prediction that Twitter is going to lose their shit over the video without even watching it and judge it solely on the title and length
- She definitely doesn't give a fuck about what anyone thinks though.
TL;DR, here's the key points of entertainment:
- [12:09] Malt liquor dribbles out of her mouth down her chin like Rick Sanchez, she makes a note of this via a text scroll at the bottom of the screen and says it's because her lip is still numb from plastic surgery
- [36:51] KIWIFARMS SHOUT OUT, HI CONTRA!!
- [47:41] Transgenderism is real because feels=reals
- [1:21:50] Calls the person who transcribed her Patreon AMA regarding the Buck Angel situation a "traitor"
- [1:22:49] sarcastic apology to 4chan which is mildly entertaining
- [1:24:38] "I'm not a victim, but..."
She does make some good points, but there is quite a lot of "I'm not a victim, but" going on. It's not awful to listen to if you have it on in the background.I kinda wanted to watch this video myself because Hontrap does make interesting point sometimes, but I don't have the mental fortitude to sit through 100 minutes of self-gratifying rambling in that screeching voice.
Thanks for saving us the effort.
Great, now a bunch of troons in her audience will find Kiwi Farms, cry on Twitter about how this is literal violence, and start another “shut down kiwi farms” petition on change.org before self-immolating en masse.
It might come off as "that guy"-y, and kinda devil's advocacy, but the truth is, most people, normal and cow alike, are more than capable of endorsing a concept they think is good and coming to regret it later on. Certainly, it comes off as irony, but often the only way someone can learn that they fucked up is when it backfires on them.It's hard to pick out the best part of this whole ordeal: Nyk complaining about how the rabid dog he raised ended up biting him in the hand, his fans suddenly being so concerned about cancel culture even if a big part of them happily participated in it until it was their Breadtube kween who was targeted, or all the gender specials with anime avatars throwing a tantrum over his latest video