Cooking with Kat (and DSP) thread -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's Kat's connection to Louisiana? Phil always raves about her "cajun pasta"and just recently mentioned her cooking gumbo.
He's trying to flex over TV dinners again since both can be bought premade at Fred Meyer's, Schwans, and QVC. Even though this just proves he's a lazy manchild and his wife doesn't care enough to do more than have Chef Mike cook their meals for them.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Small powerlevel, but it's pertinent. I was gifted an air fryer for Christmas...and it's pretty fucking great. With that said, it's also super easy. I've made chicken wings, tequenos, and home fries (potatoes in rough-chopped pieces), and each could not have been simpler. My point is not to brag about how great I am, but to point out that if they've been fucking up "cooking" packaged frozen food, there's no hope for either of them. You literally set a temperature and time, and you can check on it at any point to shake it or flip things or whatever. The only way you burn things is if you set the time for too long and don't bother to check on it.

Of course, neither of them seems to prepare much veg, so there's not a lot of chopping and other things going on, so they probably do just walk away.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Small powerlevel, but it's pertinent. I was gifted an air fryer for Christmas...and it's pretty fucking great. With that said, it's also super easy. I've made chicken wings, tequenos, and home fries (potatoes in rough-chopped pieces), and each could not have been simpler. My point is not to brag about how great I am, but to point out that if they've been fucking up "cooking" packaged frozen food, there's no hope for either of them. You literally set a temperature and time, and you can check on it at any point to shake it or flip things or whatever. The only way you burn things is if you set the time for too long and don't bother to check on it.

Of course, neither of them seems to prepare much veg, so there's not a lot of chopping and other things going on, so they probably do just walk away.
I would be willing to bet that they look at the cook time on the package, set it for the lowest wattage time and walk away. But, the catch is they have a higher wattage microwave, so the contents turn into radioactive sludge because there was nothing they could do.

I've made that mistake a couple times before, so I'm not immune to it. Didn't notice the small print below the nuke instructions that said "For 1000w microwaves, reduce cook time by X minutes" and wound up with a colossal mess. See what I mean?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: actually

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would be willing to bet that they look at the cook time on the package, set it for the lowest wattage time and walk away. But, the catch is they have a higher wattage microwave, so the contents turn into radioactive sludge because there was nothing they could do.

I've made that mistake a couple times before, so I'm not immune to it. Didn't notice the small print below the nuke instructions that said "For 1000w microwaves, reduce cook time by X minutes" and wound up with a colossal mess. See what I mean?
Thing is, the air fryer is basically a faster, smaller convection oven. So if you use the oven directions, you can usually set the same temperature and then just start with less time (like half, as a starting point). You're right, though. If they're trying to use microwave directions or something, there's no chance. Still, I could cook 1.5 lbs of chicken wings in less than 20 minutes. Phil could have delicious, actually home-cooked food between his streams.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net

dave did admit they did not realise you had to turn the food, and the chicken at the top burnt and at the bottom was raw

remember this is a man who didn't know how to cook a turkey in an oven because it came with no instructions, the equation of weight to time seems to be nuclear fission to phil

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
dave did admit they did not realise you had to turn the food, and the chicken at the top burnt and at the bottom was raw

remember this is a man who didn't know how to cook a turkey in an oven because it came with no instructions, the equation of weight to time seems to be nuclear fission to phil
Tried to cook lunch meat in the oven cause he though my Black Forest ham had a caramel coating

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

That's true if you're cooking chicken breasts (I know because I *shock* did a 10 second google search). For the chicken wings, though, I just had to shake the basket every 5 or so minutes to make sure the same spots weren't sitting on the basket. They must have used the wrong temperature or something. In any case, a simple search would have provided directions so simple even they could do it.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
simple search
Cahmahn, man. Between shtreeming, and uploading the shtreems to the archive channel, and making authentic politalian sauce, and spraying Ja$per, and wwe network, and tweeting.... Phil doesn't have time to do simple searches. He's a mature adult with a business degree. What a moron.

If you fuck up with an air fryer.... There's little hope for you. These kitchen devices are made for braindead morons like me to make good tasting stuff without having to be Bobby Flay on a daily basis. Screwing up something on the stove because the heat was JUST a bit too high? Done it. It sucks. Left something in the oven a minute too long? Yep. That sucks, too. If you ruin something that goes in an air fryer or instant pot (or whatever pressure cooker multi device you have is), you are nothing more than a walking advertisement for birth control and the morning after pill.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe that's why he's so insistent on regularly eating out every week despite his financial crisis. Khat and his own homecooking is so godawful that even fastfood is more palatable than whatever slop they are churning out from their overpriced QVC kitchen appliances.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
That's true if you're cooking chicken breasts (I know because I *shock* did a 10 second google search). For the chicken wings, though, I just had to shake the basket every 5 or so minutes to make sure the same spots weren't sitting on the basket. They must have used the wrong temperature or something. In any case, a simple search would have provided directions so simple even they could do it.
I think khet used chicken drumsticks

they should've started with something simple like banana slices

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1-22-20 pubg stream dsp said kat was craving that breaded chicken so they had that again
The way he was talking, it definitely felt like the beginning of Mashed Potatoes Saga, Part 2.

i.e. Kat being adamant about keeping something on the menu at Casa Burnell that Phil is not so keen on eating day after day

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
Dinner tonight was Turkey Burgers and Phil was "incredibly thrilled that for the FIRST TIME EVER we* made french fries in my air fryer".
I guess Kathy read the manual and put the food in the basket so it would cook evenly instead of burning, because Phil had proclaimed it was a worthless piece of crap that didn't work because it took slightly more thinking than 'shove food in, press button, remove perfectly cooked food'.

*Kathy cooked everything. Phil didn't do shit.

Reactions: millais

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dinner tonight was Turkey Burgers and Phil was "incredibly thrilled that for the FIRST TIME EVER we* made french fries in my air fryer".
I guess Kathy read the manual and put the food in the basket so it would cook evenly instead of burning, because Phil had proclaimed it was a worthless piece of crap that didn't work because it took slightly more thinking than 'shove food in, press button, remove perfectly cooked food'.

*Kathy cooked everything. Phil didn't do shit.
Now, they probably just reheated frozen fries, but for the audience at home, here's all the effort required to make french fries in an air fryer:

1) Cut potato(es) up.
2) Toss with ~1 tbsp of oil and season with whatever seasoning you like.
3) Cook at 400 F for about 8-10 minutes.
4) Toss around in fryer basket.
5) Cook again for about 8-10 minutes (depending on fry size and desired crispness.

For a Gordon Ramsey-esque improvement, parboil the cut potatoes for a few minutes before air frying. This makes the fries tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.

Imagine fucking this up.