Cooking oils and fats discussion - Crisco: not just for fisting at the bathhouse anymore!

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I deep fry in peanut oil (it's expensive but if you must deep fry and want to use a fryer and therefore probably want to avoid the ballache of emptying and cleaning a solid fat it's what I'd recommend from a health perspective).
Cleaning Solid Fats is waaaay easyer.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Not in my experience using a deep fat fryer but it would be a lot cheaper and healthier to use coconut oil, so I'm all (deep fried pigs') ears.......
take a big spoon at scoop it out. Its not much work and you dont make a giant mess. you cant spill it and you can hide it better in a bin.

Seed Pod Tits

kiwifarms.net
take a big spoon at scoop it out. Its not much work and you dont make a giant mess. you cant spill it and you can hide it better in a bin.
Actually just throwing it in the bin does sound convenient. Disposal of cooking oils and fats, now there's a thing. Fatbergs make me want to vomit.

Haram Exercise

Some assembly required
kiwifarms.net
I rarely deep fry my food, but when I do I just use canola oil. I know it's not good for me, but I don't do it often, maybe twice a year. My go to oils for cooking in a skillet are avocado oil and olive oil, depending on what I'm making. I like to use butter to cook eggs, onion, to grill sandwiches, burritos, gyros, etc. For stir fry I use sesame oil, but I don't buy it very often because it's kind of expensive for a small bottle.

Tags
None